Started on: 04-22-2003 12:59 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: Mr. Pat on 02-23-2004 06:08 PM
mrfixit58

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
I just aquired a set of stock Corvette shorty headers. I'm not sure what year but I'd guess early 90s. The length of the collector is 6 7/8" compaired to the 4 3/4" on the Sanderson. For those of you with the V8, do you think the Corvette headers would work for a V8 conversion?

The Corvette headers are in really good shape and I may be able to sell them on ebay to offset the cost of some that may fit better, but if they will work, it'd save me a couple of $$$.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show - 7/2003

IP: Logged
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

I just aquired a set of stock Corvette shorty headers. I'm not sure what year but I'd guess early 90s. The length of the collector is 6 7/8" compaired to the 4 3/4" on the Sanderson. For those of you with the V8, do you think the Corvette headers would work for a V8 conversion?

The Corvette headers are in really good shape and I may be able to sell them on ebay to offset the cost of some that may fit better, but if they will work, it'd save me a couple of $$$.

unless theyre from an 81 they probably wont work. the 86-91 era manifold that you say you have will interfere with the alternator and compressor. The Primary coming out of cylinder #1 drops down and then to the center. Where it drops down will interfere with the alternator. You wont be able to run your AC because you would have to move the alternator to where the compressor is located.

The manifold from an 81 vette will work. The #1 primary goes towards the center then down so it won't interfere with the alternator. I just picked up a set of these on ebay for $70 shipped. Since its a factory manifold, chances are its made of the same stainless that the fiero V6 manifolds are made from.

IIRC, your V8 car is an automatic. You'll have more clearence problems because the auto trans case is larger than a manual. Mr Pat just had his LT1/4T60E combo done, and he used 81 corvette manifolds.

Hope this helps.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com Support Mental Health, or I'll Kill Ya!!
Yellow Formula Signature

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

... unless theyre from an 81 they probably wont work.
Hope this helps.

Yes, that helps a LOT ( already have a + for you ). Looks like they go in the ebay pile.

Thanks,
Roy

[This message has been edited by mrfixit58 (edited 02-23-2004).]

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I have 81 vette manifolds. Just keep your eyes on ebay and youll get em for pretty cheap. MIne were $61+shipping. Everywhere else I looked was $90 a manifold. Too much for a 23yr old piece of iron IMO.

------------------
1986 GT, LT1/4T60E
http://hometown.aol.com/ptfiero/index.html
On the forum
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045554.html
more in depth look
http://dtcc.cz28.com/LT1build/index.htm

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C