13th Daytona Weekend by Dragon
Started on: 12-29-2008 10:36 PM
Replies: 61 (2148 views)
Last post by: LT188GT on 05-04-2010 09:52 AM
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checking to see if anyone is thinking about rolling in for the March show inside the Daytona International Speedway?

------------------

3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Lambo Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You already know my answer.
What about breakfast on Friday morning?
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would not mind going again

It would be interesting to know many others want to go so we can make reservations

http://www.planetdeland.com/sugarmill/index.htm

Frank

Originally posted by LT188GT:

You already know my answer.
What about breakfast on Friday morning?

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested. I don't know how much to budget for this trip. I knew I had more than enough for the 25th and wasn't afraid to use it. For Daytona, I may be a little tight. I still want to try and make it. I don't see any reason why I can't.
ss85fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ss85fieroSend a Private Message to ss85fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in! Hopefully my car will be there this time as well.

------------------

87 fiero gt 4.9
99 trans am ws6
86 s/e

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there

------------------

Sail Panel Window Alternative //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043053.html
My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll sure be there! Probably make the whole trip in one day.

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At this time I am going to make the trip. Hope to spend Friday and Saturday there and then head back home.

Jack

------------------
If you can not run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to be there.

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 4 speed Auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Counting the days. Put us on the list for breakfast.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

Counting the days. Put us on the list for breakfast.

For me it's 84 days and 23 hours.
I have a count down clock.

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are going to try and go over Saturday, we may spend the night but we cant make a commitment just yet.
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in, should be there Friday and Saturday.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
78 days for me.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
70 days for me.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Everyone

Yesterday I booked a reservation for a full week in Daytona beach.. and as it turns out .. I'll be there for the Daytona show (geeze, I sure didn't know there was a Fiero Show on that weekend, sorry g/f lol)... I'll be able to drop by and say hello and see all the Fieros however I won't have my fiero with me

See you all at the show!
-Alex

------------------
I have a Fiero.. Weeeee

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to be there too, but my Fiero will belong to someone else by then so it won't be there.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I'm going to be there too, but my Fiero will belong to someone else by then so it won't be there.

you selling ?? Why !?
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a reminder to register your car so you can get inside the track.
For car registration, call (386) 255-7355
I received my form in the mail yesterday and I sent in the $25.
I believe that you can register at the track, but IIRC it will be $30.
The price is for the three (3) days.

www.daytonabeachcarshows.com

The above site will have a button to click on to get a registration form that you can print out and mail in.
It will also have info about prices before and after the $25 / $30 time limit.

See you in Daytona

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for $25 I get to bring my car inside the show and park anywhere I want or I have to park in a specific section? oh and whats this about bring on the track, you can't walk on it without paying $25? Sorry if I'm a noob, it's my first show at Daytona. Maybe I could ender my roadtrip car in the show and be next to Fiero's

------------------
I have a Fiero.. Weeeee

PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieros normally park in the #4 turn in the infield. $25 preregister fee is for your car to be inside. If you just want to wander in, it may be $15 to enter the gate (at least that what it was for the Turkey Run in November ). I parked in the shopping center across the street as the parking lot may be jammed.. Daytona USA has tours of the track for a few bucks.

At the Turkey Run, I never got out of the car corral as there were lots and lots of cars for sale.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 01-16-2009).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

for $25 I get to bring my car inside the show and park anywhere I want or I have to park in a specific section? oh and whats this about bring on the track, you can't walk on it without paying $25? Sorry if I'm a noob, it's my first show at Daytona. Maybe I could ender my roadtrip car in the show and be next to Fiero's

You pay the $25 fee and get a show sticker and you can drive any car into the show and park wherever you can.
2 years ago we drove the wife's daily driver Grand Prix in and parked near the Fieros.
Yellowstone paid $25 for show sticker 2 years ago and drove in with a rental Corvette.
Last year I "stickered" my son's Silverado, (our tow vehicle), *and* my Fiero. The Fiero stayed parked in the show all day while the rest of the family could come and go as they pleased.
$25 beats walking from outside the track any day in my book.
They don't allow anyone on the track.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
66 days for me as I will be there on Thursday.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
They don't allow anyone on the track.

I seem to remember someone getting on the track last year.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

I seem to remember someone getting on the track last year.

You're dreamin
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dreams must come true
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some favorite Daytona track photos

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Frank any way possible we can get on the track? I know its been a few years since it was allowed but you never know.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dreams must come true

OK OK....
I'll let everyone in on the "secret", since certain people can't seem to keep their mouths shut
(and they have photo evidence on me....)
I went back over to the track on Sunday last year after most everyone had left and politely asked one of the guards if we could roll out onto the track section and shoot a few quick photos.
You have to go to the opposite end of the track from where we gather with the Fieros, and they will only let you onto the apron area in the "Superstretch" portion of the track, but you can get real creative with photo angles from there and the inside wall on one side and the grandstands on the other side make great backgrounds.

I do believe that if we arranged something with the organizers we might be able to get either a group shot or individual shots in the same area this year, but I think it would have to be done on Sunday, as Saturday is obviously very busy to attempt that sort of thing, plus every other car group there will doubtless want to do the same thing.
Maybe Frank can speak with whoever he might have contact with?

I'll even volunteer to shoot the photos and distribute hi-res files via email to everyone.

Yes, I know...going the wrong way.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-19-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I'm up for some pictures if that's possible.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Frank any way possible we can get on the track? I know its been a few years since it was allowed but you never know.

Unhappily because of insurance and the number of cars at the track I doubt you will see laps again.

Static shots might be in order though

Frank
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My countdown clock shows 59 days 14 hours 53 min.
I plan on heading out on the Thursday prior.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i know i am definatly looking forward to it !!

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

WOW Tony!
You gotta be one happy man right now.
The chop looks fantastic!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW Tony!
You gotta be one happy man right now.
The chop looks fantastic!

Words cannot describe.
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MMMMmmmmm, I might be able to make it. Let me check some things, but I think it would be a great opportunity to meet all of you locals, and some foreigners lol. Since my car should be running (again) mid week hopefully I will continue working out the bugs and hopefully not have many more problems.

Ill keep ya posted on my attendance status, how far is Jax from there? I have a buddy that would let me stay there so I dont have to get a hotel.

-Joe
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Congrats Tony. Nice to see you have her back.

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

MMMMmmmmm, I might be able to make it. Let me check some things, but I think it would be a great opportunity to meet all of you locals, and some foreigners lol. Since my car should be running (again) mid week hopefully I will continue working out the bugs and hopefully not have many more problems.

Ill keep ya posted on my attendance status, how far is Jax from there? I have a buddy that would let me stay there so I dont have to get a hotel.

-Joe

Jax isn't too far away, you should be able to make it in less than 2 hours. What part of town?

[This message has been edited by mikejhjr (edited 01-26-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock