Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Minneapolis WOW Show ... (not dial up friendly) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Minneapolis WOW Show ... (not dial up friendly) by Tina
Started on: 03-29-2004 02:31 AM
Replies: 52
Last post by: Archie on 04-02-2004 09:20 PM
Tina

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Sports car conservative

John from Wisconsin with the SLOT KAR

Blue GT (please forgive me not coming up with your name at the moment)

Ken Anderson with his blue car

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 03-29-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Shawn's low milage GT

Sports car mild (4 to 6 mods)

Shawn's "Purple Reign" ...2nd place

Kev's 3800 ...3rd place

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Tina

2858 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Yellow Fiero ( Name escaping me at the moment) ...Did not place

No picture available

02 Corvette ...ended up with the 1st place

(What a snob and sore looser she turned out to be)

Sports car semi (7 to 10 mods)

My Curse 1st place

Sports car radical (Any number of mods, one of which must be chopping, channeling or sectioning.)

Jeff and his Stinger 1st place

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Tina

2858 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Hehe ...and overall winner of the sports car class ( 2 passenger car)
including all categories below

33.Conservative Sports - pre 1963 (domestic and foreign)
34.Conservative Sports -1963 - 1967 (domestic and foreign)
35.Conservative Sports -1968 -1982 (domestic and foreign)
36.Conservative Sports -1982 - 2001
37.Contemporary Sports 2002 to current
38.Mild Sports
39.Semi Sports
40. Full Sports
41.Radical Sports
42.Handbuilt Sports (built from scratch or kits)
43.Exotic Sports (limited production 2 passenger sports cars)

A Pontiac Fiero ... GM's step child

The Curse that is.

Usually dont "toot" my own horn to often,
but he, I am still scrubbing various paints of my skin, "French manicure" has long since gone Bye bye, a full 8 hours of sleep (not in the last 6 weeks), paint thinner has now replaced nail polish remover from the top ranking spot, nevermind my Yoga classes. sniff, sniff...

Besides that $100 cash prize will come in real handy with that gas hog of mine.
(Secondaries open, ...just like flushing the toilet on that thing)

------------------

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Tina

2858 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Group shot of the winners

A crowd favorite

Minnesota Fieros Forever Display

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Tina

2858 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Tina

2858 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Looking good Kev ...I think you just about have 'em convinced

One cool looking bike

Matching pink plush interior

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Great job guys/gals. Curious...what was the over-all reaction from the public when viewing the Fiero's? +/-?
It's nice to see the Stinger again, i guess it's in good hands? Was this the Stinger's first showing there?

------------------

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Thats a cool thing you did with the frame. Show everyone how the car was built and how safe the car really is.

------------------

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for all of the pics. A lot of great cars there. We're all still waiting for the Getrag rebuild thread Tina .

Kris

------------------

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to All and especially Tina for the Overall Win !!!

------------------

0 to 75 Audio http://www.cartsys.com/fiero/cal-engine.wav

PFF
System Bot
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time walking around the WOW show, lots of nice cars. Tina, thanks, you saved me some time by posting all these pics, I only had to size down a couple of mine.

First one, hey Aus, you got a winter place in Minnesota?

Tina with her ride, congrats by the way.

I think I found the perfect wagon for hauling the tools around the junkyard.

MFF people you did a good job with the show and the cars and displays looked awesome, thanks.

------------------

Where will the road take you today?

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Great job! Congratulations to ALL! What a wonderful display. It's nice to see our addictions getting some positive attention.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Wow, thanks for sharing the pics...those cars look GREAT! It's nice to see Fieros doing so well in these shows...the more publicity, the better!

-FieroRumor

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I've got a few more pics - but they'll need to be re-sized and tweaked before posting

As for the crowd reaction... having a large club display with the "nekkid" Frame certainly didn't hurt. People were really impressed, and I personally didn't hear any "those things catch fire" statements (although I know others did). I also know Tina had a "discussion" with a guy who was suggesting how unsafe the Fiero was. But all-in-all there was a great reaction... the funniest thing to do was stand at a distance and read people's lips as they checked out the stinger (which was pretty much as you 1st wallked in on that side of the show hall) - lot's of "holy ****" and the likes

I even talked to one older gentleman who didn't ever recall seeing the Fiero before and was quite impressed by the car and the overall engineering!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

2000RagTop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post
Tina........ Thanks very much for sharing these pictures with us. They all look very nice.

"And Congrads"

Michael

------------------

88GT/Auto/Beechwood Leather/SunRoof/Wing/Sub-Woofer/w-EQ/225/45/17 Michelin Pilots/All Opts Ex.T-Tops

<<< <<< <<< <<< < Pix of my GT /-
-/ Pix of my Vettes> >>> >>> >>> >>>
*** *** *** *** *** * "If you appreciate my contribution,..please rate me, Thanks"* *** *** *** *** ***

flyingbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyingbobSend a Private Message to flyingbobDirect Link to This Post
Great pics Tina glad I got to see the cars in person .Had a good time and got to meet a few people from MFF also became a member.You guys put on a good show and Marg and I look forward to seeing you again in May.
Bob
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flyingbob:

Great pics Tina glad I got to see the cars in person .Had a good time and got to meet a few people from MFF also became a member.You guys put on a good show and Marg and I look forward to seeing you again in May.
Bob

It was nice to meet you and your wife Bob can't wait to talk to ya in May again..This was one great show !

A BIG thanks must go out to FieroSTS,Racingman24 and MinngreenGT for getting everything togther for are club display...Thanks!!!

Hey Tina the 02 vette was not in mild class with P.R. and ME so I took ....2nd place in mild..

Congrats to all that won and helped with maning the club display during the three day show.

------------------

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Cool! Any more pics of the bare space frame?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flyingbob:

Bob

And I can't believe I was actually in the convetion center at the same time you were (I was over at the 'cycle show with my brother and his wife) - and I didn't get to meet you - Doh! Guess you'll just have to come back down for the Spring kickoff then!

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Tina,

Great Pics, Thanks for sharing! Congratulations to all!

------------------
www.cardomain.com/id/wingnutmd------ "Peg" ------ 1985 GT - THE FORGOTTON GT!

PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Wish I coulda made it Ahh well... at any rate, who's car is the one on the right here? Step up so I can send you a PM!

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tina,

When I grow up I want to be just like you! hehehe!

Congrats on your overall win! Awesome for everyone in the show!

I may be kinda new to the Fiero world but I'm hooked and I hope my car can grow up to be as nice as all of your cars.

Maybe someday!

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
That blue car belongs to Bernie... he's one of our local members, but he's not really an "internet" kind of guy. He's actually in the back row, all the way to the right in this photo: https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/group_shot_copy.jpg and he's the one behind the "nekkid" frame in this photo: https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/flag_ship_fiero.jpg

Looks like you'll just have to come to the next club meeting (the 19th of April BTW) or the MFF Spring Kickoff (May 15th) to meet him

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 03-29-2004).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to you, and ALL of the winners, Tina! You Minnesota people did extremely well! Nice to see Shawn get the recognition he deserves with his two cars, too. He kind of got screwed down here in Omaha. A great looking display, and a LOT of great looking cars!
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I managed to run around and shoot some pics for about 30 minutes before the show opened Saturday morning (yet another advantage of "working the booth" for the club!)

Here are 4 angles of our MFF booth:

A shot that Jeff & I thought would be cool...

A Nice one of Jeff's Stinger:

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

11545 posts
Member since Jul 2001

A couple more of our "nekkid" frame:

Some of Purple Reign's car (I can't wait to shoot some pics of this thing outside!)

One of the highlights (at least for the kids at the show) of our booth:

Tina's awesome display (especially that poster in the corner!)

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

11545 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Mike Sellner's Yellow GT (this guy doesn't seem to like us...)

and a close-up of his sign... seems to think a FieroStore rebuild kit will net him 230hp

and that "+nitrous" statement - wonder if he knows it actually has to be connected to something?

And the only 2 non-Fiero pics I'll post:

and HRM's "Fast Forward Fastback" - what a beautiful car:

atwrk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atwrkSend a Private Message to atwrkDirect Link to This Post
Arrrrg!!!!!!! I forgot about the show! Dang. Thanks for posting the pics.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

That blue car belongs to Bernie...

Very nice car... Know what kind of rims those are? I think I need to "borrow" them. - that's the reason I wanted to get ahold of him

Looks like you'll just have to come to the next club meeting (the 19th of April BTW) or the MFF Spring Kickoff (May 15th) to meet him

Who's idea was it to hold a meeting on a Monday? Don't think I'll make that one... Spring Kickoff sounds doable! Might even have the N* done by then... er... no, better add a month or three

------------------
Northstar 87 GT in progress...

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Very nice car... Know what kind of rims those are? I think I need to "borrow" them. - that's the reason I wanted to get ahold of him

Hmmm... maybe Kev knows (I'm sure he'll read this topic again soon)... otherwise I'll see about contacting him to find out for you!

Who's idea was it to hold a meeting on a Monday? Don't think I'll make that one... Spring Kickoff sounds doable! Might even have the N* done by then... er... no, better add a month or three

Actually, MFF meetings have been held on the 3rd monday of every month for more than 10 years now
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Ryan ...................those rims are " Enkie's " but I dont know what style they are.
Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Hey Tina the 02 vette was not in mild class with P.R. and ME so I took ....2nd place in mild..

There you go confusing me again

When I talked to Ken the head judge on saturday evening about the different categories, he showed me the " Mild Sports" list,
at that time the 02 Corvette was still in it.
Guess they must of changed that as well.
Who then got 3rd in "Mild"?
I know our "friend" in the yellow GT didn't.

Could somebody please post the complete winners and runner up's in the "Conservative and "mild' before I tick any more peeps off

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:

There you go confusing me again

When I talked to Ken the head judge on saturday evening about the different categories, he showed me the " Mild Sports" list,
at that time the 02 Corvette was still in it.
Guess they must of changed that as well.
Who then got 3rd in "Mild"?
I know our "friend" in the yellow GT didn't.

Could somebody please post the complete winners and runner up's in the "Conservative and "mild' before I tick any more peeps off

The vette took "best in conservative class" with P.R.'s 88Gt T-Top taking 2nd place...and Mike sellner taking 3rd place and having crying about it..

Me and P.R. were the only one's in "MILD" class I took 2nd and he took "BEST" in class I just looked at his award..

Conservative sport...

Kenn Anderson-classed
John Olson-classed
Bernie L.-classed
Mike Sellner-3rd
Shawn aka P.R. -Outstanding 2nd
2002 Vette-Best in class

Kev-Outstanding 2nd
P.R.-Best in Class

Mike Sellner got moved to "conservitive class" at the last min...

------------------

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 03-29-2004).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics & congrats to you all.

With the great receptions the Fieros have been getting at various "non-Fiero" shows, it occurs to me that if we would have had these fine cars to display 18 years ago maybe GM would still be making the Fiero.

Archie

------------------

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:
The vette took "best in conservative class"

That makes more sense ...
For the life of me, looking at the car, I could not find the mods necessary to put her into the "mild" category.

------------------

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Each and every one of you deserve to toot your horns!

Fantastic display's really nice to see a display that promotes Fiero's in such a manner!

Great job to you all.

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
And the only 2 non-Fiero pics I'll post:

ARGHHH!!!!! This is the meathead that made us sit and wait to leave the building in Omaha! Notice his metal framework around the car? He started to stack it up to take it out, putting it right in the aisle where we needed to go! So, we got some guys selling welding equipment in the booth next to us to move their equipment, so we could get by. Just about that time, they rolled this car off of the display...and broke the right rear CV joint. They'd try to roll it, and it would hit the bodywork on the car. It took them half an hour to find a floor jack to move that POS......

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

They'd try to roll it, and it would hit the bodywork on the car. It took them half an hour to find a floor jack to move that POS......

If you can't drive it, it's just a " Model " !!!

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Nice pics

thanks for sharing

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay