Custom side scoops/Side Skirts by KRMFiero
Started on: 07-10-2003 08:41 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: GTDude on 09-05-2003 09:34 PM
KRMFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
Just looking to see what you guys have for custom scoops/ground FX... I am going to get my formula painted (maroon) soon but I plan to use GT bumpers but I want to do customs scoops and possibly side skirts - been looking at Aus Stage 2's but they will take to long to come in... any ideas? also where did you purchess them and how was the fitment?

Kyle

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
Got mine from "outlaw performance" as smoooooth puts it. Some guy from ebay in florida...Fit wasn't to bad, specially for them being made from some guy, and not a company. The fiberglass was a little thin for my preferance, but seem to be holding up fine. Paid 250 for them, which seems like a really good deal to me, because why pay 500 for irm scoops/rockers where the fit is probably just the same.

-Coop

------------------

" -Hey mom, can i get some ice cream?
-No Dice
-This aint Ova"

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
I went the slightly cusotm route...
But, I also WANTED to keep the original bodyline's...

SmoothGT!!

PS... If I had to do over again... and next time I do a project I will likely do the IRM/orARCHIE sidescoops....
My door's themselves were a TOTAL PAIN IN THE A$$... The sidescoop's were rather basic other then me making them 'flow' into the 'Modified' GT gdfx...
THE HARDEST PART IS GET BOTH DOOR'S AND SCOOP'S EXACTLY THE SAME!! Istress this as important(atleast to me)!!

------------------
Said Hulki, "You had to look at the Fiero not as
a car, but as a process."

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 07-10-2003).]

RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
hey this is what i got.

------------------

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
I love your grfx Russ!!
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Coop9200:

Got mine from "outlaw performance" as smoooooth puts it. Some guy from ebay in florida...Fit wasn't to bad, specially for them being made from some guy, and not a company. The fiberglass was a little thin for my preferance, but seem to be holding up fine.

I have a pair of these for sale now, I picked up a 87 2m4 with scoops I will be putting on Project PoSE so I no longer need them.
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose/pics/sidescoops.jpg

For more info look in the mall tomorrow

------------------
87 2M4 5 spd Daily Driver with working A/C!
86 "PoSE" Needs every thing but 4 NEW Tires!!!
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
steve, I will remember to check the doors
Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RadRuss:

hey this is what i got.

Well Russ i know those are from a late 80s or early 90s cavalier z24, but my question is how hard were they to mod to fit your fiero?

email me the details please please please
thanks
-Phil

dasher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dasherSend a Private Message to dasherDirect Link to This Post
mine are off a neon. cut and reshaped to fit the scoops do work.

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil86SE:

Well Russ i know those are from a late 80s or early 90s cavalier z24...

Close... but no cigar they're originally made for Hondas!

Russ - good to see you around again... you don't post much anymore

I very much liked what Russ did... and I guess I can share too since it's not like it's my original idea or anything
(Thanks Russ for responding to my questions via email)

this was just an early test fit... hopefully they'll be on the car for the 20th next week

I am using the same "donor" stuff as Russ did ('92 Civic 4-Door M3 Style skirts) - I ordered mine through a shop in Canada, but they were actually made & shipped from http://www.extremedimensions.com/ in California. They arrive approximately 10 inches too long (although I didn't actually measure the lengh of the piece I removed).

I am installing mine slightly differently than Russ did (mostly because I'm using GT rockers instead of coupe rockers to attach time). I'll do a build-up thread once they're actually done/ready.

In the mean time, here's RadRuss's buildup on the parts: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020825-1-016970.html

And more finished pics of his car: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030204-1-021100.html

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 07-11-2003).]

newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
Hey mint, got any more pics of that, I'd like to see the full side profile with the gfx. I think Russ's are awesome but I think they'll look even better on a GT fastback!
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
newfie - I don't have any more pics of my car with the side skirts yet. The pic above was just pushed in place and held on by some tape while I shot the photo... you can also see that there is no front "cap" on yet where it was shortened.

BUT- this pic is in RadRuss's thread above (photoshopped by ITALGT) and is a pretty good representation - I also had Reality include these in the illustration used in my signature

Just for reference... these are the markings I used when I shortened the original part:

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
a perfect complement to stage II scoops *DROOL*
fierogt88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt88Send a Private Message to fierogt88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

I think the butt end looks too "fat" like that.
I like them better with the long slope to the front, like this...

David Bartlett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David BartlettSend a Private Message to David BartlettDirect Link to This Post
Rob - Do you have the link for the Candian site you ordered from? How do they look with the door open?

Thanks CUZ. lol

[This message has been edited by David Bartlett (edited 07-12-2003).]

the need for speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the need for speedSend a Private Message to the need for speedDirect Link to This Post
why did u guys go with the four door and not the two door civic??
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Kamei side skirts
KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by the need for speed:

why did u guys go with the four door and not the two door civic??

Yea I just messured my 2dr Integra's side skirts and they are 72", I would assume that the 2 door civic has the same if not a little smaller side skirt that would probley be closer to the 63" fiero.. less trimming. This has me thinking I really like the M3 style skirts but Im gonna go messure out some of my friends cars and see if I can find something with a 63" side skirt. would be nice if all we had to do would be to make brackets

Kyle

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Kamei side skirts

Anymore picture's of these.. Like from the side...???

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Where is the air intake on that Red GT?

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Maroon/Silver

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Here are some side views for ya smoooth:

Steve & Jordan

PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Here are some side views for ya smoooth:

Steve & Jordan

Thanks Steve... Tell Jordan I said "Hello.. From the SmoothGuy!!" Ask him if he want's to race one day...???

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Smoooooth GT

8823 posts
Member since Jun 2001
nevermind... found the answer...lol

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 07-14-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
To answer a few questions

...why the 4 door and not the 2 door?
I actually ordered the 2-door version after discussing the dimensions with the supplier - but they sent me the 4 door anyway (not sure why). I figured I was going to shorten them anyway and it wouldn't be worth my hassle sending 'em back. So go ahead and look for the 2 door version... should work just as well if not better.

...direction switch?
Either way really would look OK. The side skirt is based on a BMW M3 design... which has the longer length to the back - but I have seen them installed both ways on imports. It's really up to you (and based on the work involved... it wouldn't make much of a difference. If you're willing to put the time in on the parts... then you're welcome to with it what you like!

how's it look with the door open?
That's exactly what I asked Russ too -his are apparantly attached over his original rockers (he mentioned that they don't look too spectacular with the door open). I am actually bonding mine on to the upper portion of an old (previously damaged) GT rocker panel... and will eventually blend the parts together hoping to remove any odd seams. I worked on some of the major gluing this weekend, but didnt' have my camera with me. I'll get some more pics soon (and I'm hoping to get them installed on the car tonight so I'll have them for the 20th).

Canadian distributor...?
For those in Canada interested (David you've got a PM too) - check out http://www.importadrenelin.com/

where's the air intake on the red GT?
It was photoshopped out by ITALGT - remember, don't believe everything you see

...more info to come in the near future

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 07-14-2003).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt88:

I think the butt end looks too "fat" like that.
I like them better with the long slope to the front, like this...

I would have to agree - looks like it has a more agressive stance when reversed

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2003 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
wrong post

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd
0-60 in 6.8 seconds!
If you found my advice helpful, please take the time to give me a positive rating. Thanks

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock