fiero gauges to autometer gauges by Lt1 QuickSilver
Started on: 11-30-2003 12:26 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Razor_Wing on 12-01-2003 09:27 AM
Lt1 QuickSilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lt1 QuickSilverSend a Private Message to Lt1 QuickSilverDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone swapped out fiero gauges and went with autometer gauges if so how did it go. Did you purchase a custom harness?
Thanks LT1
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
80's BOY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 340
User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2003 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
Which guages are you replacing, the factory cluster in its entirety or just a couple ? I had oil/water and tach in the Phantom series and they were all manual. If you are speaking of electric I have no experience with them. I do believe that when you order you specify "GM Ford MOPAR" or whatever and they give you the wiring codes. Simple cut and splice I'm sure.
Lt1 QuickSilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lt1 QuickSilverSend a Private Message to Lt1 QuickSilverDirect Link to This Post
the whole cluster, with electric
Have fuel injected LT1 need signal back to PCM
from speedo, is amp in new electrical speedo?

[This message has been edited by Lt1 QuickSilver (edited 11-30-2003).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I don't have autometer gauges, but I swapped out all my Fiero gauges and build a custom harness to connect them. It's not that hard.

Also, all the Fiero gauges are already electric, so it should be just a matter of splicing the wires together.

And do you have an LT1 powered Quicksilver??! I'd love to see pics of that

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 11-30-2003).]

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lt1 QuickSilver:

Has anyone swapped out fiero gauges and went with autometer gauges if so how did it go. Did you purchase a custom harness?
Thanks LT1

Yep, replaced all plus added a few extra gauges.
To my knowledge there is no custom wiring harness.
Tideous work ...thank goodness I had a mechanic that atually enjoys that sort of stuff.

------------------

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
Here's a pic of Tina's set-up

It looks great.

Lt1 QuickSilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lt1 QuickSilverSend a Private Message to Lt1 QuickSilverDirect Link to This Post
dawound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dawoundSend a Private Message to dawoundDirect Link to This Post
tina, how did you get the guages to look so nice!? is that silver face plate around the guages plastic or a metal? did you just drill the holes into it to fit them in? man that looks sooo nice. i want to do somthing like that with a wood face can you tell me what you did? please? thanks
JacobHaley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JacobHaleySend a Private Message to JacobHaleyDirect Link to This Post
I thought the original speedo converted the speed signal and sent it back to the ECM. How did you overcome that Tina?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I'll tell how I did it...I still have the original circuit board for the speedo buried behind the dash, so the ECM still gets the signal after it goes through the divide by two circuit.
Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to do something almost identical to tina's when I do my interior build up. Why does the spedomer return to the ecu? What happens if it does'nt? I don't use the shift light or cruise control.

------------------

www.freewebs.com/fierogti

<>{RazorWing}<>

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay