Started on: 11-18-2022 02:48 AM
Replies: 10 (198 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 12-01-2022 05:12 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2022 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ugh, when it rains, it burns sometimes. Was made aware of this guy's situation yesterday morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj7cFTsEoUs&t=5s

This guy had a heart attack about a year ago, and like many folks, he's been in 'financial hardship' for awhile, and he has contemplated selling off the crafts he has made... A recent fire made that whole mental exercise moot, as his whole house and workshop 9and all the stuff in it) burned down.

Guy's still pretty much in a state of shock. only has the clothes he had on, and I think he is currently in a local hotel. Not sure what family/friends/support structure the guy has.

But I was sitting on a train this morning on the way to work, and just felt bad for what he has gone through. We had two floods happen, and its no fun dealing with that type of stuff...

Trying to help him get through the next month or so so he can get back on his feet and maybe reduce his stress a little while doing so. Not asking for $ from you guys, but if you have a YouTube account, would you mind taking a moment and subscribing to his channel? A New Subscriber = an email alert , and seeing that folks "out there" are subscribing to him even though he's not making new videos...I think that might help his brain a little.

We made a quickie gofundme, and that's been successful. But , like I said, even just subscribing to him would probably make him feel a little better.

I really don't know the guy, but just kinda felt compelled to help.

Have a good weekend.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2022 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Ugh, when it rains, it burns sometimes. Was made aware of this guy's situation yesterday morning...

Damn, that was tough to watch. The emotion in the fella's voice was heart-wrenching.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2022 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Damn, that was tough to watch. The emotion in the fella's voice was heart-wrenching.

Yeah. I think he's been through a lot...

He's doing better, though. And he's made a bunch of new friends.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2022 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12453 posts
Member since Jan 2012
Fundraising objective reached in two days!

sweet.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2022 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Excellent!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2022 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Excellent!

Update - its SO good to hear the difference in his voice.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2022 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

its SO good to hear the difference in his voice.

Yeah, big difference!

That's a heckuva nice "shed" his mom owns. Would hold a lot of Fieros!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-27-2022).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2022 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a few jaw dropping donations. Spoke with the guy and he is in MUCH better shape.

One annoying thing is that I didn't realize he lives in Australia, and I'm in the US, and gofundme only deals with US banks. Ugh.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2022 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One annoying thing is that I didn't realize he lives in Australia...

You couldn't tell from his Aussie accent that maybe, just maybe, that he lived in Australia?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2022 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You couldn't tell from his Aussie accent that maybe, just maybe, that he lived in Australia?

I had only watched the one video, and it was on a packed train.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2022 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had only watched the one video, and it was on a packed train.

Ah... not that this totally excuses you , but I thought you were familiar with him and his videos.

Is there an issue getting the GoFundMe proceeds Down Under?

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock