headlight help again... by jme
Started on: 01-18-2004 10:12 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: jme on 01-19-2004 02:59 PM
jme

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmeSend a Private Message to jmeDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I've rebuilt one of my headlight motors tonight, basically just installed a new gear and bushings, and the motor runs NICE and SMOOTH now but it operate backwards!! When lights are off it goes up, when light are on it goes down!! What have I done wrong??

Jim
86GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
does it happen to both lights?
jme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmeSend a Private Message to jmeDirect Link to This Post
No, just the one motor I rebuilt. I have two sets of lights. One from my spare 84 and one from my 86. I took all the motors apart looking for the best gear. I found one in great shape, even green bushing was intact. swapped gears andd put in new rubber bushings. I can't say for sure if I used a motor from the 84 or not. I kinda got the stuff all mixed together. I didn't think it would matter because the only difference between the motors is the shaft the big gear rides on correct? It either pokes out the right side or left side. Mechanically the motor works great, smooth and quiet, hits the limits just fine. I swapped the headlights and the problem moved with the rebuilt light..

Jim

AndyLPhoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyLPhotoClick Here to visit AndyLPhoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to AndyLPhotoDirect Link to This Post
jme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmeSend a Private Message to jmeDirect Link to This Post
Tks that fixed it. Rotated 180* and working right now. I tried searching the forum for this problem, but I couldn't find it. I guess I just didn't look long enough. I learned something new here almost everyday.

tks again
Jim

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock