Started on: 11-29-2022 01:09 PM
Replies: 13 (268 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 12-04-2022 01:33 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2022 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, a midnight snack.

2 packs of Ramen noodles. Cook and drain.
Some cubed-up Spam. Toss it in.
Soup/sauce mix from the noodles (AKA: MSG and artificial flavors and color). Dump it on and stir it all together.
Sprinkle with Rooster sauce and lots of black pepper.

I saw that qualifies as a snack of pasta with meat sauce.

Spousal unit says it's gross and is threatening a forced psyc eval since I am evidently mental to even think of eating that.

Who is right here ?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2022 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Spousal unit says it's gross and is threatening a forced psyc eval since I am evidently mental to even think of eating that.

Who is right here ?

Both of you.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2022 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Who is right here ?

Depends on how much clothing you wore while making it (and eating it). Also, WHERE you eat it. ANNND what utensil(s).

Fully clothed, in the kitchen, using a fork?
Start belting out "We are the champion", cuz' you WON, son!

Lying naked in the bathtub, using your hand?

Hear those aproachin' sirens? They're playin' YOUR song...
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2022 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Hear those aproachin' sirens? They're playin' YOUR song...

They're coming to take him away ha ha. They're coming to take him away hee hee to trees and flowers and chirping birds...

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2022 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

They're coming to take him away ha ha. They're coming to take him away hee hee to trees and flowers and chirping birds...

Heh, do you know they made several of those songs? The guy, the gal's response, then the guy after he's been in the loony bin awhile, and then another one with the gal... (there's 4-6 of those songs, they're on YouTube. Some get kinda STRANGE.)
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2022 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Heh, do you know they made several of those songs? The guy, the gal's response, then the guy after he's been in the loony bin awhile, and then another one with the gal... (there's 4-6 of those songs, they're on YouTube. Some get kinda STRANGE.)

I bought that 45 when I was a kid. The flip side was everything backwards, the audio and the label.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-29-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2022 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
High fallooting cuisine.

Boil 2-3 Qts salted water.
Add 1 tsp basil
reduce heat to simmer Kraft Dinner until tender.
stir in the basil ring around the pot.
make cheese sauce normally,
or,
use oil in place of margarine, olive makes for sharp taste.
coffee whitener or evap milk, powdered milk, water.

Imported Canned Corned Beef

Slice 1/2 " thk, bake in pan to desired crispyness.
experiment with bbq sauces in fridge, for variation on the theme.
bon appétit !
Zone out to Yellowstone,
Take a nap.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2022 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

High fallooting cuisine.

Boil 2-3 Qts salted water.
Add 1 tsp basil
reduce heat to simmer Kraft Dinner until tender.
stir in the basil ring around the pot.
make cheese sauce normally,
or,
use oil in place of margarine, olive makes for sharp taste.
coffee whitener or evap milk, powdered milk, water.

Imported Canned Corned Beef

Slice 1/2 " thk, bake in pan to desired crispyness.
experiment with bbq sauces in fridge, for variation on the theme.
bon appétit !
Zone out to Yellowstone,
Take a nap.

Gonna put you on the Lifestyles of the Not So Rich and Famous..

They're gonna put us on
Lifestyles of the not so rich and famous
They want to see us go hog wild
Over beans and barbecue
They want to see my Fairlane up on blocks
The holes in all our socks
Talkin' 'bout lifestyles of the not so rich and famous

Yeah our idea of high class livin'
Is sittin' on the porch on a cool night
Our Champagne and Caviar
Is an RC cola and a moon pie

I'm talkin' 'bout lifestyles of the not so rich and famous Lifestyles of the not so rich and famous

Corned Beef. (Red Death) what a waste of good brisket!!
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2022 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, a midnight snack.

2 packs of Ramen noodles. Cook and drain.
Some cubed-up Spam. Toss it in.
Soup/sauce mix from the noodles (AKA: MSG and artificial flavors and color). Dump it on and stir it all together.
Sprinkle with Rooster sauce and lots of black pepper.

Who is right here ?

I definitely wouldn't call that a "snack" unless you were 1000 pounds, but I also don't think it necessitates a psychiatric evaluation. I would say it's probably somewhere in the middle... an unhealthy lunch. But if you're running 8 miles a day, then it makes no difference.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2022 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
High Fallootin cuisine is Grey Pupon on the corn-dogs.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2022 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
BTW, T/A, you dont know my metabolism.

That IS just a "snack", so is 2 double burgers or 3-4 hot-dogs.

A "meal" is 2 full plates or bowls, sometimes 3 if I'm hungry. Plus bread/buns, coffee, and ice-cream or cookies.

I can also suck a pot of coffee from 7-10 or so, go to bed, and sleep like a corpse. Gettin "the job done properly" takes at least 24 regular beers, or 18 tall-boys. I've given up trying on that, my kidneys dont hold that much anymore.

221 and 6-2 at the docs last week.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-30-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2022 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bai Big Mac

Noodles done Right Recipe !

' I thought everyone knew what corned beef is and how it is made. '
Boston Brisket Company

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 12-02-2022).]

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2022 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 pack chicken flavored Ramen, cooked per directions, except minimal water.
1/2 onion, diced, or thereabouts. Microwave for 90 seconds
maybe 1/4 lb leftover Thanksgiving turkey, also kinda diced.
Add random spices from cupboard to taste.

That was my dinner. I enjoyed it.

Anything with Spam is an abomination to Man and God. Spousal unit is technically correct. (Which is the best kind of correct.) You neeed a psych eval.

I need a psych eval.

EVERYBODY NEEDS A PSYCH EVAL!

(At least everyone here.)
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2022 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW, T/A, you dont know my metabolism.

That IS just a "snack", so is 2 double burgers or 3-4 hot-dogs.

A "meal" is 2 full plates or bowls, sometimes 3 if I'm hungry. Plus bread/buns, coffee, and ice-cream or cookies.

I can also suck a pot of coffee from 7-10 or so, go to bed, and sleep like a corpse. Gettin "the job done properly" takes at least 24 regular beers, or 18 tall-boys. I've given up trying on that, my kidneys dont hold that much anymore.

221 and 6-2 at the docs last week.

That is EXACTLY what I am right now. 6'2" and ~220.

But I cannot have a snack like that. When I was in high school, as I was walking home, I would go to McDonalds. I would eat three double-quarter pounders with cheese from McDonalds, eat all the fries, and even one of the drinks. THEN I'd go home and eat whatever it was that my mom was making for dinner.

The thing is, I was running about 8 or 9 miles 6 days a week for track. I say 8-9 miles, but really... I only started counting the number of miles I was running, after walking 1.5 miles TO the place I was going to run, AFTER already doing various exercises that the coach made us do (suicide runs is what he called them), and that was after the fact that I lived 1 mile away from school anyway, so I walked a mile to school. THEN, after my run, I'd walk the 1.5 miles back from where we were running, back to our track at school, do some last minute drills, and THEN walk home the mile again. So that would come out to 13-14 miles basically every single day except Saturday, in which case I just ran on my own. The place where we generally started doing our run was this long stretch of railroad track in the DC metro area of northern Virginia that had been converted to a running track. It went through Reston, Vienna, McLean, and a bunch of other places. At the time, I was skin and bones... I mean, I was muscular too... but there was really no fat on my body.

But as soon as I graduated high school... I basically stopped exercising, and it caught up with me. I've never been fat, but now in my 40s, I definitely, definitely cannot eat like that now. It sucks getting old, it really does. I'm not really "old" in my mid 40s, but that's the age where I realize that I'm not a kid anymore... and I have to start taking my health seriously.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock