Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 16)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 610
Last post by: Fie Ro on 03-14-2009 06:03 PM
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
ik ook !

Most of the front suspension is finally done and installed..

There are still a few jobs to do to the front underbody... first this airdam bracket is toast

I just started to make a simple replacement piece in aluminium and will restore the other parts...then I can set up the intercooler hoses (I will have to add a little mod to the airdam for that) and then I want to fabricate a support bracket for the nose to feel save if I ever get to test the top speed ...when its done
IP: Logged
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Started with some scrap aluminium with a good thickness

mapping and drilling new holes

testfitting

This cut is needed to clear the IC radiator tubing

I will use 4 L profiles for strength and pop rivet them

Now theres some extra space to try to setup the tubing for the IC radiator. I decided I want the pump mounted in the front trunk...for easy access I guess. This doesnt make the routing easier..hehe. After some trying and combining hoses and adapters:

This is a Fiero hose, it fits and curves just right!

Sorry about the bad picture quality.....iphone camera and low light dont go well together..
More to come
BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Started with some scrap aluminium with a good thickness

mapping and drilling new holes

testfitting

This cut is needed to clear the IC radiator tubing

I will use 4 L profiles for strength and pop rivet them

Now theres some extra space to try to setup the tubing for the IC radiator. I decided I want the pump mounted in the front trunk...for easy access I guess. This doesnt make the routing easier..hehe. After some trying and combining hoses and adapters:

This is a Fiero hose, it fits and curves just right!

Sorry about the bad picture quality.....iphone camera and low light dont go well together..
More to come

well you adopt me please???
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BabyVet:
well you adopt me please???

Thats ok but you will get to do the dirty/boring jobs

Some finished, cleaned and painted parts..:

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Thats ok but you will get to do the dirty/boring jobs

Some finished, cleaned and painted parts..:

i'm game for it!!! so when you want my adoption papers??? lol
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Ok, moving to the front trunk, I will pull everything out to route the IC plumbing first..

I got two bilge type pumps (1 new spare) with the kit, the used one has a cut or broken outlet so I am going to switch some parts..

Now it is set up, the threaded inlet and nut make it possible to mount it through/to the trunk wall, added teflon for sealing and made an adapter to mount the wider radiator hose

2 holes

fitting the pump inlet

I dont know about the reliabilty of these pumps (theyre made by Johnson), but they are easily replaced (click and turn cartridge type), cheap and now easy accessable (just lift the front hood )

Getting more stuff hooked up
JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMDirect Link to This Post
Why haven't i seen this thread before! You really have some talent there pal. I literally read this entire thread today. Brilliant just brilliant!
FieroCustom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCustomClick Here to visit FieroCustom's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroCustomDirect Link to This Post
Wow, it's been awhile since I tuned into this one. Why isn't this in the construction zone yet? Your car is one of the most built bodies out there. Your fiberglassing skills are very good and inspirational to me to try my body changes. Keep up your awesome build.
~John

------------------
John
1955 Chevrolet 210 Sedan (Sitting idle for the moment)
1988 SE seized duke... next engine?
1988 CJB T-Top (Project car)
2001 Saturn LW300 (Daily driver)
2001 Saturn SL1

Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCustom:

Wow, it's been awhile since I tuned into this one. Why isn't this in the construction zone yet? Your car is one of the most built bodies out there. Your fiberglassing skills are very good and inspirational to me to try my body changes. Keep up your awesome build.
~John

I am going to have to agree with this as well as all the other praise posts. Your car is beautiful and your workmanship top notch, you put the rest of us to shame.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Fie RO, when you get a chance, could you update this thread with more pics of your Fiero interior and outside?
I would love to see more recent/current pictures (both wide angle, and details shots)
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words, guess I am pretty devoted to this little obsession.. ...but it also takes a lot of time in learning (from mistakes) and finally getting stuff sorted out and done..
got some stuff done this week though..!
changed my fancy replacement radiator overflow can bracket setup to a custom bend basic bracket to clear the hoodvent and headlights..
painted and installed bracket

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock