Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  My Scoop idea becoming a reality (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
My Scoop idea becoming a reality by Wholf
Started on: 05-02-2004 02:02 AM
Replies: 71
Last post by: Wholf on 05-31-2004 01:11 PM
Wholf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Back in March I posted about doing some mods to my 308 body https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/039070.html
Well today I started on that mod of removing the vents and putting scoops in their place. This is the progress I made today...
I started out with removing the vents, and running down to the local Walmart and picking up some foam and masking tape.

I cut the foam to the fit in place of the vents

After getting the right fit it was just a matter of making one heck of a mess and sanding it down to the desired shape

After sanding it down I covered everything with masking tape and proceeded to start fiberglassing

Continued....

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Continued from above..

After two layers of matting and fiberglass she is drying over night.

This is going to take a lot of finishing work to get her to come out looking the way I want her to, but in the end I think it will be worth it.
Eventually it will look something like this when it is done

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. That will definitely be different, and will look great on your car. + for you for the ingenuity.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Cool! You make it look pretty easy, how is the foam to work with? It'll look great when your done, nice car!
FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
I didnt think you could use resin on foam! I figureed it would melt it............

Very cool idea, cant wait to see more!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Wholf,

You are the man !! I love your car, I really love your interior, and now I love your scoops.

Definatly an inspiration ! Really makes me feel like i can really do my own scoops and body mods.

Can i ask what kind of foam did you purchase ? How much did it cost (foam) and then the mat and resin ?

Glad to hear you are going with black paint,...love black cars Again great job !

Tony

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroHarry:

I didnt think you could use resin on foam! I figureed it would melt it............

Very cool idea, cant wait to see more!

Not if you cover it (like he did with tape, etc.) it WILL NOT MELT!! Trust me... This is how I made my WIDEBODY!!

Wholf...

Looking great, Keep up the good work!!

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 05-02-2004).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
How do you get the foam out?
jlhuber

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jlhuberSend a Private Message to jlhuberDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I think it is called paint thinner. Atleast, that is one way of doing it. It eats the foam, but not the fibreglass/resin.

------------------
--Jess
'86SE
'85SE
"If you expect the unexpected, was it really even UNexpected in the first place?"

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Wholf. I love your car and think what ever you do will turn out great! Nice work.

------------------
-Chris

Custom Gun Metal 86 GT
Look here for more pics - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040573.html

***95 Camaro 3.4 swap, Ported and polished heads and intakes, CRX CAI, Custom Cam, AFP Regulator, steel vacuum lines, steel braided EGR tube, new Wire Harness, New Exhaust, No Cat, Flowmaster, polished poly dog bone. Isuzu 5 speed, Short through shifter
***Intrax 2" drop springs, Full Polly Suspension, Sencetrack Struts and Shocks, Grand AM brake upgrade, steel braided brake lines, 17" Gun Metal Wheels, Khumo Tires
***Racing Seats, SunPro tach w/ shift light, White face guages, carbon fiber Steering wheel, Carbon Fiber dash accents and custom sphere shift knob,

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
They look GREAT! Can't wait to see them completed!

-FieroRumor

PFF
System Bot
MrsWaggs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsWaggsSend a Private Message to MrsWaggsDirect Link to This Post
Oops Im not logged in right.....................

[This message has been edited by MrsWaggs (edited 05-02-2004).]

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Not if you cover it (like he did with tape, etc.) it WILL NOT MELT!! Trust me... This is how I made my WIDEBODY!!

Smooth Idea, Oops I didnt just say that did I ?

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

The tape or whatever you use, work's like a release agent... You are just using the foam for a mold... Or atleast I did mine like that... Then glassed the piece's on the body!!

Harry...
Yes, You just said that! hehehaha

JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post
See..............This is the kind of threads I like.
And I think 'most' PFF members will agree.

A "HOW TO" project using tools, materials, and skills that the average person has.
I mean the " I CNC'd this and Custom Machined That" are nice to look at, but most of us don't have access to equipment like that or the skills to use it even if we did.

Thanks for the pics.
And a ever so coveted "+" for you.

------------------
Jim
www.jkfiero.com

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Wholf,

Can i ask what kind of foam did you purchase ? How much did it cost (foam) and then the mat and resin ?

Glad to hear you are going with black paint,...love black cars Again great job !

Tony

Tony it is a foam you can pick up in any hobby craft department. It also come in green, and is mostly used for doing floral arrangements.
For a 1X12X36" piece of foam was $3.88 a sheet. As far as the Fiberglass, I ran to Home Depot and picked up a gallon for $24.00 and the matting was $4.97. It is really pretty to cheap to do mods like this, but the outcome is how much finishing work is put into your project. This one is going to take a lot to come out the way I want them too.

Thanks for looking and all the compliments, I will post more pictures as I progress.

Edited because I missed some question (sorry) :

Smooth is right about the masking tape, almost nothing sticks to it and I should be able to pull the scoop out of the bottom(fingers crosse) .
The foam is very easy to work with, and it does not take much to sand it to shape. I used 60 grit paper and it worked great, but it makes one heck of a mess.
------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

[This message has been edited by Wholf (edited 05-02-2004).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wholf:

So will this be the final product or are you making a mold first? Your design is looking good!

I used more and more masking tape during making my mockups. It is easy to smooth one-off rough molds with tape. I also used the foamstuff in a spraycan (called PUR overhere) for making the shapes. You can apply some layers where you need it and it will expand and dry in a few hours. And then you can sculpt it

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GTR in Progress
1969 Chevy Suburban

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 05-02-2004).]

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
Hummmm Different, I actually like it.. If you dont then you have a home for it on my car!! and if you like it, you willing to give your metal louvers a new home? I have flat alum ones that dont look correct.. they work but there is better out there. You have the CC ones with the bends right? far as the air intakes go I dig it. once you start finishing them you might want to remote thermostat the engine compartment though. It might raise the temp in there. OR it might lower it.

This is your brain child right?? Cause I don't recall ever seeing any Ferrari's with this on them. Dinos I think have something kinda like it but not as wild as that.. MY last car show till wheatstock was yesterday.. so time to really get a moving!! Body off engine in!! woo hoo! L8

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

I used more and more masking tape during making my mockups. It is easy to smooth one-off rough molds with tape. I also used the foamstuff in a spraycan (called PUR overhere) for making the shapes. You can apply some layers where you need it and it will expand and dry in a few hours. And then you can sculpt it

Don't give ALL our fiberglassing secret's away...

I have'nt tried the spray can foam yet... I am going to give it a try on the interior (dash, etc...)

Again... (+) for you Wholf....
And Yes, I agree... this is a good thread!!

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys here is an update... I was hoping to save the molds but, it did not turn out that way. The foam came out in pieces. Next time (if there is one) I think I will use tin foil. It appears the resin heated the masking tape to much and the adhesive was everywhere.

Here is the casting after I got the foam out...

After filling, grinding, and sanding this is where it is at right now..

I still have a lot of sanding and some filling to do, but it is coming out the way I want it. Once I get it all smoothed out I will cut the openings and primer it.

Now to answer some questions...
Fie Ro, this is the final product. I was keeping my finger crossed I could save the mold, but it didn't work out that way. I was thinking that if X-RacerPro, or DjDraggin wanted one I would just give them the foam mold. I have filled and sanded on this thing all day, there is no way I would do another one.

DjDraggin, Someone has already asked for the louvers, but I am going to hang on to them. IMHO they are not that good, and I have already had to have several of the louvers re-welded. The jig they were made from doesn't allow for the arc of the deck lid, or he just did a crappy job of welding the aluminum. Yes this is my "Brain Child"!! I imagine on a real 308 you don't have to worry about rain coming in on top of your engine and electronics.
However with our setup, if it was to rain, it would be all over the engine. As far as cooling, I think witht the gap between the rear window and deck lid, plus the scoops will be enough. I could also mount some fans in the deck lid forcing air out of the scoops.

NotAFieroAnyLonger, thanks for the compliments. I have to give credit wher credit is due, and bud you deserve it! I have done a lot of body work and painting in my day, but I could never imagine doing a whole body out of Bondo and Fiberglass. This one piece of work has gotten the better part of me today. NOW GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO FINISH THAT CAR!!!!

Hopefully I answered everyones questions... I plan on doing some more work tomorrow evening when I get home. I would like to get it smoothed out enough to put another coat of resin on it by next weekend. I will post pictures and progress as I get things done.
Thanks for looking at my work, and best wishes on your projects.

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
blahh you destroyed it on puprose didnt you.. hahaha I have the only brain child vent around!! hahahah

Ok just kidding, mighty good looking though. Now you kinda got me wondering about that area of the car. And man.. you'r sooo right about water being hell for our vents.. ours are bigger and located over the engine more then stock fieros so everything gets wet when your sitting there.. there has to be a cure somehow. Fans under our vents have always been a sweet add on.. just never needed them "yet"

Looking good man.. L8

PFF
System Bot
Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DjDraggin:

blahh you destroyed it on puprose didnt you.. hahaha I have the only brain child vent around!! hahahah

Ok just kidding, mighty good looking though. Now you kinda got me wondering about that area of the car. And man.. you'r sooo right about water being hell for our vents.. ours are bigger and located over the engine more then stock fieros so everything gets wet when your sitting there.. there has to be a cure somehow. Fans under our vents have always been a sweet add on.. just never needed them "yet"

Looking good man.. L8

Eric, your a character... I guess that is why I like you.. So you noticed how drowned out our engines would get in wet weather huh! I thank it is a disaster waiting to happen, especially with the 3800. Notice how our SC sits right under the passenger vent, and notice what is sitting under neath the drivers side vent, hmmm..
I really don't plan to drive my car if it is raining, but you never know when you will get caught in a down pour, not to mention cold water + hot engine could = something cracked.
Honestly though I did try to save the foam mold, but the damn adhesive from the tape was everywhere and prevented the foam from releasing properly.
With everything that you have done, I am sure you could make yourself a set real easy..
Take care

Harold

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
"Bump" for Dennis
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Harold,

Looking GREAT ! I like the idea of the fans in the scoop let me know if you need any fans..i have a few left over!

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Harold,

Looking GREAT ! I like the idea of the fans in the scoop let me know if you need any fans..i have a few left over!

Revin what are the dimensions of the them, and how much do you want for them. You know I don't remember seeing your fans at the SA roundup, but then again I was to busy just looking at the engine .

Harold

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Very cool Wholf!
A + for you
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Wholf

Do you plan on lowering your car ??

IMO I think that would make it just beyond perfect.

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Wholf

Do you plan on lowering your car ??

IMO I think that would make it just beyond perfect.

Exoticse, my car has already got the 1" Eibach lowering springs on all four corners... The wheels I am running are only 15's.
I do not want to replace the wheels, because they have the proper off set for the body kit, not to mention you can't get those rims anymore. They were manufactured for the 308 rebodies (are so I am told).

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wholf:

Exoticse, my car has already got the 1" Eibach lowering springs on all four corners... The wheels I am running are only 15's.
I do not want to replace the wheels, because they have the proper off set for the body kit, not to mention you can't get those rims anymore. They were manufactured for the 308 rebodies (are so I am told).

okay i guess we will just have to settle for perfect (as opposed to beyond perfect) lol.

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

size huh 3inch? They are 12v computer fans. how many? pay shipping or come down and get them free (to you )

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

size huh 3inch? They are 12v computer fans. how many? pay shipping or come down and get them free (to you )

Thanks bud, if what I have planned doesn't work out I may just have to do that. I am going to try and find the bigger fans, like the 6-8" type that are used to cool radiators. I have seen them in the small sizes, but don't remember where I saw them. I am still hopeing that I don't have to do it, and since the weather is warming up, I will find out soon enough..

Harold

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Those 6 little ones seem to do the trick for me. Plus cleans up the underside well to. Remember you did not see them??? maybe mold yours in and it will look more "factory" under there?
Well I do have "other scoops bringing air to that compartment.

No problem ! they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Your right, I didn't see them... If I can find the fans I am looking for (if I actually need them) I can mount them flush in the opening of my deck lid where the scoops will be covering them. That would create enough suction back there to suck anything not bolted down out the scoops .
You planning for Wheatstock?? Hope so... Maybe this time we can actually talk some, especially since I will have a car this time. I can see it now, a sun lounger, umbrella for shade, and a cooler of Iced down cold ones (and no not soda) ..

[This message has been edited by Wholf (edited 05-04-2004).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Harold, the tape adhesive issue looks familiar
But since I used mold release wax in the molds and over the tape the damage was less, at least for one-off's it didn''t matter much because my designs kept on changing during the process

Don't give ALL our fiberglassing secret's away...

No I didn't... I didn''t mention The Okie Wookie Fiber dance and pee'ing over the molds!

I have'nt tried the spray can foam yet... I am going to give it a try on the interior (dash, etc...)

Do not apply too much at the time...it will get big air bubbles inside and dry slower. Plus it will expand a lot in about an hour so be gentle.
When you want to stick the foam to existing parts or mockup (...with the foam I use!) spraying some water first will add to the adhesion....
I use the foam that is used in houses to fill up spaces between walls etc...

So you've got plans for the interior? I have been sketching some ideas these days...
oops, back to topic.

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Ok everyone here is a small update... I did some more filling and sanding today and then set them on the car for some photos.
The following pictures give you an idea of how they should look. I think they flow good with the shape of the car. Of course I am open to the opinions of all of you, so let me know what you think..

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

[This message has been edited by Wholf (edited 05-04-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Wholf I found that foam at Walmart.

I am excited, I have no idea what i am going to make yet, but i feel like a mad scientist turned loose.

Hehehehe

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Opinions: They look similar to my rear vents on the Silver choptop minus the middle section. I would flow with this example and maybe smooth out the middle section by shaving the front area of "it" down. To give it a more flared look for the middle part. Smoothing down the fronts of the side vents as well will IMO look less blocky?

Oh yeah, how is the view from the rear?

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Wholf I found that foam at Walmart.

I am excited, I have no idea what i am going to make yet, but i feel like a mad scientist turned loose.

Hehehehe

Yep you can have fun with that stuff, it is so easy to shape.... Have fun!!

Originally posted by madcurl:

Opinions: They look similar to my rear vents on the Silver choptop minus the middle section. I would flow with this example and maybe smooth out the middle section by shaving the front area of "it" down. To give it a more flared look for the middle part. Smoothing down the fronts of the side vents as well will IMO look less blocky?

Oh yeah, how is the view from the rear?

I was trying to explain the similarity to you in the last post when you showed me close ups of your scoops. However I knew I couldn't cut something up and make it fit right because of the shape. As far as the middle section, I think I understand what you are trying to explain, but I want it to look like a totally seperate piece. I am also making it removable because it makes it real easy to get to the bolts holding the deck lid on. Since my chasis was an 85 it did not have a 3rd brake light, so I am putting a thin led one in that middle section. I am still pondering on what to do with the side vents, but I know I won't have time to do anything before WheatStock. I am aiming at shooting my car during the Memorial day weekend(that will be a whole new post since I am laying the paint myself). View from the rear??? Are you talking about from inside the car? If so, it is about the same.

Harold

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
View from the rear? From looking at the back to the front and from inside the car looking back. Does the added middle section obstruct part of your reviewing?

Anyway is looking like a very good mold plus a one-off. That makes it special!

------------------

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Curly,,, a "one-off" is exactly right, every time I sand on it, I look like I am covered in flour
I do not want to do this again.. I did want to save the foam mold in the event someone else wanted to do the fiberglassing, but no such luck.
As far as the view from the rear it looks like this:

The middle section has no effect on obstructing my view due to the downward slope of the deck lid. I know it is not that obivious in the pictures, but believe me it is their.

Thanks for you comments and suggestions, and I still wish you could make it to WheatStock, I am dieing to see your car up close... <WIPES DROOL FROM CHIN>

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock