Started on: 05-18-2006 08:09 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 05-22-2006 06:34 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
My educated guess will be one afternoon for tear down and clean up, and one afternoon to put back on and lash and assemble.

This is on FieroChicks car. The valve seals are shot, the plenum is leaking. 2 broken off manifold bolts, and I suspect 1 or more burn valves due to driving around for a year with a cracked/badly leaking exhaust manifold.

So we are going to swap on my old 2.8 heads, mine have 1.6 roller tip rockers, comp valve springs, decked .010, minor port work, fresh valve grind, and a few other tweaks to make them good. Plus ported manifolds. She should see a noticeable gain in power from all this. Just the ported manifolds and 1.6 rockers should be worth 10-15 hp.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 05-19-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
i would say 2 days no problum as long as you have air power tools . a little long if you don't THAT IS AS LONG AS THE MURPHY'S LAW DOESN'T COME TO VIST !
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well we decided to get a head start on it tonight. Started around 7pm just to get it ready, and ended up going a bit further. by 9pm the motor pretty much looked like this. But we did a bunch of fiddling around and called it a night at about 10pm.

Thanks to

John Cascara aka Copbait
Jim T
Lisa aka FieroChick
and me aka Capt Fiero

Looks like we will have a good head start for tomorrow.

Went from this

To this in 2hrs

One nice shot just because.

3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Now the fun begins.....I like the stripes & bird---I can`t spell Peauguse---see..lol...Take your time putting it back toghter...Good Luck...
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
When we are done, I hope to have it look sorta like this.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20050119-1-045705.html

We are using many of my old engine parts and vacuum setup.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2006 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Stuff greasy paper towels down into the cylinder and lifter bores before starting to scrape, the grease traps the debris and keeps it out of the engine.

Cleanliness is critical here, of course.

JazzMan
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ya we had rags over the lifter bores and then used a shop vac to clean everything.

Well here are todays pics.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 05-20-2006).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Me and my friend did rings in his in no time at all, like maybe 8 hours? Thats excluding the time we spend on the exhaust manifold bolts....
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2006 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well here is the video of it.

Car runs great. Took about 5min for the lifters to quite down. I guess it took them some time to get use to the heavier springs and longer duration rockers.

Grab the fierochick engine video.

http://members.shaw.ca/fierochick/video

David

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock