Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lambo style door hinges are now available (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lambo style door hinges are now available by Chief
Started on: 12-04-2002 08:54 PM
Replies: 87
Last post by: rogergarrison on 09-24-2003 05:27 PM
Chief

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefDirect Link to This Post
Well street dreams has just come out with some lambo style door hinges for the Fiero and I am thinking of buying a pair. For those of you that are interested: Check them out. Just scroll down to the middle of the page at this link:
http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/hinges.html

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 12-04-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Oh geez that would be sweet. How much are they? I gotta get those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
(15.57 @ 87mph)
1988 Formula 5 spd: 3.4L
(15.56 @ 84mph)
My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
$649

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs

Drive it like you stole it...nice and slow so you dont get your @$$ caught by the cops

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Drooooooool.

------------------

The Fiero Shop International

87FieroGTx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
hmm.. in the video it doesn't look like it fits too well while closed, or maybe they started the video after the guy had already began to open it?

either way, there are no pics of the fiero with the doors closed.. I'd like to see some of those

------------------
steve@digitalfusion.on.ca

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
I would also like to see that.

Looks like the door was already open and they just lifted them open.

Looks quality.

Jaei Sun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post
If the fit is good when the door is closed... I'm buying them! Probably in the summer... totally cool

------------------

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Heck with gas struts... I'd want them motorized!

With struts, how difficult would it be to close the door after you get in?

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Me Want.... Me Want!!!!

I think that would top off "Smooth"...

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com
Have you RATED me today??

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 12-04-2002).]

Bosuch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BosuchClick Here to visit Bosuch's HomePageSend a Private Message to BosuchDirect Link to This Post
Any chance of getting a photo directly to the side?

Bill

PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
THAT IS THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!! If I forget going to California in the spring, I could have those installed by the 20th in Pontiac!!! SWEET!

------------------

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with them for about 45 mins on doing these doors about 2-3 weeks ago. When I purchased my new car I figured I HAD to have these. They make a 4strut kit (basic only comes with 2) but then your up to $700. It comes with rails that you have to weld on, with 6 different positions that you can set the strut. There is much welding, cutting, fabricating to get these to work perfect, but once you do its the WOW, factor. I decided not to go with them only because I don't think I'll have the extra cash around after everything else is done (over $700 with shipping the the cost of fabrication to work). For those that do, however, please go for it!!! I would love to see them.

They say the major issue is that there is a slight 'buldge' outward on the fiero lower a-arm area that you have to work around and the fact of getting the door to line up properly with the window fully up. (remember no frame so if its not right, you can break the glass). You can however add the option of using a motorized strut type thing so the door would actually be able to open itself at the push of a button. Perhaps you could even rig in a switch so that when you press it, it opens the window about 2" or so, then pops the door out and up, just to give you the security of that window being out of the way.

Good luck with whoever does this, I can't wait to see it!!!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2002 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Is it just me or does it look like the door doesn't open enough to even get in and out of the car? A direct side view would answer that question.
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Do they come with the supplied wood blocks like in that top pic?...

Pretty neat though!

------------------

1988GT T-Tops, 5spd, Loaded

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
That looks so cool! But it also looks like people would have a hard time getting in and out of the car.

------------------

With the accurate understanding of god and his law they went about the work of building a new nation....The Rainbow Children.

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it looks like there might be to much door in the way to get in easily like tabs said. Haha, just watched the mpg they have, and I could just picture the guy opening the door and once its fully "up" it just kind breaks off the car. Sorry.. just me thinking again.
Matt

------------------
Red 86 SE 2.8

Rate me if I've helped or just if you liked my responce.

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
I agree, how can someone get in there?
almost 3/4 of the opening is covered by the door still
I looks cool, but unless there is something we are missing by those pics, not practical.
87gt guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87gt guySend a Private Message to 87gt guyDirect Link to This Post
<sing with the two front teeth song> ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS THAT COOL DOOR HINGE, THAT COOL DOOR HINGE. Man! That is NICE, maybe if I dont get anyone presents this year I could get one. Or, I might have to go to the mall and ask Santa for one.
FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
Sorry! Looks pretty lame to me. But then again I like to get in and drive, not just sit with the door open and have people say 'look at that'.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

Me Want.... Me Want!!!!

I think that would top off "Smooth"...

Hell I have a hard enough time getting out of the car now!!!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Hell I have a hard enough time getting out of the car now!!!

Have you thought about doing some sort of diet??? Have you Pushed your 3800SC around the garage lately?? hahaha

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
That's SOOOO COOOOL!

------------------
Roy :D
Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

87gt guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87gt guySend a Private Message to 87gt guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

That's SOOOO COOOOL!

87gt guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87gt guySend a Private Message to 87gt guyDirect Link to This Post

87gt guy

111 posts
Member since Nov 2001

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

That's SOOOO COOOOL!

Hey man, do you have any pics of your interior? if you do could you please post them or e-mail me at stpstp1@aol.com Make sure you make the subject big with fiero in it so I wont delete it. If you e-mail me. thanks.

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
yes its cool, but i agree, it doesn't look like it opens far enough to get in w/o squeezing past the door
Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTDirect Link to This Post
its a pretty neat mod, but for the time/money/effort i could find SO much better to do. fierobuzz is right, i'd rather be driving than having people gawk at it. seems like it would cost near 1000 when its all said and done, and would probably take a LONG time to make perfect. for that time/money, can you say cadero?

------------------

lou

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louDirect Link to This Post
They said it could not be done, but street dreams did it. I spoke to them and they said the picture does not show the true size of the opening from that angle. They are going to post other pictures soon that show how much room there really is. The hinges dont just pivot they also push the door outward at an angle for better clearance. Nice set up, I wish I had them.
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
That is Shuckin Fweet!

Gotta find out more about the fit when closed, but whoever had the actuator idea with automatic window-lowering, you're right on man

Price is totally reasonable.

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

DJMic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJMicClick Here to visit DJMic's HomePageSend a Private Message to DJMicDirect Link to This Post
Check the video out but pause it and put the slider to the begining not sure if he had the door open partially but it sure has a large gap at the bottom. If I had a product like that I would sure have better illustration of it.
http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/gr_hinge/fiero_door_open_lg.mpg

Regards!
Lethbridge Fiero Club www.fireoclub.ca

BlkBird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlkBirdSend a Private Message to BlkBirdDirect Link to This Post
They could'nt have put those on a more lame looking Fiero could they?!

$650!! I'll pass.

------------------
'73 Pontiac Formula
Coolest body lines of
all time
'85 Fiero GT 2M6/Auto
Stock and boring for now
'92 Dakota Sport
425hp 360+NOS...just in case
'01 Durango R/T
Stock and determined
to keep it that way

PFF
System Bot
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
anyone want to split a set... i get the driver's side though!
OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post
I think the price is not too bad. It depends on how much fabrication work will be needed. The solenoid actuator idea is great, I wonder how much weight all of this would add?

------------------
Help, Someone has lit a Fiero in my a#@!

B_Jr21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for B_Jr21Send a Private Message to B_Jr21Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DJMic:

Check the video out but pause it and put the slider to the begining not sure if he had the door open partially but it sure has a large gap at the bottom. If I had a product like that I would sure have better illustration of it.
http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/gr_hinge/fiero_door_open_lg.mpg

Regards!
Lethbridge Fiero Club www.fireoclub.ca

I was just looking at this. I noticed when you pause the video at the start the window is also down a little bit. Just wanted to point that out.
still a neat idea...

------------------
86 Black GT auto
85 Black SE v6 (parts car)
oh, I drive one of them SUVs too :p

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone got a side-view picture OR a website that has a side-view of the Fiero application???
As mentioned above, it does look like it would be a head banger on the corner's of the door's... Thank God that mine are rounded on the bottom..

Smooth!!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
DAMN! They look SWEEET! I LOVE "Lambo-doors" (and "Gull-wing" doors too)

I saw the first pic, drooled all over the keyboard, and then read a lot of people saying it would be hard to get into the car...I thiught to myself "Nahhhh< can't be THAT hard..."

Till I watched the movie of it.

Damn, it looks like you have almost NO room to get in/out. I wish the made 'em open "up-and-outward"

I'm still interested, and I hope they realize just how much business they'd get if they make a viable "Fiero door kit". They have a generic kit, but if they made one for the Fiero that was cut properly, and operated so the door gives you enough room to enter and exit, I'm sure they'd have a lot of Fiero owners buying their stuff.

my 2cents...

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Look at real lambo doors. The front of the door is a foot in front of the dash, the fiero door is covering 2/3 of the door opening.

They look awsome on a kit car, but...
It's a great idea but it doesn't look proportional on a fiero in my opinion.

MOBILE

------------------
Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT. Self Installed SC3800/getrag almost everything performance wise is modified/upgraded, inside and out. Over 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance P.S. GOT 19"s??(all the way around)

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Can someone photoshop a side view of a fiero with the door at that angle? I have a hard time believing the opening is bigger than it appears in that first picture and video.
Xantavar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XantavarSend a Private Message to XantavarDirect Link to This Post
Not my cup of tea...i would rather be investing money into restoring a fiero than putting those door on it.

Xan

------------------
Not a owner...yet...
'91 Olds Calais 2.5L
WTB: 84-88 Coupe 2dr. 2.5

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
For a show car or a sunny day only car and you have an extra grand or more to blow on doors. I can see how they would be cool.

For a daily driver they would get old fast. At first they'd be awsome and one wouldnt mind getting in or out with problems but day after day you'd get use to to the doors, wouldnt be anything special anymore and they just start getting annoying. They arent very practicle

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs

Drive it like you stole it...nice and slow so you dont get your @$$ caught by the cops

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock