2.8 Auto Unusual idle or miss? by jnsnet
Started on: 01-16-2004 12:10 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Weponhead on 01-20-2004 03:41 PM
jnsnet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jnsnetSend a Private Message to jnsnetDirect Link to This Post
Car has run great now for nearly two years, daily driver. My issue could be related to the cold but I'm not sure. New plugs, wires, distrib cap/button.

Okay I start the car(cold start in the morning) and it idles fine, on my way through the neighborhood, every time I come to a stop it start acting up. The exhaust almost makes a gurgle sound as it seems to almost stall. It never does, idle isn't all that eratic but just seems a little starved for gas or something. I pull out and its as smooth as silk. I run it up to 70-80 all the time with no issues, by the time I get to work or leave for lunch its fine. Could this be the IAC. Its about the only thing I haven't checked(replaced). Fuel filter is fairly new as well. This started about 1 1/2 months ago as the temp really started to get cold.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JT6666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JT6666Send a Private Message to JT6666Direct Link to This Post
Try the easiest thing first-
My 85 V6 would stall going from Park to Drive- I added an additional ground wire per $Rich$ 's post and problem resolved.
Link-
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/043240.html

BTW- Thank You $Rich$

Weponhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WeponheadSend a Private Message to WeponheadDirect Link to This Post
*bump* plz contact me jt6666 if you see this. YGPM

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock