Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  swap a GT3000 interior in the fiero and give it a real Carbon look ;) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
swap a GT3000 interior in the fiero and give it a real Carbon look ;) by my pride
Started on: 01-18-2010 05:16 PM
Replies: 81
Last post by: Gambit on 01-05-2013 04:54 PM
my pride

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
Here is a crazy project of mine there were some time's that i stopt the project and wanted to demolish the car,Than my wife told me to take a break stop the project and let it be for few months, its good to have her on my side in this.So i wanted to use a GT3000 interior and use real Carbon on top of it all

here are some pic's

[This message has been edited by my pride (edited 04-14-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Hulki did one of these as well. Im sure if you ask him about it he will give you some info on it.
FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
I'm going to start hunting for this car in the junkyard now
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFury33:

I'm going to start hunting for this car in the junkyard now

Its a hard car to find in a yard, and when you do find one its usualy picked over. Try looking for a 4th gen firebird. there dashes look pretty nice.

FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
Thanks, How tough is it to put the 4th gen Firebird dash in? I can find the 3000gts pretty easy, I live near to big cities.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFury33:

Thanks, How tough is it to put the 4th gen Firebird dash in? I can find the 3000gts pretty easy, I live near to big cities.

From what i understand its not to hard. Im going to attempt it on the car im kinda parting out to see if i can do it and if i can both the green lantern and the 87 will be getting one in it.

my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
update here the carbon in top of the dashbord later today i will add moore pictures
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by my pride:

update here the carbon in top of the dashbord later today i will add moore pictures

Looks nice dude, keep up the good work.

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
looks awesome!
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
here a picture of how nice it line's up with the dashbord

had to delete all broken links from all picture's that were gone

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
god damn! looks awesome
PFF
System Bot
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
this week im going to get carbon and wil start with the doors . now that i have a heater i can work whoehoo whahahaha
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
very nice work guy!
So, tell us about how you made the supports for the dash or like how did you fill in the gaps on the side of the dash and windshield?
Oh and the center support, how ?
Are you making a carbon console as well?

So when will you make one for me???
SinCityfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SinCityfieroSend a Private Message to SinCityfieroDirect Link to This Post
badass
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
How in the Hell did you laminate the dash in carbon??? that looks amazing!!!!!!!!
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86FASTBACK:

How in the Hell did you laminate the dash in carbon??? that looks amazing!!!!!!!!

whahahahah men the first time i did it i was almost done with the carbon and i forget that i laminated a pice of carbon when i fond out it was already dryed up en i needed to take it all of .man i was mad om my self
en then i needed to go back to the store to get a new piece of carbon.
so the next time i started to carbon i was thinking the first time was realy good so this time it will be a walk in the park for me.....NOT i did everything wrong that you can do wrong,i realy hated my self.

some frends of mine told me it cant be done in one piece of carbon and when i told them i messed up the first time , they were saying to me ,told u so and they whahahahha ,i was realy pissed ,and my wife told me no way you will get this done ,love my wife i taken me four time's to get it done the way it is now it cost me a total of 600 euro's ind i still need to get carbon for the doors and for the back wall .it wil be intergraded with the center console
this will bring the totall to +/- 1000 euro's if i dont mess up again
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
Isn't this like putting a hundred dollar saddle on a ten dollar horse?
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

yes it is but i like it and this is a hobby

------------------
I live in the netherlands
sorry for my bad English

bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. I like the way the door panels line up with the dash. I did a Camaro dash with Bonneville door panels. I had to make the door panels wider (added a piece of aluminum) and section about 1 1/2" from the height. The one area that was a pain in the neck was getting the electric door lockers to work without binding. You may want to fine tune this before you cover the panels. Also pay attention to having enough clearance for the ebrake.

Good like and I waiting to see the finished product.
Jim
lilnoobyfierokid

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lilnoobyfierokidDirect Link to This Post
can u put carbon on steel?....im gathering parts to do a jdm RHD swap and for the interior i wanna make my own dash and what not. please pm me on details on how to do this and the price thank you xD

By the way .... that looks amazing
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

That pretty much describes what most people do to their cars. Just look at all the 88 Cutties with 24" rims.
PFF
System Bot
neuro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for neuroSend a Private Message to neuroDirect Link to This Post
This interior is looking awesome. Definitely a show-car in the making!
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by neuro:

This interior is looking awesome. Definitely a show-car in the making!

Yes a show car in the making , Im working on this car for 5 years now and it is going to take me another 3/4 years to compleet this project

New seats, 18 inch rims, remake my new body kit (front rear bumper doors) chop the top a total paint job.make new cooling pipes,rebilding the engine and put on a turbo
got a HP Pro tuner for tweaking the engine ,i need to find out how i need to use it.I buy it just for del some DTC on my obd2 pcm

and now i have deletet my NB sensor,got a wide band sensor the LC-1 placed so i can play with it ,uuuummmmmm but were do i start whahahahaha im a moob on that
but that is an other topic

------------------
I live in the netherlands
sorry for my bad English

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I have seen this dash in person and it looks great ! The one-piece carbon really adds to the look. I can see how difficult it is to laminate it in the short time the resin hardens..so good work !
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
bump !
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
yes im back...........

and i wil update u all in a few days ,i hope

its 11 month that i was gone whoeps where was i mmmmmm i dont know

[This message has been edited by my pride (edited 05-12-2011).]

ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
good!

are you going to be using the ac controller?
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Looking great!

Can't wait to see it done.

Nolan
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

good!

I wanted to use the ac controller but i cant Find THE wiring diagrams of the module

So i think there is no other way than to use THE stock Fiero ac controller
Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
FYI... If anyone knows how to split up a PDF file (or a way to send a 35MB file), I have the 3000GT service manual.. The Auto AC section is probably 20-30 pages and covers 92-96 versions.

I had intended on using the 3000GT controller, but as usual never got around to it before selling the car. There's lots of connections to sensors, the ECM, and even a "belt slip signal".. Looks like it knows when the AC belt is slipping somehow.

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riceburner98:

FYI... If anyone knows how to split up a PDF file (or a way to send a 35MB file), I have the 3000GT service manual.. The Auto AC section is probably 20-30 pages and covers 92-96 versions.

I had intended on using the 3000GT controller, but as usual never got around to it before selling the car. There's lots of connections to sensors, the ECM, and even a "belt slip signal".. Looks like it knows when the AC belt is slipping somehow.

You need software like Adobe Acrobat. I believe there may be some free stuff out there too that lets you edit PDF's... I have Acrobat at work.
PFF
System Bot
jreigner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jreignerSend a Private Message to jreignerDirect Link to This Post
I have a 99 firebird dash in my 87, factory firebird hvac controls working with Speedhut legacy gauges in the instrument cluster and two of the three center vents. It was an instant modernization of the fiero for not that much money. I just haven't wrapped up the door panels yet. I got to get pics up. Good luck on your project, the fiber looks good, hopefully that theme can be carried throughout the car without going too tuner/euro.
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
yeah I may be adding the Firebird a/c controls to my swap.
I just want to make sure the a/c works first
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
This is how the Plazma interior was done!
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post
Does the 3000GT dash fit without a lot of trimming and cutting?

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
I think there's more "adding" and "filling" than trimming and cutting... The dash has a much rounder profile that will leave gaps that need to be filled, and of course mounts that need to be made.. But I don't remember having to trim anything (like metal) out of the Fiero, or cut much if anything off the dashboard. The ductwork will need some work, but that's the same with any swap. Also blending the center console area can be tricky, but looks good if done right. (which I didn't do. LOL ) When I did mine I used the 3000GT steering column as well, so there wasn't a round column to square hole issue to fill in.. (3KGT column cover is bigger and more squared than Fiero) Mechanically I just had to cut the tip of a Fiero column off (D-shape thing at the rack end) and weld it onto the 3KGT end. May have had to drill a couple extra mounting holes as well. It doesn't have much movement up and down though, as the whole column pivots rather than the wheel end like the Fiero. Electrically it took some work to get the switches and levers functioning, but it is possible.

There are a couple threads (probably archived now) of 3KGT swaps, mine was no where near complete, as with anything I ever start.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Here's a LINK to a build that I, unfortunately, didn't finish but it will give you some idea to the work involved.

Nolan
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

good!

I hope That i can install the AC controler i wanted to delete the Fiero AC
But i still looking For THE wiring diagrams
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

my pride

300 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Well my Engine died à month ago  so I found a other one
The L67 3800 supercharged yea thank u . I never did like the other one I had
The thing is I want to get or make the mounts my self
So im looking for info on were to get the polyurethane and the diameter

And I mailed WCF but they don't answer

Ps I upload some pictures of the engine and dash later on
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
yay i got a engine and i got the ecm from the same car with the wiring

now i can clean up since the engine is out of the car

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay