need help with ALDL cable by racer37
Started on: 12-09-2007 07:02 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: racer37 on 12-10-2007 08:47 AM
racer37

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racer37Send a Private Message to racer37Direct Link to This Post
So I got my new ALDL cable, got 'puter in the car, get everything going, and I am not getting much data. Go in the house, check the forum, Hey I got the wrong ECM. Go back outside, reset the program with the proper ECM (86 SE v6 4spd) and still not getting much data. Look at the graphs......nuttin. Are instructions posted somewhere? Searched the forum and couldn't find any ALDL for Dummies. Could someone point me the right direction? Thanks, Scott
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
I found that http://winaldl.joby.se/ still has the best info. Got the screens link. Explore some. There are help instructions.

So are you using the 170 ECM? That is the one that always works for me.

You say you are getting some data?

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 12-09-2007).]

racer37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racer37Send a Private Message to racer37Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Dodge, I will look at that. Yes, I am getting some data, but I am flying blind as I never used a cable like this or seen someone use it. I want to figure this out, it seems to be a great challange right now. I will play around with it some and get back to ya'll. Thanks, Scott
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
The first thing to do it just connect the cable, click the datalogger, and only check the sensor data box. Starting out you don't need anything but the sensor data logged.

Start the logging and go for a drive doing some constant speed driving.
10 min. would be a good start. When your done turn off the logging and it will save a file with a date-time name in the winaldl folder of your laptop.
If you have not download a copy of ALDLView and open the log file with it.
You can then change the view for different sensors and readings and even overlay them by locking a couple on the screen.
Just have to play and it starts making since.

Might read thru these two threads and see if it help get you going on readings.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077235.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/069590.html
racer37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racer37Send a Private Message to racer37Direct Link to This Post
Thanks, I read through about 10 pages of stuff on search, and I discovered that I need to start out by swetting the TPS voltage, I didn't do that yesterday. I also read there might be a problem using XP and the serial port. I have a friend in the confuser business, I will check and see if he has a USB adapter. I am going to play around with it some more this afternoon. Thanks again, Scott

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock