Who wants to see my latest? by 4BanGinFun
Started on: 10-10-2004 01:32 AM
Replies: 87
Last post by: 4BanGinFun on 04-15-2005 12:10 AM
4BanGinFun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
well it started off as an 85 SE v6 4spd

then I started to strip it

then I seen what I had to do
RH

LH

....More comeing

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Cut all the nasty rust out of the RH side and welded on a new rail that got from Rubyredfiero, all Zinc primered and ready for sealer

Same deal on the LH side all primerd and ready for caulking

RH all blacked out again

Who says you need a pickup truck to haul fiero body parts a 97 sunfire does just fine
Drove out to see RubyRed today and purchased this aero body off of him and spent several hours talking and playin in his garage

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001
decided to hang some of the panels on the car

And that Just about does it for now I will have more pics later as my reasembly continues
Save another form the rot monsters. Chris 2, Rust 0!!! thats how I like it
... SO whats everyone think of my work

------------------
Chris 85 Fiero SE 2.5L of fury
second one in the garage undergoing surgery

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=347941&page

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001
ttt
MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
looks like alot of work.. good job..

------------------

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Now that is a great improvement! I am looking forward to seing it cruising around as well.

Did you know there was that much rust repair required when you purchased the car or did you find it later? Good work.

Pete

------------------

corysdreamcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for corysdreamcarSend a Private Message to corysdreamcarDirect Link to This Post
Very nice job keep up the good work
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
I had a pretty good idea that there was that much. So it really wasn't that much of a surprize once I pulled the body off. This car will be my driver next year and it will be attending the cruises

...Thanks for the complements

Chris

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4BanGinFun:

Chris

Man that looks very nice, great improvement!!

Did you just do one side at a time or both at once..?? May I ask how hard was it to replace the rails and keep the Fiero straight..??
I have a Fiero that I need to replace the upper and lowers and I am just going to cut through it all and re-align it back up and do them both at once...

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003

well it started off as an 85 SE v6 4spd

This is EXACTLY what 'SmoothGT' looked like when I started on the modding...lol

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 10-10-2004).]

PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm

PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

Hmmm

LOL Only on a Fiero forum...

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Very nice. That was obviously a lot work but I bet you will give out a big sigh after it is all back together knowing that you did it right the first time.
Now you just might have to change your user name

Steve

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
Nice job cleaning up the rails, should send a couple more fiero's your way Did you get the panels from the same person you bought the car from by chance? I now he had a couple of parts cars before moving upo your way.
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

Hmmm

Ooh Pete your always good for a laugh! Don't think dad would be to thrilled about tearing apart his car. lol

As per the repair I did one side at a time it didnt really move a whole lot when I cut everything off. Just make sure you remember to take the dogbone off, cause the engine will want to pull the trunk towards the cabin.

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

Nice job cleaning up the rails, should send a couple more fiero's your way Did you get the panels from the same person you bought the car from by chance? I now he had a couple of parts cars before moving upo your way.

No I got the body panels from Oscar (rubyredfiero) Adam if I had my own shop I'd say sure send em over but dads been on my case for taking up his garage

mattm

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
Great job.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Very nice work on the rails... I can't believe the amount of rust hiding in some of our cars.
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Yea some of our cars are pretty bad. The scary thing is that there are some ppl who arent into fieros like us, and dont know just how bad their car can be. :S thers a black fiero in my town that is all sunbaked, rims are all oxidized, and the car looks like poo. I just cringe when i think of the frame. Not to mention they park it on grass. tsk tsk
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
TTT
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Cool! And, BTW, I'm diggin' that moped!

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

PFF
System Bot
gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
Nice job! A lot of work but you now know that structurally your car is in good shape for an engine swap. So do you think you can convince your Dad that he can save a ton of $$ on gas if you let Pete swap out his caddy engine for your V6?? Hey, it's worth a try! LOL
L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2004 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
Nice work chris! I belive that caddie has a northstar?
blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Looking good, keep us posted on the progress

------------------

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Yea I think this car someday in the near future is going to be getting either a 3800 II supercharged or a 4.9 i have the 3800sc all ready just needs to be rebuilt but yes i will keep you guys posted

hahah on a kinda scary note

I toook it out for a rip yesterday without the body on, just around my block a couple times. I opened up the 2.8 makin some nosie and an @ss h0le neighbour called the cops on me. 2 cruisers pulled up infront of my house and threatend me with just about every voilation in the book :S but he was the good cop and let me go. But just told me he didnt want to see that car on the road again untill theres a body on it and plated.
My lucky day!!!

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
its street legal without body panels - but it does need to have tags and lights

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 10-11-2004).]

rubyredfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rubyredfieroSend a Private Message to rubyredfieroDirect Link to This Post
Chris - I am totally impressed at how well you installed those rail and in a short time. You just left my place saturday afternoon and already have the rails and body parts on with pictures AND test driven. Boy that's close, you could have got in deep poop with the cops. Hope you gave them a gift cert to Tim Horton's. Not a good job, GREAT JOB. I can't wait to see it in person. Now you can do the same for other Fieros in your area. You just do the work at their garage with your portable welder. See you on the 16th.
Oscar.
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
well I tossed the body on last night except for drivers rocker, trunk lid, hood and the door skins with the aero. My GF helped me put on my rear clip lastnight and i decieded to get some pics of it in my back yard before i pull the white stuff off to take to work and edge all the parts and prime them up

Thats all for now next pics will be when the white is in primer

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001
TTT
ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
Nice work man, I'm verrry impressed.

Hopefully one day I can start ripping apart a car like that. Too bad mines seen the last of the road for a few years.

Keep up the good work cause you're gonna be takin me for a ride when that thing is done!

------------------
Alex

Gone to sleep for a while

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! I looked at that body when I went to visit Oscar and almost picked it up for mine. Looks Great! I'm almost scare to see the rails under my panels. I'm gong to wait until I get a garage in February before I rip anything apart though. You gonna have her ready for the cruise? :]

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Owner / Design Lead - WordMark.ca Communications

PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
getting new tips for the exhaust system?

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
This car wont be at the cruise, but I will be driving my current 4 banger car its nice too I'm probably going to wait til the spring to get the "GT" painted dont really wana store it with freash paint. We will see depends how quickly I can get some bills paid off.

Also the tim hortons cans are not my new exhaust tips :P i accually have tips from a 04 Grand Prix gt for it i don't know if im going to put them on or find something else. I also have STS stips from a 97 that \I might toss on.

------------------
Chris 85 Fiero SE 2.5L of fury
second one in the garage undergoing surgery

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=347941&page

[This message has been edited by 4BanGinFun (edited 10-12-2004).]

Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

Woh! Look at that bike. It looks like Pee Wee Hermans!

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
since everyone just LOVES my moped heres a beauty shot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
BURN OUT W/ IT!!!

run it WOT w/ it on the stand and when it hits bout 30-35 drop the stand and it will leave about a 6inch to 1 foot mark... a guy ran his scooter at the drag strip the other day and pulled a 14.xx @45mph in an 1/8th thats pretty good considering ive seen a mazda millenia run a 15.6x@37

btw thats a P.I.M.P. Moped

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydz
Mid-Rear Madness

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
hahaha yea id do that but the tires on the thing are soo cracked from the age ( think its a 72 or somethng) i dont wana break it my dad would kill me lol i have the front fender for it. it need s to be fixed the mount is borken. other then that its in great shape bought that baby for 100 bux cad
Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarDirect Link to This Post
Hey man .. nice car and .. well nice everything .. it all looks great .. including the moped .. lol .. well hoepfully mine can look as good as yours .. well with your help maybe lol .. well ya man i'll see ya on sat at the cruise hopefully .. if matt can fix his car ..
Matt
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
well I got bored tonight so i opened up the 86+ style cluster and painted up my needles

once my Aux gauges get here i will be doing the same to them may even concider some white faces

whats involved in making the gauges glow blue instead of the red?

KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXDirect Link to This Post
4BanGinFun, A+ on the job you did...I too have gone throught the same thing you have gone through in the last 3 months and las you know its not easy...zinc chromate primer eh? dont breath that **** in

ha ha good job
Brad

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock