Carbing a 3.4? by Floored10k
Started on: 02-17-2006 05:45 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Oreif on 02-17-2006 05:57 PM
Floored10k

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Floored10kSend a Private Message to Floored10kDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I'm getting ready to swap a 3.4L engine into my fiero, but haven't bought all the parts yet. I have read A LOT of swap threads and now have just a couple questions if someone could help me out...

The car: 86 Fiero (not GT) 2.5L Auto

I didnt want to have to deal with the wiring, so I heard of some ppl carbing theyre 3.4L. What do they do for their intake manifold? Also, what kind of carb (cfm) are they using? This will be the first engine I swap that isnt the same engine that came out, so I'm thinking the easier the better.
Can anyone post a build link where someone carbed their 3.4?
Can I leave the 3.4's accessories on there instead of putting on the ones from a 2.8? what kind of problems would I run into w/ the alternator, etc? It would save me having to go buy a 2.8L since the engine in the car right now is a 2.5.
Thanks for the help!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Floored10k

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Floored10kSend a Private Message to Floored10kDirect Link to This Post
Also, what all year ranges of the 3.4 can I run. I know that the 93-95 camaro/firebird are best...but what all will line up with the tranny and mounts? thanks again!
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
The intake manifold is made by Edelbrock and can be bought thru Jegs or Summit.
The carb is a 4-bbl 390 cfm Holley.

You can find many threads on the 223hp 3.4L I built. Just use the search and look thru the archives under my screen name and 3.4L carb.

As an example:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040710-1-037964.html

It can look like this:

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock