S2000 seats in a Fiero? by WinterFreshness
Started on: 03-25-2012 08:10 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: skuzzbomer on 03-26-2012 11:30 PM
WinterFreshness

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinterFreshnessSend a Private Message to WinterFreshnessDirect Link to This Post
Now I'm sure seat swapping is a common thing in Fieros due to the huge kit-car market but has anyone ever tried s2k seats before? I've got a pair just collecting dust at my place, haven't been able to sell em so why not put em in a Fiero. I've found posts where people put them in Corvettes and Fiero seats fit in Corvettes so my assumption is that is goes the other way too. But I thought I'd ask anyways. And yes I know the best way to find out is to put them in the car, but somebody in the future might wanna know and not have them physically available to do that so this thread might help em out a bit(and me).

My s2000 seats

Measurements are as follows:
Bottom front from rail to rail: 17.5
Bottom rear from rail to rail: 17
Bottom inside rail: 16.5
Bottom outside rail: 18.5

Measurements I found
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Jealous! I've been wanting these for some time. I had a pair of RSX type-s seats but they ended up being too big so I re-sold them.

They should fit dimensionally if I recall the measurements I took for the rsx seats, but obviously you'll need some custom bracketry. The biggest problem I found was getting the seat to sit low enough. It's hard to tell from the pic how low the rails are on the s2k seats, but to me, anything that sits higher (like from a sedan) just doesn't feel right in the Fiero.

Keep us updated if you do this! I really like the idea of nice, modern OEM sport seats rather than cheesy racing seats or recovering the Fiero seats (no offense to Mr. Mikes, beautiful product - I just feel like the Fiero seat design is so outdated looking)
RacerX11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacerX11Send a Private Message to RacerX11Direct Link to This Post
I have a set of S2000 seats I am slowly working to install in my Formula. One issue is the seat belt routing brackets on the shoulder of the seats interfere with the B-pillar. This is fairly easy to remove. The biggest issue is the seat rails. The S2000 seat rails are an integral part of the seat pivot and belt mount, and sit on the outer portions of the seat. The stock Fiero seat has the rails mounted more inboard, to the bottom of the seats. With the curvature of the floorpan, the S2000 seats sit up pretty high due to where the rails hit the floor. Custom rails and brackets would be needed to allow them to mount on the stock Fiero floor mounting points. Since the rails are part of the seat pivot, this fabrication will be a little more involved than most normal seats. Just placing the seats in the car, they sit several inches higher than the stock Fiero seats. I am hoping with custom rails and brackets they can be dropped down to stock or lower height.

WinterFreshness

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinterFreshnessSend a Private Message to WinterFreshnessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RacerX11:

I have a set of S2000 seats I am slowly working to install in my Formula. One issue is the seat belt routing brackets on the shoulder of the seats interfere with the B-pillar. This is fairly easy to remove. The biggest issue is the seat rails. The S2000 seat rails are an integral part of the seat pivot and belt mount, and sit on the outer portions of the seat. The stock Fiero seat has the rails mounted more inboard, to the bottom of the seats. With the curvature of the floorpan, the S2000 seats sit up pretty high due to where the rails hit the floor. Custom rails and brackets would be needed to allow them to mount on the stock Fiero floor mounting points. Since the rails are part of the seat pivot, this fabrication will be a little more involved than most normal seats. Just placing the seats in the car, they sit several inches higher than the stock Fiero seats. I am hoping with custom rails and brackets they can be dropped down to stock or lower height.

I know if I were to swap the s2k seats into a prelude all I'd have to do is take the rails and pan and switch em out. Its kinda tedious since you have to basicly take both seats apart, remove the rails and pan, then put them back together again with the other seat parts but its the best way to have the rails and the seat mesh good. Looks stock in the end too. I haven't really taken a look at Fiero seats but do you think a simple strip down and build up work for those as well?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Doubtful considering the stock seat track is really two distinct units vaguely linked to each other by the slider handle assembly...

This is probably relevant - Rickady88GT has a set of SRT4 seats in his car and the tracks appear to be similar in design.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-1-074715.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock