Started on: 12-23-2006 09:52 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Dodgerunner on 12-25-2006 10:59 AM
tednelson83

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
does anyone know what the weights of the aero bumper and hood are?

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 148,000 miles! decklid window, silver guages. rear ended someone, and now the rebuilding starts! More pics of my 87 GT can be found here
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2m4 auto, 222K miles and counting <-my first car, and i still cant get rid of her!
2002 Toyota Celica GT, 5-speed, 47K miles <-FOR SALE!
A 4 year olds knowledge of science: No matter how much jello you put into a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
I have both the hood and bumper of mine (85GT) off so I could weight them. I'm guessing you mean the front bumper.

Did you want the weight of the skin or did you also want the bumper underframe. (plastic crush boxing)

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 12-23-2006).]

tednelson83

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:

I have both the hood and bumper of mine (85GT) off so I could weight them. I'm guessing you mean the front bumper.

Did you want the weight of the skin or did you also want the bumper underframe. (plastic crush boxing)

front bumper skin with the eggcrate, and front hood. i would be quite happy if you could do that.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
OK no time yesterday with church twice and family stuff on my side.
Made it out to the garage this Christmas morning before the wife's side shows up. All 27 of them.

Anyway here is what I get with a bathroom scale since I don't have anything else.

Front Bumper skin. 16lb
Front Bumper frame and egg. 15lb.
Front Hood 44lb.

Rear Hood 29 lb.
Rear Bumper skin. 16lb.
Rear Bumper frame and egg. 19lb.

Hope everyone had a great and safe Christmas. Hope 2007 bring everyone the Fiero of their dreams.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock