Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  How many Fieros with Scissor Doors? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
How many Fieros with Scissor Doors? by KitKar
Started on: 05-18-2004 05:13 PM
Replies: 83
Last post by: madcurl on 12-26-2004 02:41 AM
KitKar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post
What does this make me? Number 3?

I'm putting the finishing touches on it tonight, then hitting the road to Carlisle. I only had time to do the drivers side. Passenger side will be done when I get back. If I have time I'll post a pic when everything is back together.

------------------
Rick Lord
http://www.KingdomCustoms.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
WELCOME TO THE CLUB.

I believe your #4 but the 3rd person with a Fastback GT.

1. madcurl
2. FieroRumor
3.Dragon's wife car.

These are the current ones that have step'd up to the plate. trust me, you'll be happy, every time you open your door.

Have any more pics?

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-18-2004).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
As far as I know, the only other people with em are Madcurl and FieroRumor. Nice job!

EDIT: BAH! He beat me to it!

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 05-18-2004).]

Malakyt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalakytClick Here to visit Malakyt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MalakytDirect Link to This Post
whoohooo... go kit kar. Make mine number 5 LMK when we can schedule an apt.

-Dan

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post
Oh that's right. Forgot about the other one.
That's the only decent pic I have so far. I first made the mods to the kit (It's a modified Decah kit) on another car. Here is a pic after doing that.

Big thanks to FieroRumor for putting up with my questions.
Hopefully I will have more pics tonight.
Soon Malakyt. Very soon.

------------------
Rick Lord

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! Glad to see that you got your kit & got it to work so nicely!

Keep us posted on your progress & availability

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
did you get the one that Decah had on sell? $1299 I still need to get one more set for the Fiero Redux.
KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post
I believe that's the one. I pay dealer cost. It's the universal one.

------------------
Rick Lord

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Yipeee! Another one coming together!

Happy to have helped you out with the questions...glad to see you were able to get the "slight-rubbing" issue resolved!

Can't wait to see pics of your finished car! Very cool!

-FieroRumor

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Is the VDC kit bolted or welded? have any pics of you standing sideways for comparision view? Before the show makes sure you paint the area under the door where it looks like a loop-to-loop.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
When are those Carexcess bolt-on kits going to be available? Their webstie has a ton of beautiful pics of Curley's car but no way to order the kits

Otherwise I might be #5

http://www.carexcess.com/vdc/_Pontiac_1984_1988_Fiero.html

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

PFF
System Bot
Mark u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark uSend a Private Message to Mark uDirect Link to This Post
How can I get those kits for the doors?
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Is the VDC kit bolted or welded? have any pics of you standing sideways for comparision view? Before the show makes sure you paint the area under the door where it looks like a loop-to-loop.

In one of the pics he showed me, it looked like he cut the DECAH hinge (the long "L" part) and then welded it so it has the proper angle needed for the door. (mine has a little piece welded onto the bottom part) I think he made it so it bolts on. Looked NICE.

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post
After mine is done and I work out all the details, I will be offering kits for sale.
Madcurl, do you mean a pic of me standing between the door and body to show how much space there is? It is bolted on. I wanted to make this so it has as little modification to the Fiero as possible. All I've had to do is trim the tip off the piece of side trim on the fender and trim the front edge of the door panel where it curls in. I've already painted the bottom of the panel black. Thanks.

------------------
Rick Lord

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KitKar:

After mine is done and I work out all the details, I will be offering kits for sale.

When and how much

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Madcurl, do you mean a pic of me standing between the door and body to show how much space there is? It is bolted on. I wanted to make this so it has as little modification to the Fiero as possible.

Yeah, a pic of you between the door and the car. Be sue to paint the hindge too...it looks silver?

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

When and how much

Hopefully within 2 or 3 weeks and probably about $1600.

Is the VDC kit bolted or welded? have any pics of you standing sideways for comparision view?

This must be what you meant.

Is yours bolted or welded?

------------------
Rick Lord

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post

KitKar

489 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Yeah, a pic of you between the door and the car. Be sue to paint the hindge too...it looks silver?

Ok, I'll take a pic tonight. I've painted the hinge black also. It's just primered in the pictures.

------------------
Rick Lord

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
mines is bolted.

Question: on Car Excess first attempt at putting on the kit, the two guys cut a opening in my front fender wall ( i need a new one now) this was because part of the strut/mechanism was sticking towards the front tire. After they fired those two guys Jerry and John got it right and it doesn't enter or stick out towards the inner fender. Does this current pic demonstrates this or does it just looks that way from the pic?

edit: Also did Decah give a tool for minor adjustments? I have one, however my door right now is in no need for adjustments.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

When are those Carexcess bolt-on kits going to be available? Their webstie has a ton of beautiful pics of Curley's car but no way to order the kits

Otherwise I might be #5

http://www.carexcess.com/vdc/_Pontiac_1984_1988_Fiero.html

don't go there. Wait until Frank gets his car back from former employees, and let him give you the correct answer.

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post

mines is bolted.

Question: on Car Excess first attempt at putting on the kit, the two guys cut a opening in my front fender wall ( i need a new one now) this was because part of the strut/mechanism was sticking towards the front tire. Does this current pic demonstrates this or does it just looks that way from the pic?

edit: Also did Decah give a tool for minor adjustments? I have one, however my door right now is in no need for adjustments.

Oh yeah, I have to cut that whole in the wheel well. That's what you mean right?
Decah didn't give me a tool, but if you mean adjusting the door sag, it's just an allen wrench. I have plenty of those.

------------------
Rick Lord

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

don't go there. Wait until Frank gets his car back from former employees, and let him give you the correct answer.

I'm not sure what this means, but if KitKar makes his kit available for $1600 there is little chance of me buying the Carexcess kit.

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Got a few more to add to the list for you guys.
Street Dreams Test Mule:

And then there's the insanely custom silver Fiero that was seen in a show in Canada? I think...

So, we have (In order of appearance on this forum):
1. Custom Silver Showcar
2. Street Dreams
3. Madcurl
4. FieroRumor
5. Dragon
6. KitKar

Hope this helps...

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed In Progress...
'86 2.5L turbo put to sleep

fieroperformancemods@yahoo.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I'm not sure what this means, but if KitKar makes his kit available for $1600 there is little chance of me buying the Carexcess kit.

Here the headache link: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040723.html

You just might be better off with Kitkar's. All that I can say is I'm getting one more kit from who ever does it the BEST!

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
nice work rick, and that nosepiece is starting to grow on me!
james4.5
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Oh yeah, I have to cut that whole in the wheel well. That's what you mean right?
Decah didn't give me a tool, but if you mean adjusting the door sag, it's just an allen wrench. I have plenty of those.

Yeah, thats it. However, mine doesn't need to be cut or is sticking out now. Jerry and john perfected it.

Songman took some better pics (close-ups) of the area for Dragon for comparisons. Pm Songman for pics if your interested?

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

You did a GREAT job making that fit!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

Got a few more to add to the list for you guys.
Street Dreams Test Mule:

And then there's the insanely custom silver Fiero that was seen in a show in Canada? I think...

So, we have (In order of appearance on this forum):
1. Custom Silver Showcar
2. Street Dreams
3. Madcurl
4. FieroRumor
5. Dragon
6. KitKar

Hope this helps...

Yeah i wanted to get Street Dream's VDC kit long time ago but I didn't want to wait. I guess he has perfected it by now?
Is it the first? Yeah. But it wasn't perfected at the time of VDC in Florida?

The Silver import Fiero? Come on.........thats one of the lamist VDC kits I've seen in a long time.
Actually its a HVC kit. (H-horizontal)
IMO its whoever makes one that is totally functional and not in its infent stages

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Marianna's doors have been done and I'm looking to havea set done on the Dragon

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered
Signiture By Reality

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Here the headache link: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040723.html

You just might be better off with Kitkar's. All that I can say is I'm getting one more kit from who ever does it the BEST!

Thanks Curley, Somehow I missed the thread on Carexcess going belly up. Glad I didn't dump a bunch of money into that sink hole. BEst of luck to KitKar. I would love the VDC, but I want a bolt on kit.

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Jordan keeps saying how much he would like to have his go up like that on his, especially when we were at the Custom Compact show and we saw a lot of cars with lambo doors. If we are ever able to pick up a kit who would be interested in helping us install them on Jordans Fiero?
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Yeah i wanted to get Street Dream's VDC kit long time ago but I didn't want to wait. I guess he has perfected it by now?
Is it the first? Yeah. But it wasn't perfected at the time of VDC in Florida?
The Silver import Fiero? Come on.........thats one of the lamist VDC kits I've seen in a long time.
Actually its a HVC kit. (H-horizontal)
IMO its whoever makes one that is totally functional and not in its infent stages

HAHA
Oh, come on Curly, you're just jealous 'cuz you want to be #1...
J/K!

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post
Turns out I have to do more work to it than I thought. When I get back from Carlisle I'll be hacking it up and making changes. The door doesn't quite line up right, and we apparently screwed up the wiring. No time to fix now so it will have to wait.
Here's a couple pics.

Hope to see some of you at Carlisle.

------------------
Rick Lord

Malakyt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalakytClick Here to visit Malakyt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MalakytDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait Rick. Seriously.... cant wait. LOL... i have been saving my pennies for this one. Looks great btw!!

-Kyt

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2004 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
What is your take on this guys? I am a little skeptical to put up a $600 bid to buy it http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6783&item=2478978037&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

What is your take on this guys? I am a little skeptical to put up a $600 bid to buy it http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt em&rd=1&category=6783&item=2478978037&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

Hmmmmm.........here's a pass link on those hindges: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/041566.html

I think these are the same ones? The hindges seem to have doubled in price less than one week! Anyway check-out what is messing comparred to FieroRumors?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-19-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Turns out I have to do more work to it than I thought. When I get back from Carlisle I'll be hacking it up and making changes. The door doesn't quite line up right, and we apparently screwed up the wiring. No time to fix now so it will have to wait.
Here's a couple pics.

Hope to see some of you at Carlisle.

Looks good so far and it does seem that there is enough room to get out of the car w/the window down? I notice also that you shaved the inner or rolled the door panel? That's what Jerry and John @ Car Excess did on my car. I hope you make it to the Carlisle car show.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-19-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The new phone number for Jerry's shop (former employee @ Car Excess) is 1 800 305-3788. They said Frank's car is finished and are selling the kits for Fieros. Hmmmmm........I'm gonna wait for results from Frank first? He picker than me so if he gives it a thumbs up.....maybe I'm in?
SandstormGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTDirect Link to This Post
Im not trying to sound like an ******* , I do know that creating these kits takes time materials, and research, but dont you think the 1500$ range is kinda steep, I by no means know exactly what it takes to make one of these kits, but from the looks of it, it is a strong metal and a strut to help the door up, I am by no means flaming anyone, just wondering why such a big markup, is it because of demand? Thanks alot!
BTW: They all look very good.

~Adam

RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
count me in the club too, mine should be on this weekend. how much do u all have to trim in the inner wheel well and how difficult is instillation, and opening and closeing door. thanx all

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock