Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Need the photoshop guys to make a pic for me! (headlights!) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Need the photoshop guys to make a pic for me! (headlights!) by Fastback 86
Started on: 11-03-2003 09:57 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: fierov8 on 11-10-2003 01:45 PM
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I like em Woody! What does everyone else think?
IP: Logged
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I think you've never bothered to take a ruler out to your car, measure some stuff, then measure the style of lights you want. You'll find there are *very* few lights that will fit in a flushmount configuration in the stock location.

The angle of the Fiero hood is very low, which means the VERTICAL distance between the front edge and the rear edge of the headlight opening is not very large. The only flushmount lights out there are those that use the very low profile round and rectangular lights.

I also think that you must not have used the search engine much yet.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030204-1-021325.html //www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030204-1-021837.html //www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020825-1-014924.html

Bryce
88 GT

2Fast_Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-09-2003 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
You know what headlights I wanna make...I can't seem to find them any more, but they were done on a Ferrari Kit Car. They were flush mounts, but they looked like the stock headlights. Meaning the stock headlights would still have thier cover, but instead of poping up, the lid will tilt down from the rear and will reveal the lights. Then when you turn them off, the lid will rise and go back to its flush position. Thats what I'm going to make with this 87.

------------------

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:

I think you've never bothered to take a ruler out to your car, measure some stuff, then measure the style of lights you want. You'll find there are *very* few lights that will fit in a flushmount configuration in the stock location.

The angle of the Fiero hood is very low, which means the VERTICAL distance between the front edge and the rear edge of the headlight opening is not very large. The only flushmount lights out there are those that use the very low profile round and rectangular lights.

I also think that you must not have used the search engine much yet.

Bryce
88 GT

I will readily admit that I did not go to the search engine, because I have never heard of anyone doing something like this before. Even Ferrari Fans are not exactly what I had in mind. Oh well, bad assumption on my part.

I have, however, measured the car and know what the restrictions are, as well as am aware of the very shallow hood angle.

Thanks for posting the links though, it was helpful to learn that Ferrari Fan used 4" lights. I'm almost certain I can find usable ones, most likely from Hella. If Lamboroghini, Honda, Subaru, and others can get away with tiny round lights, I think I can too.

Finally, my actual question was supposed to be: what do you guys think of how they look on the car? Sorry for the lack of clarity. Again, my fault. Thanks for caring enough to reply, though!

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fastback 86:
Finally, my actual question was supposed to be: what do you guys think of how they look on the car? [QUOTE]

Who cares what other people think about the looks of your car? It's your car, do what you like the most! Half the time other people like what you like, the other half of the time they don't. Would you rather make your car look like what other people think looks good, but you don't like it, or make it exactly how you want it and have other people dislike it? Seems obvious that since you're the one having to pay for, clean, and drive it...do what you think looks best!

Bryce
88 GT

fierov8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post
Fastback86--

I was out working on my car last night. Headlights are one of the last things to do, and I'm at a bit of a crossroads. If Songman/Fiero Performance ever makes the pop-ups available with the 90mm Hellas, I'll use something like that. Otherwise, a fixed headlight system using these would look good. As others have pointed out, getting a light to fit in the opening and remain flush will be a challenge.

My problem is that I want a true headlight up there and not a driving light. This requirement limits what you can put up there. If you want something that will be flush, there are few options (I think only the style of light used on the Geo Storm, 4th Gen Camaro, and early 90's Grand Prix will work and still allow a flush configuration). Still, these are a wee bit too wide to fit properly in the opening left behind when the doors, lights, motors, etc are removed.

Anyways, back to the Hellas......

I think that a twin set up with the 90 mm Hellas would look great!!! But -- they will not fit flush in the opening. What might look decent is if they sat as low as possible but did "bump" above the line of the hood a bit. A clear vacuum formed cover could then be made that covered the lights and was painted black on the inside rear portion to hide the ugliness of the backside of the lights.

If you are talking with Norm @ NormsFiberglass -- can they do vacuum forming on clear plastic? From the looks of their one piece front end, it looks like they can.......

Keep in mind that the lights are ~$225 or so, and the fiberglass buckets and vac formed covers probably won't be free, so this should be a $500 or more (probably more) upgrade. For reference, similar upgrades for the Vette or late model Firebird are ~$1,000.

There are those of us that would pay quality dollars for a quality product. Doesn't make it any easier for someone to step up and say that they'll start making something like this.......

-jeff d
Fort Worth, TX
198? Fiero GT/V8
1973 TVR 2500M

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave