Started on: 09-09-2007 09:55 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: PaulJK on 09-14-2007 03:42 PM
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post
Are the door hinges on all the Fieros the same? I guess while my car was being painted my painter discovered that when you open the passanger door you can lift it up and down. I guess it wasnt the window rattling when I hit bumps after all. So can I take the hinges off any Fiero at u-pull it and put it on my 86?

------------------
"A mobile home with a flat tire, is just a home."
"If some one ask if your ticklish it doesn't matter if you say yes or no, they're still going to touch you. That's why when they ask you say something like, I have diarria! but yes I am very ticklish"
How fast does a zebra have to run before it looks gray?"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Yes I believe they are all the same. Not sure on the 84's..

But have you ever pulled hinges before. You have to pull the outer door skin to get at the bolts. Fun Fun....!
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post

Dodgerunner

9686 posts
Member since Sep 2004
To pull the skin you will need to pull the inner panel, pull the side mirror.

Popl the plastic fastners along the bottom of the door. The the fun part or removing the three bolts on end end of the door.
You usually can never remove them with the plastic torque that covers them.
What I usuuly do is take a screwdriver or drill bit and ream out the plastic of the bolts. Inside is a metal bolt with the same torque head the plastic has. You can then jam your torque bit in and remove the bolts.

The panel should now lift off the top of the door.. (don't think I forgot anything but who knows)

You will then be able to see the heads of the bolts going into the hinges.
If you pull yours off it's a good time to clean and lube the window mechs.
jfuredy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jfuredySend a Private Message to jfuredyDirect Link to This Post
All you probably need is the door hinge pin replacement kits. Each kit includes two hinge pins and four hinge pin bushings. You need one kit for each door, or two for the whole car. See this page:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...0147329268QQtcZphoto

You can also get them from Rodney Dickman's site ( http://www.rodneydickman.com/ ), including the door spring removal tool.

------------------
Joe Furedy
'88 Formula (auto)
'88 Coupe (5-spd) (Waiting for 3800 SC install)

Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jfuredy:

All you probably need is the door hinge pin replacement kits. Each kit includes two hinge pins and four hinge pin bushings. You need one kit for each door, or two for the whole car. See this page:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...0147329268QQtcZphoto

You can also get them from Rodney Dickman's site ( http://www.rodneydickman.com/ ), including the door spring removal tool.

I believe they sell the GM hinge pins in the local parts stores like autozone and advance.
BERKELUSA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BERKELUSAClick Here to visit BERKELUSA's HomePageSend a Private Message to BERKELUSADirect Link to This Post
How come only the top ones go to hell so fast??

Thanks.. I was just about to ask the same question and bought those..

Rob

------------------
"Rob's Projects" - THREE 1986 Fiero's SE's (into a convertible) a 1931' Chevy Tub, 00' JEEP
"cut, grind, weld, cut, grind, weld,cut, grind, weld.. DAMN THATS LONG !!"

jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
I did a little write up on hinge repair with tips, hints, pictures and links including the diference between the store bought pins versus the pins Rodney sells.
Good luck with the project.
Here is the archived link.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-2-066102.html

------------------
jetman
Silver 86 SE 2M6 4-speed, with
"check wallet light"

BERKELUSA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BERKELUSAClick Here to visit BERKELUSA's HomePageSend a Private Message to BERKELUSADirect Link to This Post
EXCELLENT write up jetman!...

The cherry-picker door holder I'm sure helped 10-fold.. these Fiero doors are not "light".. what the heck is inside them.. LEAD???

------------------
"Rob's Projects" - THREE 1986 Fiero's SE's (into a convertible) a 1931' Chevy Tub, 00' JEEP
"cut, grind, weld, cut, grind, weld,cut, grind, weld.. DAMN THATS LONG !!"

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
If you find a used hinge, look at the bushing on the hinge pin to see if it is still round or not. I've seen the hinge pins at Kragen in the HELP section and i also know the Fiero Store sells complete rebuilt hinges.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock