T-top seal reproduction by UND_Sioux
Started on: 12-16-2009 08:10 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: bowrapennocks on 12-16-2009 09:18 AM
UND_Sioux

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UND_SiouxSend a Private Message to UND_SiouxDirect Link to This Post
Hello. I am new to the forum and just acquired my second Fiero. My first one was an 1987 GT that I got when I was sixteen. Seventeen years later, I picked up a 1988 Formula with non-CJB T-tops. I have a couple of questions about the T-top cars.

Has anybody looked into having seals reproduced? I have a non-CJB car, and I understand they are different than the CJB car. I would think there would be enough demand for this that it would be worth it to contract a company to reproduce these. Does anybody have a rough guess as to how many T-tops were installed later other than the one's ordered from the dealers in 1988?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bowrapennocks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksDirect Link to This Post
I have seen a number of $50,000 to start up seal reproduction posted here in the past, but no one has come forward to actually do it. I have been told that there are no records of the number non CJB T-tops installed, but as I recall someone guessed at 2000-3000. I tried hard to find seals for my 87 and could only find a passenger seal for $350. I ended up modifying original C&C F82 Camaro seals which are readily available. For details of my installation see

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104028.html

Jim

------------------

87 T-top 2.8 5sp Camaro Dash Bonneville door panels; 86 355 body & interior kits 3.1 Auto; 85 SE 2.5 5sp, 86 SE 2.8 auto parts car

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock