Started on: 04-22-2010 08:54 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Fieroseverywhere on 04-26-2010 10:19 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Are the 1991 F7 and the 4T60E the same tranny?

They both appear to be "electronic" transaxles, but different.
I'm comparing wiring diagrams in the Deville and Allante manuals, and it looks like the Allante had a 3rd gear pressure switch that was wired out to the ECM, where the Deville did not. It also appears that the Deville had the four-switch matrix, where the Allante did not.

Can the 4T60E be "made into" an F7? Or are they different animals?

Thanks.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe -soon to be something other than red

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RockRunner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockRunnerSend a Private Message to RockRunnerDirect Link to This Post
unfortunaly i don't know the answer to your question. but i had one of my own that fits under your title. not trying to thread jack...

i have a 4T60e in my notchie'. when i engage the trans in Park it doesn't stop the wheels from turning. is this because the trans is electric? i have the car on stands because i am trying to finish up the conversion to a 3800 and i have not ran the car yet either. is this normal or do i have a bad trans?

thanks and sorry to invade your thread with my question...

------------------
No man that fishes is a failure

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
Hello Raydar, I have a known to be good low mileage 47,000 miles from 1991 Allante 4T60 with a 3:21:1 drive ratio , it is non electronic, model 1KZH it does have a kickdown (TV) cable, modulator, and yes it has selonoids for 3rd and 4th. I believe that the selonoids are for the traction control feature, I don't have the Allante service manual and have been looking for information myself. If you have a look at the second page of my thread to view what I have gathered so far or maybe you could add info from your Allante' manual. Because I'm doing a Northstar swap, using a Dalenzie 2500 high stall torque converter from chrfab with a ring welded to mate the three lug torque converter to the four lug northstar flexplate, I may need to operate the selonoids from the D.I.S. 4 , If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the feedback. Rob https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/074248-2.html

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 04-24-2010).]

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
On the MSD D.I.S. 4 ignition box switch S2 controls the High Speed Retard. "The HSR Curve can be used for traction
control or on nitrous equipped engines to prevent detonation."

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

MSD #6215, http://download.telematica.gr/MSD/6211.pdf

I just wanted to add that I'm not positively sure this will work well or at all, it is just a possibility at the moment, I'm just sharing the info. I am still researching and gathering info etc. but one way or another I will find how to control the selonoids, high stall and traction control combined with the adjustable shift points and firmness would be very nice on a modified Northstar with a very high rpm limit. I'm hoping that the strengthened Allante tranny will hold up well against the broad powerband of the Northstar.

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 04-24-2010).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Rourke,

Thanks for the info!
I'll see if I can add anything to your thread.
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDDirect Link to This Post
on the 4t60 (no "E") it has no shift selonoids. It does has switche's that screw in to the oil passages. they are used to tell the ecm when the trans is in 3rd or 4th gear if the switch has 1 wire. the switch with 2 wires turns on the ttc when the trans is in 3rd gear. The color of the plug on the trans ( for the TTC wiring ) will tell if you have a 2 wire switch. (black or white) I don't remember witch is witch. We used a 2 wire switch to get the TTC to lock up in 4th gear only by putting it in the 4th gear spot. ( the upper of the 2 ). He is running a megasquirt with no TTC abilaty.
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDDirect Link to This Post

FFIEROFRED

750 posts
Member since May 2008
The parking pawl will not stop the wheels when the car is moving at more than a very slow crawl. the parking pawl is spring loaded so it will just skip over the gear to protect the trans from people that might just put it in park when the wheels are MOVING!!!!

but if you have the wheels stopped, and it's in park and they turn when you get off the brake you might just have a problem.
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FFIEROFRED:

on the 4t60 (no "E") it has no shift selonoids....
We are talking about the 1991 Cadillac Allante' 4T60

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

[/QUOTE]

RockRunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockRunnerSend a Private Message to RockRunnerDirect Link to This Post
so i set the rear of the car down today. then i went to fill the coolant... massive leak from the front end... i figured it was the drain in the radiator... i started to jack the front up to get in there to close it... about 10''s off the ground i realize that the car is not in park...CRAP... i grabbed a block and go to put it behind the rear tire when it occurs to me that the car had not moved... so i pushed it then i pulled on it... nothing...WOOT!!!!... i guess there is nothing wrong with the trans anyhow...WOOT!!!

------------------
No man that fishes is a failure
87' notchie-NA3800-4T60E

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
The allante trans is stronger. Also alot more rare!! I have never found much info on the F7 in particular. Just that it is stronger and has some different features.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 04-26-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock