coil spring Isolators by bobmarshall
Started on: 12-17-2003 10:50 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Unltd1 on 12-18-2003 10:45 AM
bobmarshall

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2003 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmarshallSend a Private Message to bobmarshallDirect Link to This Post
Anybody know where I can get the proper size coil spring Isolators. I checked at suspension restoration and they don't have the right size. Thanks.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Unltd1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2003 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post
Well I know of Polyurethane replacement ones and here they are
(from a thread I asked the same question in back when i first started..anyway scroll all the way to the bottom)

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20030204-2-025656.html

As far as the rubber ones, I dont know...

hope that helps, you can get the Poly ones in Black or Red.

-Darius

DanielKJenkins

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2003 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanielKJenkinsSend a Private Message to DanielKJenkinsDirect Link to This Post
I used some black rubber tubing in place of the isolators (I could not find any). I took the tubing and heated it slightly. I put some lithium grease on the springs and forced the tubing over about 1-1/2 coils.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2003 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I like that, think I will try it this summer.

Originally posted by DanielKJenkins:

I used some black rubber tubing in place of the isolators (I could not find any). I took the tubing and heated it slightly. I put some lithium grease on the springs and forced the tubing over about 1-1/2 coils.

bobmarshall

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2003 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmarshallSend a Private Message to bobmarshallDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ultd1: I contacted Summit and they did not show a listing for this part. I then called Engergy Suspension who makes the parts and they said this part is for a VW. How did you arrive at this part number? I does look like it is the same. The person at customer service said that since there was not listing for the 88 Fiero he was going to drop two in the mail for me no charge. That's customer service! Thanks for everyone's help.
Unltd1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2003 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by bobmarshall:
Thanks Unltd1: I contacted Summit and they did not show a listing for this part. I then called Engergy Suspension who makes the parts and they said this part is for a VW. How did you arrive at this part number? I does look like it is the same. The person at customer service said that since there was not listing for the 88 Fiero he was going to drop two in the mail for me no charge. That's customer service! Thanks for everyone's help.

yeah its for a Jetta, as to how I got the part number well I measured my old ones, jumped on Energy Suspension's website and looked in spring isolators, but under a generic measurement style page... and found some that matched my dimensions (accounting for smushed rubber portions)..

I dont know if those fit the 88 though, my suspension is the 84-87 style.. That is hella cool customer service like you say..

*I cant see why Summit wouldnt have them.. because when I ordered them, the guy I talked to at summit just looked up E.S's number in their book and ordered em for me.. but they were not free...LOL I hope they fit your car... I guess its time for me to get an 88 so I can find stuff like this for the 88s too.. Let me know if it fits tho cuz that will be cool..*

Glad I could be of some help (if it was indeed helpful)
-Darius

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock