Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Not the biggest prehistoric flying reptile, but maybe the most fearsome looking

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Not the biggest prehistoric flying reptile, but maybe the most fearsome looking by rinselberg
Started on: 01-17-2023 05:32 AM
Replies: 8 (289 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 01-22-2023 07:46 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2023 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who doesn't like prehistoric flying reptiles? Not me. A small plastic replica of one was one of my favorites. I was fortunate enough to grow up with a "Dinosaur World" set.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
Thapunngaka shawi

Robby Berman for Big Think; updated January 2023.
https://bigthink.com/the-past/thapunngaka-shawi/

Australian Geographic; August 9, 2021.
https://www.australiangeogr...-reptile-discovered/

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
OldsFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2023 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2023 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quetzalcoatl was the biggest (Known) Pterosaur.....I would really like to see a living specimen of one of these- from behind a glass wall!

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 01-17-2023).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2023 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Quetzalcoatl was the biggest (Known) Pterosaur.....I would really like to see a living specimen of one of these- from behind a glass wall!

The days of the zoo would be over if they could put animals back into wild as pretty sure you can't go catch an animal for the zoo. I don't think it will happen reanimating animals for a public show but we know it goes on with cloning.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2023 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

They would be cool. They should maybe make a movie about that maybe.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2023 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on a scifi story since I was in my teens (Back in another Century (Yikes) One of the crazy ideas I had was a kid talking to his Grandfather and asking "You mean zoos used to just have regular animals- not prehistoric creatures? That would be boring!"

When I read Jurassic Park back in 1991, I was really impressed with the idea of getting DNA from insects trapped in amber- Michael Crighton was not the originator of this idea- He had read some articles by a scientist (George Poinar, Jr.) who actually came up with the concept with his wife.

One thing I realized while watching Jurassic Park was that you should NEVER re-create creatures that can FLY- they can then get out and cause havoc. Truthfully, a few bullets from a large "Big Game" gun would take any (Land-based) dinosaur down relatively easily...

Some of the best Dino simulations in a movie before JP was in an obscure movie; The Valley of Gwangi (They Rope an Alosaurus)

Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2023 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny, i just watched a little mini-doc on youtube about these guys about a week ago.

Very interesting animals, would be scary as all hell to see one fly over your house.

Its amazing how big animals grew to be back then. I guess a big reason was the oxygen count in the atmosphere back then was much denser than today, allowing animals to grow to just large sizes.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2023 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was experimenting with an AI photo program a couple months back, and just for fun I had converted a friend's photo of an American Bittern to... well, to whatever the flying reptile is that's being discussed here in this thread.

Original photo....

AI (Stable Diffusion) generated image...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2023 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock