Started on: 11-22-2022 06:20 PM
Replies: 11 (197 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 11-23-2022 11:27 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2022 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this while driving across Arkansas.

Didn’t realize Razorbacks didn’t tag their school buses….

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/43/03/3D0346B9-5EC8-47BC-8B50-687F7071AE5C/IMG_3629.HEIC
Well heck, that didn’t work.
------------------
Rams

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun.........

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 11-22-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2022 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-22-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2022 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don,
Texted the pic to you.
I think you'll understand the "interesting" part once you see it.

Edited: After viewing those pictures, I'm doubting this bus was owned/operated by any school board but admittedly, I could be wrong on that.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 11-23-2022).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2022 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Don,
Texted the pic to you.
I think you'll understand the "interesting" part once you see it.

Rams

If you’re using iOS 11 or later, you may have noticed that photos taken with your iPhone camera are saved as HEIC files instead of the previous format, JPG. This new file format was introduced to offer better compression while still preserving image quality. The problem with HEIC is that it’s not widely compatible with other apps or devices, and you may not be able to open a HEIC photo after moving it to your computer.

https://backlightblog.com/iphone-heic-to-jpg
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2022 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
https://backlightblog.com/iphone-heic-to-jpg

Well, while interesting, it isn't worth going to any trouble over.

Cliff, please delete this entire thread.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2022 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it means my non iOS11 phone can't download HEIC format images

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-22-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2022 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it means my non iOS11 phone can't download HEIC format images

Well, I still don't have an interest in pursuing it. It was a cute pic. Doesn't matter.

Rams

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2022 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can change the format in the iPhone's settings so it saves as jpg.

Windows used to offer the codec for free, now charges 99 cents for it.

There's a workaround.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2022 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

You can change the format in the iPhone's settings so it saves as jpg.

Windows used to offer the codec for free, now charges 99 cents for it.

There's a workaround.

Thanks, it's just not that important.
Moved the pics to my laptop where I can post it from there..

But here's the story, driving across Arkansas with a small trailer in tow (Valkyrie on board). Saw up ahead merging with traffic a yellow school bus. Something many of us see on a daily basis. No big deal. I slid over a lane to make sure I would not be a problem with the merger but, other than that. A normal everyday driving experience.

Wasn't paying particular attention to the school bus any more than all the other traffic but as in most cases, I was traveling faster and gaining on the bus. As I passed the bus, I just happened to glance over at it. In the rear of the bus, I saw this. I then slowed back down so my wife could take the pics and allow me to share what I thought was something slightly unique.

Actually, I admire Razorbacks, schooling is very important ya know.

I thought to myself, now there's something you don't see every day. Actually, I think it's a pretty good way to use an old school bus. Especially if one doesn't have to tag it. But I do think I'd have to have all those windows down.

Rams

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2022 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I thought to myself, now there's something you don't see every day. Actually, I think it's a pretty good way to use an old school bus. Especially if one doesn't have to tag it. But I do think I'd have to have all those windows down.

Rams

That's pretty funny! In Central America, the local population uses old school buses as their primary means of transportation. Places like Honduras or Guatemala do not have public transit, so entrepreneurs took it upon themselves to create a bus route in cities like Comayagua or Tegucigalpa. They literally take a retired school bus from a school district, and then either paint it... or sometimes leave it just as it is. They go around to various blocks stopping and picking people up on the street corners. Many of the people who use these school buses bring animals and stuff, mostly chickens and things like that. So they're referred to as "chicken buses."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...t_in_Central_America

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2022 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There weren't many ful size buses in the Philipines but there were thousands of Jeepneys. They're legendary for getting all modded up with visuals.
Yes, I've ridden them and seen pigs chickens, parrots and monkeys in crates or on leashes.

jeepney search

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2022 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There weren't many ful size buses in the Philipines but there were thousands of Jeepneys. They're legendary for getting all modded up with visuals.
Yes, I've ridden them and seen pigs chickens, parrots and monkeys in crates or on leashes.

jeepney search

OMG, the front actually looks like a Jeep Wagoneer... which I guess is the point. That's cool...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock