Started on: 01-25-2023 02:20 PM
Replies: 4 (262 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 01-28-2023 11:50 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2023 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been reading Kevin Cameron’s articles for over 40 years. He has a unique talent for getting right to the point, something that is missing in most of what I read, regardless of subject matter. He doesn’t waste the reader’s time.

He writes about technical aspects of motorcycles, whether it is suspension, engine theory or aerodynamics, he has a great grasp of physics and makes each subject comprehensible to a reader with an average background.

I post this because almost everything he writes is relevant to cars and airplanes, as well.

Here is a link to a recent article that I wanted to share because some might find interesting.

https://www.cycleworld.com/...ence-drag-explained/

------------------
"I did not have classified documents with that woman!"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2023 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find it downright fascinating, but I'm an aerodynamics geek anyways.

Thanks for posting, it gives a lot to think about.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2023 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Technically speaking, yes, a Pontiac nose.
Modix 3D
With a printer of such capabilities, it's feasible to create the first composite Fiero chassis, less than a ton.
That would make it lively, hmmmn ?

How to Set Up FreeCad for CFD in CaeLinux
FreeCad - Run a Cfd Analysis in CaeLinux
FreeCad - More Powerful Surfacing
Test the induced drag of your desk mouse.
Then, test the airflow through the radiator behind the custom nose you've printed for your '86 GT, the one with the turbos, go faster.

Nice big 3D printer.

Yep, it's a plan.

A century ago, just five years after the War and pandemic, this work was inconceivable to aerodynamicists, in '80, it was the the realm of supercomputer servers.
Very powerful software that technically interested users should learn to exploit for improved Fiero engine efficiency, perhaps designing their Duke's new canted valve cylinder head.
A kid could dream of high clouds in which to fly.

There's more...

Less drag, longer gears for more speed with the same power,
This is powerful, the machining of gears is still very specialized, requiring large capital investments to produce on a large scale.

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 01-28-2023).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2023 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, like, you say you need more power behind you, and the Duke is beginning to knock and ping.

Why then, ' make ' your Fiero a 40th anniversary gift, a new cylinder head that you made for her.

The Model, to adapt to the Duke.
Heh, heh, heh.
A sinister plot to make more power.
Austin Powers arrives in the thoroughly modern sports car, gull wing doors, and, and...
Dr Evil raises an eyebrow.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2023 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm already thinking ahead to an electric velomobile for next winters project (yeh, I never learn )

Base it on this idea, use kids bikes for the front and 24-26 for the rear, custom frame between and it should (might) be a good platform for a streamline body. I dunno yet, either art-deco style or Polaris Slingshot.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock