Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fieros at Carlisle pre-registration available (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fieros at Carlisle pre-registration available by Denny
Started on: 02-11-2003 07:39 AM
Replies: 89
Last post by: grgoyl86 on 04-23-2003 06:35 AM
Denny

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
The pre-registration deadline has been extended through Monday, April 21st!

Let's get pre-registered! Be eligible for the Kick Hill raffle! Get your pre-registration goodies! Help us beat the Saab crowd! Come heckle Archie!

www.fieropride.com/carlisle

Be there!

Are you ready to get signed up for Fieros At Carlisle 2003?

Go to www.fieropride.com/carlisle to register now, or for other information.

Online registration or a printable PDF form are available.

See you there!

------------------
Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association
New England Fiero Association
Keystone State Chapter, P.O.C.I.
P.O.C.I.

[This message has been edited by Denny (edited 04-23-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
grgoyl86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grgoyl86Send a Private Message to grgoyl86Direct Link to This Post
This is shaping up to be another GREAT show! This is one you WON'T want to miss!
kslish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post
Okay...maybe I've missed something but as a newbie MAFOA member I'm confused.

(I'm also asking this because some Western PA'ers are probably going to hit me with this exact same question)

Exactly how much does a MAFOA (and NEFA) member pay and how much does a non-member pay for pre-registration?

On the webpage I see:

Only $21 (if paying with PayPal), including gate fee!
*MAFOA and NEFA members save $5!!!!

So is the $21 the non-member price? and $16 would be a MAFOA (or NEFA) members online price?

Also the mail in form doesn't mention the $5 discount for MAFOA and NEFA members, just "send a check for $20, payable to MAFOA." So would a MAFOA member just send in a check for $15 for pre-registration?

Just trying to make sure I have everything straight before I go and tell people incorrect things.

Thanks,
Ken S.

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
Bump
grgoyl86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grgoyl86Send a Private Message to grgoyl86Direct Link to This Post
Yes, you are correct. I re-worded it slightly. I will also add a clearer description of fees in the next few days.

Thanks for asking!

Bob

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Starting to look like i will be back again

------------------

White 86 GT 4 Speed Manual - Black 86 GT Auto
The Fiero Shop International - Jade Web Design
If you appreciate my contribution please give me a rating

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Hey how about posting pics from past Carlise shows to let everyone see what the show is like. It will also keep this thread bumping up.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
This is a nice show to attend!

------------------
Frank

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council

Click here to go to the Daytona 2003 show site http://FloridaFieros.org/daytona2003

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 02-11-2003).]

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Good idea Ski.

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
well I believe AC SR is defently planning on going as of now that i know of unfortunetly I lied to you denny i won't be able to come due to my friend is getting married that same date and I'm the best man so I have to be all proper and miss a car show dang it. but i hope you get your trophy back for most cars particpating good luck. see you all soon
ac II
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
I may plan to attend. Need to make sure I can get the time off work.

PFF
System Bot
kslish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Hey how about posting pics from past Carlisle shows to let everyone see what the show is like. It will also keep this thread bumping up.

Anyone got any pictures from the times it was actually SUNNY all day??? I'm praying to the rain gods already telling them to keep that weekend clear.

I remember one day (a long long time ago in Carlisle past) that I actually got sunburnt at the show. (I think that was about 4 years ago).

Ken S.

[This message has been edited by kslish (edited 02-12-2003).]

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
OK, here are some sunny pics from 1999:

[This message has been edited by Denny (edited 02-12-2003).]

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

Denny

1410 posts
Member since Apr 2001
And here are some from 2001 (sunny again!):

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Fieros at Carlisle is one of the premier Fiero events in the U.S.A. Each year the show draws well in excess of 100 Fieros of all types. The Fiero show shares the huge Carlisle PA. fairgrounds with a kit car show, and a European Car show that are all going on at the same time. If you are looking for parts, books, tools or accessories, and wish to see all of the popular engine swaps, they will be at Carlisle. Throw in a whole bunch of great Fiero folks from all over and the day is really lot's of fun.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo Best 0-60 5.2 seconds
http://turbofiero.fierojoe.com/turbo.htm

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Im going most deffinatly. And Ill have my white 88 Formula

------------------
Fierokid's baby:
R.I.P.V-6 Swap 1987 Blue Fiero
sport coupe

White 1988 Fiero Formula
AIM: Fierokid87
Rate Me Please

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
cool, looks as though we will be attending again this year, Just printed my registration form off and will be sending it soon. Can't wait to see evryone we met last year!Here is one of the HMN

and one of 6 of the 10 winner's from 2002.

------------------

grgoyl86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grgoyl86Send a Private Message to grgoyl86Direct Link to This Post
Hey! I like this one!

And this one!

Originally posted by Denny:

[This message has been edited by grgoyl86 (edited 02-12-2003).]

foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroDirect Link to This Post
Just did mine with PAY-PAL. Simple and easy. I've got 2 cars coming this year. Aus you got to come back this year and see your work on Karen's GT.

------------------
Mark Hoagland
861/2GT 3.4 5-speed
88GT T-Top yellow
86SE 2M6 auto

jdeday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2003 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdedaySend a Private Message to jdedayDirect Link to This Post
I just tried to register, but the PayPal site is down. I'll try again later............

jdeday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2003 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdedaySend a Private Message to jdedayDirect Link to This Post

jdeday

119 posts
Member since Dec 2001
This is me polishing at the 2001 event.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

PFF
System Bot
Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2003 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
If you checked the www.fieropride.com/carlisle site early on, please check again, since we've added new info, and an updated registration fee stucture.
andrewplen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2003 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewplenSend a Private Message to andrewplenDirect Link to This Post
I was at a SAAB event in mass a few months back, one of their guys was boasting how the SAABers took the participation crown away from the Fiero guys after something like 7-8 years! let's get it back!
coinball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coinballSend a Private Message to coinballDirect Link to This Post
just signed up for carlisle see u all there! the TDC might even be in by then....

------------------
Eric
'87 GT 5-speed Gold/Tan NOW with a 4.10 4-speed
3.1 TDC + other goodies coming summer of '03
-2.8 aluminum head crank, 6" SBC rods, 3.4 pushrod pistons (8.8:1), T3/T4, custom built headers and Y-pipe, 36#/hr injectors
OR
-2.8 aluminum head crank, 6" SBC rods, N* pistons (11.5:1), 96+ heads, home built equal lenth headers, custom tunnel ram intake manifold, 24 #/hr injectors, and a 100 shot of N20 :)

choices....

coinball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coinballSend a Private Message to coinballDirect Link to This Post

coinball

1526 posts
Member since Apr 2002
oops...

[This message has been edited by coinball (edited 03-03-2003).]

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2003 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
In case you haven't noticed, or haven't looked lately, the list of sponsors at www.fieropride.com/carlisle/ (click the "Sponsors" button) is growing!

Each of these sponsors is providing either trophy class sponsorship or raffle prizes, or both in some cases!

We couldn't provide such a great show without their participation, or yours!

So, please join us and help support this growing event. And win some neat stuff!

Oh yeah, new for this year is a special raffle drawing for all those who pre-register. Pre-registration helps us plan better to make your day less hectic and more enjoyable, so do it while you're visiting the site!

See you there!

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Just for the record, I retain my title as being the first one to the Carlisle Fairgrounds in 2003 (even though I have not pre-registered yet).

How many people have gotten sick from eating at the Longhorn Steak House across from the Carlisle Fairgrounds??? Well, it is no longer there... They have been closed for about 9 months, and reopened last Friday as a 'Duckpin' bowling alley / gameroom. They have a grill for burgers and such (cheaper than the fairground vendors), but that should be the end of that problem... BTW: Hooters is open on Rte 11 toward Harrisburg (across the street from Circuit City).

What are you waiting for? If you are planning to attend, preregistering will save you money (regular admission plus parking is more expensive for only one day than pre-registering for the entire weekend - and you get to park within 100 meters of the grandstand instead of somewhere in central europe). See many of the Fieros that you read about here on the Forum. Meet and talk with the owners. Take a chance at winning some valuable prizes (AKA - have ??? twist your arm to buy raffle tickets, then ??? twist your arm to buy more raffle tickets, then.... ).

If history holds true, a rain parka and jacket might be worth packing If you have any problems / questions either before, during or after the show, just ask.

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 03-06-2003).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Hooters Saturday night, right Rog?

Don - any chance we can get reservations there?

Also, party at the Gilbert's on Sunday!
More info to follow.

Jennifer

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:
More info to follow.

Jennifer

Does this mean you won't be at Carlisle on Sunday to receive the Club Participation Trophy?

------------------
Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association
New England Fiero Association
Keystone State Chapter, P.O.C.I.
P.O.C.I.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
I might slip away to recieve the trophy. I'm not sure yet if I will be up ot making the drive back down at this point as I will be up for about 48 hours on Saturday (Friday night I have to chaperone and all night school event) so it is all contingent on how I'm feeling.

Jen

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

I already talked to the Asst. Manager about getting a reservation. Because the restaurant has just opened, there is still a 'novelty' to it that makes it impossible to get in on a Saturday night without enduring a 2 hour wait at the door. From my conversation, though, we agreed to wait til mid April to see if the novelty wears off by then. If business slows down a little, a group on Saturday evening shouldn't be a problem (the place is pretty big). Besides, their wings are great...

Manager: Kevin Hunsberger

6035 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA
717 791 WING

PFF
System Bot
grgoyl86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grgoyl86Send a Private Message to grgoyl86Direct Link to This Post
Now there is another reason to pre-register via the Fieros At Carlisle website.
There will be a special raffle held for those who are pre-registered. The drawing will award a $50 certificate to Kick Hill Farm ( www.kickhill.com ) to each of TWO lucky winners. And, this raffle is free.
Get signed up now using PayPal at www.fieropride.com/carlisle, or download the flyer ( www.fieropride.com/carlisle/forms/Carlisle_Flyer.pdf ), and mail it in with a check.

See ya there!!!

[This message has been edited by grgoyl86 (edited 03-06-2003).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

More info to follow.

Jennifer

hows about friday nite instead. better for me, I sorta planned on leaving sat nite to come home. It not however engraved in stone. We dont have to go in, just sign up for big table and hang outside

------------------

http://groups.msn.com/RogersCarPhotos/HooterGirls.msnw

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2003 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison: We dont have to go in, just sign up for big table and hang outside

I think they would frown on face prints on the windows

coinball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2003 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coinballSend a Private Message to coinballDirect Link to This Post
this might sound dumb, but i've never gone to the carlisle show before (or to the fairgrounds for that matter), how exactly do i go in? is there like a show u'r car entrance? i already preregistered at fieropride.com so i'm assuming i can just drive in once i get there?
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2003 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coinball:
this might sound dumb, but i've never gone to the carlisle show before (or to the fairgrounds for that matter), how exactly do i go in? is there like a show u'r car entrance? i already preregistered at fieropride.com so i'm assuming i can just drive in once i get there?

Here is a link to a couple back roads to the fairgrounds:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020825-1-016709.html

If you are preregistered, drive in thru Gate 3 (on Spring Road) - follow the signs. If you are not (and want to register), you still use Gate 3, but have to stop at the entrance and register/pay. Normally, if you are just parking (general admission), you have to park away from the fairgrounds (only show vehicles permitted - (?) depending upon the show/crowd). Parking outside the fairgrounds will cost anywhere from $5-$15 depending upon the time and distance to a gate. Then you pay again at the gate (which is why it is worth pre-registering at http://www.fieropride.com/carlisle (all weekend -Friday thru Sunday - for less than it would cost for a single day...) So long as you have the window sticker on your car, you can come and go as you please (make sure to get a handstamp if you are walking)

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2003 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coinball:

Check the Carlisle page again at http://fieropride.com/carlisle/directions.htm . There's a map and directions posted there. You must stop at the registration area at Gate 3 to complete registration, so they know you're there, and to get your Carlisle goody bag. And the dash placard you receive will get you pointed to the correct show field. Get in the right-hand lane to go through the gate, then turn right as soon as you go through the gate. Follow that road to our show field.

coinball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2003 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coinballSend a Private Message to coinballDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info fellas!
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2003 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierojunky:

I did a search and saw that you camped at Carlisle for the show. Can you provide me any information about it? Rates, facilities, who’s camping this year, ect. This will be my first year at the Carlisle show. I will need a place to stay Friday the 16th and the 17th. I will be in Harrisburg for the Fire EMS expo. Is the camping for Saturday night only? Help please. Thank you.

Hey no better way to experience the whole “Import Kit/Replica Car Show". We camp there every year. The best part it only costs $20 but you must be registered for the show field. It is hard to beat lodging at $20 for the ENTIRE weekend. You can camp Friday and Saturday night for the one fee. Hotels will cost you big $$$ if you can find a room and you would still be stuck in long lines of cars coming and going. There is so much going on besides the Fiero show so camping gives you time to look at the 100s of vendors and the swap meet. You are only a leisurely stroll to anywhere inside the grounds. Day or night. They have free facilites to wash cars and a bathhouse with showers. You can eat at the venders so you don't even need to bring food. So more the merrier. Hope to see you there.

So far those that are planning to be camping.

AusFiero
Skitime
VeronicaV6GT
Rogergarrison
foxgapfiero

Here is a link the Carlisle Fairgrounds
http://www.ifounditatcarlisle.com/Import/import.htm

Here is a link to the online pre-registration & camping
http://www.ifounditatcarlisle.com/onlinereg/events.asp?eventid=8

(If you pre-register for show through the above websites please let the MAFOA know so they can plan the size of the show fields for each class.) Send them an email at this email address telling them you registered through the Carlisle site for the Fiero Show. carlisle@fieropride.com.

Here is the MAFOA website for show and class information.
http://www.fieropride.com/carlisle

MAFOA now has a "Visitor Area" classification for the "Fieros at Carlisle" show. This is for those that don’t want to enter their car in the competition. You can join the fun and park your car in the “Display-only” area. This allows you to attend the show and drive your car right into the Fiero show field area. This sure beats paying $10 to park far away then hike to the show area and pay $6 or more per person to get in and have to hike a long way to get back to your car. The "Visitor Area" only costs $15 and is good for two people to enter. Quiet a bargain and convenience for those that just want to come and see the Fieros without showing. And you even will receive the MAFOA dash plaque for the show.

Please anyone bringing their Fiero into the show grounds register that you are part of the MAFOA so we can regain the Participation Award that we lost to the Saab guys last year.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 03-11-2003).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2003 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Please anyone bringing their Fiero into the show grounds register that you are part of the MAFOA so we can regain the Participation Award that we lost to the Saab guys last year.

Did we only miss that by one or two cars last year? Everyone counts!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock