Started on: 12-04-2002 07:57 PM
Replies: 314
Last post by: Firefox on 02-26-2004 11:32 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
The Aura

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
who says there's no such thing as santa!
Don_Chi_Chi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don_Chi_ChiClick Here to visit Don_Chi_Chi's HomePageSend a Private Message to Don_Chi_ChiDirect Link to This Post
Is this a new kit in the works or a one-off?
LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroDirect Link to This Post
Part of me wants to say GT40, and part of me wants to say Corvair GT concept that Chevy never made, because it looks like both of them...

------------------
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2M4

85frankenstein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85frankensteinClick Here to visit 85frankenstein's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85frankensteinDirect Link to This Post
Damn Archie! That's looking sweet. Gonna have to check it out, up close and personal some day soon!

Bob

------------------
As Alice Cooper once said...

Feed My.... Frankenstein!
Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
i definetly prove

-Coop

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!!!! Archie you da man. We are not worthy. GT40 or Saleen S7ish look.
iwanna3.4dohc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iwanna3.4dohcSend a Private Message to iwanna3.4dohcDirect Link to This Post
holy mother of god!!!!!! that is awesome. is this a kit your going to be making
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Is that a new kit? What's it called?
hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
That says total GT40 to me. I thought I heard something about this before, that a GT40 kit was available for the Fiero. Maybe I'm going batty (as if I haven't been already).
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Is that car streched? It sure looks like it.
PFF
System Bot
Rex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexSend a Private Message to RexDirect Link to This Post
Nice,would be very nice with gull wing doors.
85SE
From: Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada (yes, the town is named Paradise!)

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hallsman:

That says total GT40 to me. I thought I heard something about this before, that a GT40 kit was available for the Fiero. Maybe I'm going batty (as if I haven't been already).

You're right, there is a GT40 replica for the Fiero. Purists will note, however, that the "real" GT40 was much lower and longer (at least in appearance) than the Fiero kit is. I have three very small videos of a completed kit that was on eBay in March of 2000 (judging by the file dates

I do like the look though. Just wish something could be done about the rear...in my opinion, the exhaust just doesn't look right where it is in the stock location when the kit is installed. However, if I had to guess, I'd wager that not a lot can be done about it. Given the shortness / shape of the rear of the body, I imagine you lose the trunk as it is, leaving you little in options for re routing the exhaust up higher. Course, I could be completely wrong there and would be happily corrected.

Archie, do we get a build up thread on this one too? insert evil grin

Truth be known, I bet Archie wants to see how high the view total goes on this one

Andrew

------------------

www.andrewsfiero.ca
Proud owner of an 85 coupe with 39k miles

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
This is not the AASP GT40 kit. This body is a Mark I and it's ALL the correct dimensions.

The Fiero wheelbase and the Mark I wheelbase are almost identical, so this Fiero chassis has not been stretched. The roofline, doors rockers are identical to the real GT40 Mark I.

Don't worry about the exhaust, it will be in the right place when we are done & it'll have a V-8.

Take a look at the roof, the doors extend up into the roof and open just like the original GT40.

Archie

litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
VERY nice, Archie...all of the other GT40 kits I've seen on Fieros looked like dogcrap...THIS one looks like a GT40 should...
shark93726

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shark93726Click Here to visit shark93726's HomePageSend a Private Message to shark93726Direct Link to This Post
Cool, Archie.

Any rough idea how much the entire body kit would cost? (I want one)

Or are you only doing them yourself?

------------------
Gerald Storvik

http://www.8shark.com

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Holy Testicle Tuesday!

Archie. that is by far your best work. it looks incredible! are you considering a longitudinal V8? doubtfull i know, but i thought ide ask, since it has been done, and for you would be little challenge im sure. With that nice body kit and a longitudinal engine, you would have imho the best Fiero replica on the road!

------------------
Monkey
"No matter where I go...There's my car"

*Just arrived...84 Indy 4-spd
87 T-Top GT 2.8/5-spd
87 Hardtop GT 2.8/5-spd
97 Trans-AM WS6 6-spd
91 V8 Monster Miata 5spd
69 Mustang Coupe 302 4spd

Added 2 short movies
http://members.cox.net/lothe/monstermovies.html

fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post
Right arm going up straight up , pulling down in a fist , YES !

Galen Smith
Red 85 Sport Coupe
Founder Of Suncoast Fiero Club
Florida Fiero Council

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
Do you need anyone to drive around in it and test other peoples reactions? I'll help!
-Ryan

------------------

Red 88 Formula

AOL - i am RATDOG

http://members.cox.net/rynelson85/

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
I like... I like!!

Start's the chant::::
"Build up thread..... Build up thread....."

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com
Have you RATED me today??

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:...it looks incredible! are you considering a longitudinal V8?

And will it be a Ford V8?

J/K! J/K! J/K! Had to say it.

Looking good, Archie! Please keep us posted.

------------------
Raydar

First rule of hot rodding:
If "more" is enough, then "too much" is just right.

PFF
System Bot
wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post
looks good!
lol@ Holy Testicle Tuesday!
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Bitchin.....

------------------

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
More Pix plz!
TBK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBKClick Here to visit TBK's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBKDirect Link to This Post
been there....owned that.

Looks like it should be a bit better of a replica than I had though....congrats to whomever gets it. btw--mine was the exact same right-height as the original....i had to lay down in it to drive it. :-\

------------------
'Course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
-TBK (The Black Knight)
'87 GT

White88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Guys but this kit just screams Opel GT!! If you don't know what it is go look it up on classic autotrader! And before you tell me i'm an idiot i know there are a few small differences like the front but it looks more like an Opel than a GT40...
Don't be mad just an opinion Looks good though!!
Thanks--Nathan

------------------

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
WOW! I can't wait to see it done.

------------------

With the accurate understanding of god and his law they went about the work of building a new nation....The Rainbow Children.

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
GREAT WORK!

Is there a completion date set yet?

have u picked a color for it?

Is it gonna be your own personal car, or is it for a customer?

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO
....trying to clean up my act...Im a nice guy!

Xantavar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XantavarSend a Private Message to XantavarDirect Link to This Post
"...Build-Up Thread...Build-Up Thread..."

VERY Nice, Archie! What will the final specs be on the engine and transmission? Ride highth?

Again...Congrats on another work of art!!!

Xan

------------------
Not a owner...yet...
'91 Olds Calais 2.5L
WTB: 84-88 Coupe 2dr. 2.5

Zoom88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

This is not the AASP GT40 kit. This body is a Mark I and it's ALL the correct dimensions.

The Fiero wheelbase and the Mark I wheelbase are almost identical, so this Fiero chassis has not been stretched. The roofline, doors rockers are identical to the real GT40 Mark I.

Don't worry about the exhaust, it will be in the right place when we are done & it'll have a V-8.

Take a look at the roof, the doors extend up into the roof and open just like the original GT40.

Archie

Very nice Archie...we need more people in the Fiero business with your vision and style. When is the projected completion date...its gonna be tough waiting to see it completed !!!

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Very Sweet !!!
I love those scoops!!!!!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by White88GT:

Sorry Guys but this kit just screams Opel GT!! ............. but it looks more like an Opel than a GT40...

Thanks--Nathan

I always loved the Opel GT. I had several of them back in the mid 70's, I even put a SBC into one of them. You can see what the Opel looks like on EBay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873861967

This isn't a Opel GT, to see what the GT40 should look like you can try a search on GT 40 Mark I. You'll see that this looks exactly like the Mark I.

I'm glad everybody likes what we have so far.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, it's a little confusing there Archie. Are you using the 64 GT or 65 GT40 MKI as your model? The hood cut-outs are from the GT, but the lights are from the MKI. Take a look:

1964 Ford GT

1965 Ford GT40 MKI

------------------
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2M4

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Now THAT is a re-body I like. Are you planning on reproducing it?

------------------
Roy :D
Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

gargoyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gargoyleSend a Private Message to gargoyleDirect Link to This Post
VERY SWEET
Here are some pics of an ERA GT40 MKI replica, this of course will set you back a few more paychecks.

[img]
gargoyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gargoyleSend a Private Message to gargoyleDirect Link to This Post

gargoyle

664 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Here is the build sheet for the above ERA GT40, check out that bottom line..COST
Build Sheet
Odometer Reading - 330 miles
ERA GT40 KIT S/N 2046
January 14, 2002
Description
ERA Price
Basic GT40 Kit $49,900
-Air conditioning / heater defrost unit @),Ooo
-Custom ERA bellhousing 650
-Car cover 140
-Spax adjustable shocks with springs 1,200
-Door locks 150
-Door helmet blister (not installed) 50
-4 point racing harnesses 250
-Aluminum cooling system header tank 350
-Cibie headlights 800
-Rear body heat shield 800
-HPC coated suspension 1,200
-Leather seats / door panels 1,500
-Motor mounts, custom ERA part 140
-Powder coated chassis (ERA only offers Urethane
so this is a better, more durable paint job) 800
-Modified steering rack 400
-Radiator stone guard 100
-Rust proof inside of chassis and undercoating 500
-Adjustable seat tracks 160
-Custom speedometer cable with adapter 275
-Sway bars, front and rear 700
-Throw out bearing kit 50
-Aluminum water pipes - radiator to.chassis pipes 250
-Brand new ZF transaxle 5,500
-Transaxle work (required for kit) 600
-Half shafts 800
-Ford motorsports SVO 351W engine (alum heads) 4,100
-Aviad oil pan 500
-Pin drive wheels & hubs (I 7" diameter) 6,500
-Tires 1,200
-Brakes (Caliper kit and E brake kit) 1,400
-Headers (HPG coated) & mufflers 2,100
-Paint work 5,200
-Windshield wiper motor assy & arm 350
-Heavy duty cooling fans 150
-Smith gauges 1,200
-Twin oil coolers - remote filter - s/s lines 550
-Assembly labor 7,000
- 1 5 " wheels & tires 2,000
-Brass polished knock offs 600
-Carpet 500
-Alignment / Dyno time 1,500

-Build Cost $105,115

It is a pro built car that is left hand drive. It has a 351 Winsor with 400+ HP a ZF transaxel and A/C. This car was built in 1996 and has 350 miles. It is white with a single blue racing stripe and has a black leather interior. Its ser.# 2046 one of 65 cars in existence world wide. I am asking $95,000 US
For further information :-

87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting Archie.

Hey did you get my e-mails? One was the one i sent you with the list of questions? just wondering if you started them yet.

Also there was another e-mail concerning the WOW show for 2003.

LEt me know
Thanks,
Mike

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Wow. That is a NICE car, Archie. It will look very sweet parked next to the Stinger!

We'll all have fun watching ya build it...(I wouldn't mind having a job where I worked on Fieros all day...(and the virtual ones in Fiero5000 don't count!)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock