Started on: 03-28-2007 03:09 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 03-29-2007 06:26 PM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
has anyone done it? my brother told me that he had his c4 parked next to my fiero, and said that the mirrors are the same. i want to try.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
The mirrors are ALMOST the same. I did heated mirrors in my Fiero. You might be able to use the vette mirror shells by putting the Fiero bottom gasket underneath the vette gaskets - that way most of your problems would be solved. The problem I ran into was that the vette motors are mounted 90 deg out from the Fiero motors and the adjusting pins on the glass are in the wrong positions for the Fiero motors. I had a set of manual mirror shells and I was able to transfer the vette motors and brackets into the Fiero shells
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
doesnt sound too dificult.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I have the heated mirrors on two of my cars. The Corvette shells didn't mount up close enough for my taste,

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050410-2-057316.html

but the motors will mount right up inside the fiero shells, even if they are 90 degrees off. Even easier, you can just replace the Fiero glass with the heated glass. I wired it into the rear window defogger. Else, you can just put a switch on it.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-28-2007).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
so the vette mirrors fit the fiero motors?
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
On my vette, there just wired hot to the rear window defrost switch and ground - ground. That way the auto timer will shut them off just like the rear window defroster.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
thats a good way of hooking it up. i never got to use my vette in the cold, how well do the mirror defrosters work with ice on em?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

so the vette mirrors fit the fiero motors?

I didn't try it the other way around but if vette motors fit in Fiero housings then I would assume the Fiero motors fit the vette housings.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Mine is my winter driver, they work as good as rear window def. I went thru a car wash and they froze up with a thick coat of ice (it was like 10*) and it melted in a few minutes.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
is there any kind of current draws you hafta worry about when hooking the mirrors up to the rear defroster?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Works fine on vette, way it came from factory.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

is there any kind of current draws you hafta worry about when hooking the mirrors up to the rear defroster?

These things have tiny little heating elements in there. It's not like they are glowing red hot like a toaster. The current draw is not an issue.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

These things have tiny little heating elements in there. It's not like they are glowing red hot like a toaster. The current draw is not an issue.

oh darn. i cant make toast off of them. or poptarts

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock