Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Just how crazy can we go with this hobby ?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Just how crazy can we go with this hobby ? by MidEngineManiac
Started on: 11-25-2022 07:48 PM
Replies: 8 (140 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 11-26-2022 10:41 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2022 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have GOT to get me one of those !

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2022 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back in the 70s, I bought a Hot Rod magazine that had a article on Bonneville racers that were really crazy- They had one that had two giant rubber bands, one used a JATO unit, and another used a Corn-Cob 4360 aircraft engine...all ended in semi-disaster. Apparently, this was a joke article- I tried looking up some of the vehicle-ideas online and nothing came up.

The corn-cob racer was just the engine nacelle and prop with a seat behind and wheels underneath- it (Supposedly) got away from the driver and he tried to catch it but forgot about the >>>> PROPELLER<<<< (chop-chop)

The Corncob engine was aircraft engine with FOUR rows of seven cylinders each- so TWENTY-EIGHT cylinders...Officially called by it's total cubic inches; 4360 (71.5 liters)

I have it somewhere- but my filing system is a bit....disorganized....

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 11-25-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2022 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just proves that WHATEVER it is, you CAN put a motor of some sort on it !!!!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2022 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasp Major.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2022 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Wasp Major.

Years ago, I knew an old driver who used to do maintenance on the B-36. I said that it must have been a real PIT to adjust the valves, and he told me something that should have been obvious. He said they just swapped them out and tuned them up on a stand. I have always loved the R-4360.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2022 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would it fit on one of these ?

https://www.xperiencehomehe...blue-with-8a-charger

Oh, hell ya ! We can make anything fit anything !!

(Seriously, dunno if I'll go for it yet but I got a line on one of those scooters for $150. Dont need another project lines up, but OTOH low rider with a racing cart engine ,ight be fun )
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2022 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This will be MEM, next week:

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2022 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even I know not to throw water on a fuel fire......use varsol to choke the ox-y-gen.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2022 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More R-4360 magnificence:
My all time favorite airplane, generally and specifically

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock