Started on: 11-03-2004 11:01 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Phil on 11-05-2004 07:50 AM
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how many of you will really care but...

A few months ago I got it in my head that I wanted to track down the company that sold the Fiero luggage. I found an old ad which listed them as PVL, Inc. at 1523 N Main in Royal Oak MI. I tracked that address down and it is now used by several local newspapers. Nobody at that address knew anything about PVL. I found an old telephone listing for them but the 800 number has been disconected. I then did some general checking of state records. I found that PVL was involved with a labor relations case in 1997. The court records didn't list any officers or usefull information. I then went to the state department that records information on companies that are registared in Michigan. They told me that on 8-15-2002 PVL, Inc. changed it's name to Lieberman, Inc. After being sent to several different departments I also got the name of the person on the corp. papers. The name listed was Erwin Lieberman.

I did an internet search for Mr. Lieberman and found that he is now a Vice Chairman at the Beanstalk Group. Calls to them got me several number at which to contact Mr Lieberman. I left voice mail messages or request for call backs with whoever answered the phone. One of the numbers was for Ford Motor Co. They promised me the Mr Lieberman would call me within 10 minuets. None of my calls were ever returned.

Back to the State of Michigan. More run around but I did get an address for Lieberman, Inc. in Farmington Hills. I emailed the Chamber in Farmington Hills and asked them for help in talking to someone at Liebermans. They never replied to me. So two weeks ago I wrote a letter to the address listed with the State. Todate I have had no reply. I checked the address and the same address is being used for some internet startup.

Sofar I am no closer then I was three months ago but who can tell. Maybe the next time I'm in the Farmington Hills area I'll just drop by the address I have.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Contact LZeitgeist. He has a nearly complete set of original Fiero luggage. There may be info on manufacturer tags or labels or maybe he has some other info?

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARKaiser:

A few months ago I got it in my head that I wanted to track down the company that sold the Fiero luggage.

Wow, nice try!
What are you going to ask them?

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

I'll be near Farmington Hills on Friday. Either post or PM me the address and I'll drop in and see if I can get any ifo for you.

Mark

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
There are companies that can custom make that type of luggage. They wouldn't put the fiero emblems on them, but you could have that done later. There are even a couple of forum members that do fiero embr.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Mark - the address I have is -

34119 W 12 Mile
Ste 355
Farmington Hills 48311

Cheever3000 -
I would ask the $10,000 question.... do they still have any left?
I also wanted to know how they got involved with the Fiero project? What happened to the marketing rights to all the stuff they sold? Would/could they sell the rights? Just things like that? Maybe get some interesting information I could pass on to the group.

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
A friend of mine has Trans Am logoed luggage made in Korea. Definately the way to go if you wanted to do it. 100 sets would cost next to nothing to produce.

------------------

Kohburn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
replica fiero luggage that actually fits the fiero trunk would be
SLagrec1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLagrec1Send a Private Message to SLagrec1Direct Link to This Post
"A" in tenacity and a "+" from me -- I'm interested.

------------------
Steve, 87 Fiero GT, Getrag w/Ultimate Shift Kit, Street Dreams drop spindles, Poly mounts, KYBs, Borla exhaust, Pioneer audio, DashScan

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to keep at this. If nothing else comes of PVL/ Lieberman then I'll go after finding someone who can make something close. I've already seen a couple of sets that almost fits correctly in the trunk. If someone with a set could send me exact measurements that would help.
88red4cyl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88red4cylSend a Private Message to 88red4cylDirect Link to This Post
I've never seen the Fiero luggage before. Does anyone have a pic of it?
PFF
System Bot
Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
DAMN! I saw some on ebay the other day! Now I can't find it.

------------------
Dowdian
Beat up, broken down, bashed in 88 GT that I love dearly.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88red4cyl:

I've never seen the Fiero luggage before. Does anyone have a pic of it?

Search is your friend.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/044796.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040223-1-035578.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020118-1-009229.html

------------------

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2004 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARKaiser:

Mark - the address I have is -

34119 W 12 Mile
Ste 355
Farmington Hills 48311

Cheever3000 -
I would ask the $10,000 question.... do they still have any left?
I also wanted to know how they got involved with the Fiero project? What happened to the marketing rights to all the stuff they sold? Would/could they sell the rights? Just things like that? Maybe get some interesting information I could pass on to the group.

Rick,

I should have some time to go by there today. I'll let you know what I find out.

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2004 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I do quite a bit of traveling in my Fiero and you can put 2 of those airline carry on type bags (the ones with the wheels) very nicely into the trunk, along with 2 small duffle bags.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock