Started on: 08-11-2008 02:09 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: katatak on 08-23-2008 04:38 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Greetings all,

Ok, this may be a stupid question but here goes. What do I need to hookup my laptop to a fiero - best software, cable, etc. I would like to be able to monitor what is going on with the engine while driving it down the road instead of reading codes and troubleshooting in the garage. Any help, comments, suggestions, etc is greatly appreciated. TIA

Pat
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Most people use Winaldl. Works well and it's free.

You can buy a cable or make your own if you handy with a soldering iron. All the info is here.

http://winaldl.joby.se/

If you have an older laptop with a serial port you can build the second cable shown. If you only have USB you have to get a USB to serial convertor and then might build as shown in the first drawing. You don't have to make a board or anything just put the couple parts in a DB9 hood as he shows on the Winaldl site.

I as well a one of two others sometime make cables for sale if you do a search. I usually get $25 for mine. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/041052.html

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 08-11-2008).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner, thanks for the info. Do you have a cable available for sale? If so, I will take one. Paypal is warmed up and ready for delivery..... Thanks again for your help.

Pat
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i am using the usb aldl cable from aldlcable.com and for the software, i am using tunerpro rt. but i have the 7730 and not the ECM that comes in the fieros.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp to the wheels

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dodgerunner, you have a PM and an email from me.

Thanks

Pat
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
for tuning, i am going to purchas the moates APU1 next check.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp to the wheels

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner,

You have a PM and an email.

Thanks

Pat

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock