Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Poor Man 3800 II Superchared swap the compilation of one mans quest (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Poor Man 3800 II Superchared swap the compilation of one mans quest by pred1tor83
Started on: 10-13-2004 02:29 PM
Replies: 121
Last post by: revin on 08-22-2006 08:24 PM
pred1tor83

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
Well it has started last night!

I’ll start at the begining like all good stories do.

I got the Fiero bug when I had just started driving, as luck would have it a ricer ran down the street in the rain at about 90 mph and found my bumper of my truck, though it was a minor accident for me, it totaled his car on the spot, and being that it was an old truck it was totaled by the little damage that was caused. I drove this truck back home, and after a while the engine started to go.

So I went car shopping with my dad, he said that he would buy me car that was under 2k but I had to pay him back, so we had been actively looking for a few weeks and then one day he brought me down to military drive, on the Southside. And there it was a 1986 Pontiac Fiero with the GT ground package on and a v6 in the back and a four speed!!!! Perfect paint, perfect interior working ac. It was the **** !!!!

Went home empty handed then later dad came home from work with my new car, it was probably one of the most memorable moments of my life!!!

I got to drive it for one week and then the damn clutch went talk about luck, but yeah so I swapped it out for a new one, or so I thought from auto zone!!! ONE-WEEK LATER TO THE DAY IT FAILED AGAIN… so I got my money back, and bought a new one from orielys, turned out the one from auto zone had been a remmy. Put it all together and it worked for 2 more weeks then I spun a bearing on the 2.8… so I was forced to put it up for about 6 months till my dad had done some research and found a 3.4l to swap in.

Its been running good for a few months, and I got the itch to go faster, so I started doing research on hopping up the 3.4 and I decide that I was going to have to invest in around 1.4k to get it respectable.

So I don’t know why but I went to ebay and there it was, my future,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=79132 22831&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMERFB%3AIID

So for a whopping 657 dollars I had a motor that had been sitting outside for almost a year. Picked it up the next day with my friends truck, and low and behold the guy wasn’t even there, so he had a friend meet me there. I HAD TO PUT THIS MOTOR IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK MY SELF!!! Ne who, got it home and put it at my friends house where it has sat for the last month… finally got the free time to work on it, and started to disassemble it. First things first I took off the wiring harness, what a royal pain in the ass that was! I proceeded to put that in my car and went back to work. The next item of business was to swap the valve covers… THSES THINGS WERE CLEAN ENOUGH TO EAT OFF OF INSIDE!

OMG That made my WEEK!
So I then took off the fuel lines, injectors and proceeded to call it a night!

Got home and started to tear apart the harness, my gawd there is soooo much of the tape and conduit. And there has to be close to 100 ft of wires in this thing.

Three hours later, 5 razor blades and 3 band-aids the harness is now completely naked and I am looking up for the wiring schematics to see what wires were cut when the guy removed the engine from the car, I can tell right now that all the accessories have been cut and there are a few loose ends but yeah that’s where I stand now, I will have pictures soon.

Continue to check for updates, as this will be the only step by step install to date of the Pennock Fiero forum of a poor man installing a 3800 II sc in a 1986 Fiero with a 4 speed!

Positive ratings would be nice if you find this step by step usefull!

------------------

(sig complements of Nebiros88)
Got a Job, a V6 Manual FIERO! ...All I need now is a NEWGirlfriend

[This message has been edited by pred1tor83 (edited 10-13-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
UPDATE

Well, i just got my 255gph a few days ago for a whopping 80 bucks go me so heres the cost so far

657 engine
80 fuel pump

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post

pred1tor83

1872 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Pics of clean harness

FastIndyFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post
Sweet. Take lots of pics.

------------------

My Web page

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
o yeah i almost forgot, as for how to's for making your own mounts and ecm tuning... um im poor so im gonna not cut corners in those areas and buy from loyd

And one more thing, its great to have a mentor of sorts, ive got two people i can call up if i ever get stuck, loyd of fast fieros, kevin, hes also done a wounderfull swap! mentors are great especially when they know what they are talking about! so yeah thats it for the day, im done here, maybe ill get some pics of those pretty valve covers

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Huh why are there CUT wires???????????

------------------

98 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. only one in Austin Texas !

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
the cut wires??? well i cant really offer an explination, i think when whoever took out the motor from the donor didnt feel like disconnecting the stuff from the front of the engine ie ac, alt, and all that other great stuff sooooo i am gonna have to do a lil work on mu own to figure out what these einstiens did
pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
All right here’s today’s work and most of last nights

I stayed up till around 4 trying to figure this thing out, and still have yet to come to a reasonable excuse for the guys at the wrecking yards to cut the harness, but it does no good to stew about that…

So I started to take C1&C2 apart, and seeing as I have never done this before I took my time. And am going to share how to do it with you too.

Ok first there is a screw that goes through the metal backing and through the plastic that is then attached to the ECM, this needs to come out, and holding it in is a sort of lock washer, I could not find a better way to get it out other than to take two flat head screw drivers to it and pry it up until I bent the **** outa it and it gave way.

The metal washer has been taken off in this pic

These are the tabs

Then you can press the four plastic tabs that attach the plastic harness to the metal case and it slides out.

little tab on the side… these should come off without a fight! Then you simply lift each finger out and pull the wire out of the pin and whalla you have an empty C1 & C2 after a few hours Then there are covers that slide over the white housing; they come off by depressing the!

[This message has been edited by pred1tor83 (edited 10-14-2004).]

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
Great job describing and w/ pictures + for you
Lets just say that I know what you are going through since I am in the middle of doing a swap myself.
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Earl, you need to call me. You took C1 and C2 too far apart. Also I know why the wires are cut in the location they are. Its not important or a problem where they are cut.

Loyde

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
in best homer voice

DOUGH

wellllllll, ummmmm, ill be callin you first thing tomarrow

Loyd is a great guy

PFF
System Bot
ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtDirect Link to This Post
keep the info coming, i'll be "attempting" to wire my own harness soon enuf, and have no idea what im getting myelf into, but it doesnt look good... what a mess.
pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
Ok well I didn’t stay up as late last night, but I have finally gotten this wire harness thing down to a manageable level. The three nights I have been battling with this beast gives me a much greater respect for anyone who has ever attempted this, or even better has actually done this (big props to Loyd cause he does this all day).

Anywho, I’ve got the harness down to the bare basics, the wires on the left of the shot are the wires that don’t have plugs to anything yet have pins for the ECM. Wires in the middle have the connectors but are missing one wire to the ECM.

Well, I think the next action would have to be to actually start plugging things up and deciding on a location for the ECM…. But this has to wait until I actually get to see my engine again, which could be a while, so I think this thread is going to die, at least temporarily.

O yeah how could I forget, here’s my baby, still not moving under her own motivation…. Even though it’s got a perfect 3.4 sitting in it…. Damn clutch hydraulics… maybe I should work on one thing at a time….. nah, its more fun this way

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post

pred1tor83

1872 posts
Member since Dec 2000
I would like to take this brief ending of this topic to GIVE some thanks to a few people that have helped me out a lot. In no particular order

First LOYD: of fast fieros, cause without him here I would have no idea what I would do, this guy is the walking bible as far as I'm concerned…. If I had more money id have him do this swap, that way I knew everything was done right…

Second REVIN: he is the inspiration for this install, about a year ago he brought his multi colored fast back to San Antonio for a local show, and I got a 6 second ride while he parked it, and that was the moment I decided I had to have one!

Third ROCKCRWAL: He’s got so much info on his site, what a great guy sharing with the rest of the community

Fourth PBJ: as many of you know he is also a master mind of the 3800 swap.

And others, LoWkEy, Darthfiero, lowfierogt, fierox, wetpoop, and everyone else who has ever done any kind of documentation on this stuff

Sorry if I left anyone out, but this is a living thread, so I can add you at anytime :P

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post

pred1tor83

1872 posts
Member since Dec 2000
dough one more thing:

Loyd I know I went to far and perhaps should have called you before I started to mess with this, but, after seeing your swaps you have given me a goal, I mean **** , look at any of your swaps, THEY ARE SOOOO CLEAN… that was part of the reason to take the harness as far as I have, I want it to look as clean as yours, you do awesome work….

I know I have some brown on my nose, but hey someone had to say it, better me point out than you point it out for me

this is what i am talking about, you cant see hardly ANY WIRES its kicks asssssss

[This message has been edited by pred1tor83 (edited 10-15-2004).]

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
Alright gentlemen here’s the latest installment:

Yesterday started at 3pm, loaded up the car with petrol, stopped at the store and bought 2 2ltrs and started up 35 up to Austin.

About an hour and half later I was getting fired up about something I had heard on talk radio, so I called in and voiced my opinion, and they put me on the air live for ten minutes…. But for these ten minutes I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. So about an hour later I call Kevin up and ask him where I am, turns out I over shot his house by about 54 miles…. Turned around and got to his house and got right down to business.

Now looking at all the information he had was a little daunting. Three manila folders FULL of papers notes and diagrams…. So I wasted no time finding the local Kinkos to start coping. About 34 dollars lighter, and 391 pages heavier, I loaded everything back into the battle wagon and stopped at the local walgreens for a disposable camera, and a pack of smokes (I know I am supposed to quite but its boring driving alone). Spent a few minutes snapping all 25 pics of his beautiful car and clean install, and started on my way home…..

Great trip nice guy, and now I have new bathroom reading material :P hot rod was getting old…. But seriously, this information was worth the drive up there….. sooooo much info its amazing.

------------------

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
swing score one for me, i just got my "bonus" yesterday, payed all my bills for next month and still have plenty of money for my project, except to see a lot more work done int the next few weeks
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Bump...

You get the letter from me?

Loyde

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
yeah i sure did, thanx loyd im gonna be pay pallin u the money for the engine mount and ecm on the 10th of november via pay pal

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
TTT, keep the pics and info coming!

------------------
85' Fiero 5spd notchback
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bigtime1911/album?.tok=phlWNyABDV9Lapf.&.dir=/2a9c&.src=ph

65' Karmann Ghia
http://photos.yahoo.com/the_ikon1911

Jaguar XJ8 L
Audi A6 Quattro
Jeep CJ7
Lexus SC 400 *Best car ever RIP

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
I'm back

Well here’s the latest progress

Some of you will recall this from the beatrz thread, hey at least it runs….

Back to the topic

This is the new harness aproximitly 90% complete, all that is left is to interface it with the fieros harness so the injectors run and a few other grounds that have to be run to the ECM

Close up of the very uncluttered C1 and C2

Heres the helper

PFF
System Bot
pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post

This is about 400 plus pages of info on this swap that I got mainly from Kevin, what great guy, and to boot he helped me sell the 3.4 I have

Any who, for those of you that have done this swap, I need help with these….

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post

pred1tor83

1872 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Any who, for those of you that have done this swap, I need help with these….

This one is rectangular 5x2 colors
A:white
B:brown/white
C:yellow
D:brown
E:Yellow (becomes twisted with D)
P:blck
G:Red (becomes twisted with p)
H:brown/white
J:Tan
K:Grey (goes to another connector that I cant id

A:Grey (coming from the other connector
B:blue
C:grey/white
D urple
E:blck/white
F:brown
G:light blue
H:dk green
J:yellow
K:blue white

3 wires no labes
Green
Yellow
Black

4x3
A:
B:
C:
D:blk/white
E:yellow/blk
F:
G:yellow

I cant id these!

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post

ECT - Engine Coolant Temp sensor plug. Goes under the T-Stat housing. Will have a 3 wire connector on the other end that is flat.

Bad picture, but it looks like EABS plug. Anything that is twisted pair together is High speed LAN also known as GMLAN wiring. These are used for the ABS brakes and SRS. You will not use them.

Take a better close up pic of the connector itself. Looks like it might be a transmission interface plug.

Loyde

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
your the man loyd

ima work on getting those better pics up.... but now i am at least 95% done time to wrap it up and start spending some money :P

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Well you could also see where the wires went into the ecm (pin location) and determine what they are for that way. if they don't go to the ecm should not need them ...huh right Loyde?
DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
Coming along really well man.. you got some umm kahonas to dive into that mess. But some pic help for you. does your digital cam have a macros setting on it? if so thats for taking close up pics. I just found that out last week after my accident.. LOL L8
pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
im not even sure, but i do know that when i "resize" them it gets blury the orignals arnt, they are in like 1900x1200 or some insane amount of pixels
pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
otay i just got back from orileys.... got some new toys

i bought about 20 feet of loom all for like 15 bucks

time to start puting it in there

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
WELL i feel much better now... took a day off heres where i stand i will take pics tommarow

i have the 3800's harness completly redone for the 99 pcm i am buying from loyd, all i need to do now is bring certain wires together like the even injectors, and the odd ones, and get them as ready as possible to interfacing with the 2.8 harness, I also have to bring a couple common grounds together and that’s it…

thanks to the fourm I sold my 3.4, got my asking price, I will be taking it out this weekend hopefully…

this is gonna die for a while im saving my money

things still left to buy, do modify:

Bend the new clutch a little
Send the 4speed cable braket to WCF to modify it
Buy alternator
Buy starter
Buy flywheel from a 96 camaro 3800. and have machined down and balanced to the flexplate
Buy 2 mounts from fast fieros
Buy ecm from fast fieros

I have decided that I am going to go with this style exhaust

copied from Fiero evolutions, with either STS tips or maybe even some early Camaro z28 tips…….

That’s all for now

Current expenditures:
Engine 657
fuel pump 80
5 razor blades 1
15ft of wire loom assorted size 20

[This message has been edited by pred1tor83 (edited 10-27-2004).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
So for a whopping 657 dollars I had a motor that had been sitting outside for almost a year. Picked it up the next day with my friends truck, and low and behold the guy wasn’t even there, so he had a friend meet me there. I HAD TO PUT THIS MOTOR IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK MY SELF!!! Ne who, got it home and put it at my friends house where it has sat for the last month… finally got the free time to work on it, and started to disassemble it. First things first I took off the wiring harness, what a royal pain in the ass that was! I proceeded to put that in my car and went back to work. The next item of business was to swap the valve covers… THSES THINGS WERE CLEAN ENOUGH TO EAT OFF OF INSIDE!

Great choice of engine and really neat installation. My only reservation would be that the engine might have some rust in the cylinders for sitting so long.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo Best 0-60 5.2 seconds
http://www.turbochargerpower.com/turbo.htm

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Earl,
Did you see this??
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/046591.html

and what is up with this????
Send the 4speed cable braket to WCF to modify it (we can do that I bet.)

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
OMG THANKS FOR THAT LINK.... well, im off to work im gonna marinate this idea for a bit i would like to save 60 bucks
pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post

pred1tor83

1872 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Originally posted by revin:

Earl,
Did you see this??
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/046591.html

and what is up with this????
Send the 4speed cable braket to WCF to modify it (we can do that I bet.)

i ment the new clutch fork, so it will clear the stock crossover....

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
ok well heres a bump for those of you following this thread

For the first time in 3 years my fiero is shifting right see link below

Well I finally got that all squared away, the old motor is going to a good cause, a fellow forum member has purchased my 3.4….

The wiring harness is now completely done, with the exception of 3 or 4 wires that I need to splice into the Fiero’s harness… and too top it all off my bad a$$ soldering gun took a **** on me, well actually my dad, when he was installing his car stereo… that really blows cause this gun was nice, trigger style, with two LED’s to light up work subject.

But I have the whole harness wrapped up in conduit… the connectors are all nice and tidy… now I just need money and an ECM

At this point the build list only requires one addition

Things still left to buy, do modify:
Bend the new clutch a little free
Send the 4speed cable braket to WCF to modify it 60 dollars
Buy alternator 45 dollars
Buy starter 50 dollars
Buy flywheel from a 96 camaro 3800. and have machined down to .840” and balanced to the flexplate about 200 dollars
Buy 2 mounts from fast fieros 65*2
Buy ecm from fast fieros 150
Soldering gun 50 dollars

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post

pred1tor83

1872 posts
Member since Dec 2000
last post with the 3.4 in my sig

------------------

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post

pred1tor83

1872 posts
Member since Dec 2000
dammit i want page 2

the exhaust system i am going to be using

minus the cats

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post

pred1tor83

1872 posts
Member since Dec 2000
o yeah loyd u will get a call from me... try as i might i can only find one knock sensor.... the 99 ecm has 2, i am not sure what i am going to do about this
Excell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ExcellClick Here to visit Excell's HomePageSend a Private Message to ExcellDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pred1tor83:

o yeah loyd u will get a call from me... try as i might i can only find one knock sensor.... the 99 ecm has 2, i am not sure what i am going to do about this

Whichever side you found this knock sensor on, there is one in the exact same place on the other side of the block. If you don't see it, look for the hole it screws into. Then you just have to get another sensor.

Goodluck!

P.S. I agree, Loyde is the man! Loyde, we'll be in touch soon.

------------------
Chris Green
http://www.INTENSE-Racing.com

1986 Fiero SE 2M6 - No motor, no rear brakes, eyesore of the neighborhood...
1998 Grand Prix MP112 GTP - 11.48@117
1999 Ford F250 XLT 5.4l - 3800 Hauler!

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Excell:

Whichever side you found this knock sensor on, there is one in the exact same place on the other side of the block. If you don't see it, look for the hole it screws into. Then you just have to get another sensor.

Goodluck!

P.S. I agree, Loyde is the man! Loyde, we'll be in touch soon.

Yep, my engine didn't have any knock sensors on it when I got it. I need to find a couple myself. The holes are in the same position on both sides (verticle) Good build thread. I just added it to my favorites.

Kris

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock