Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Republicans tout Infrastructure projects in Biden/Democrats bill they voted against

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Republicans tout Infrastructure projects in Biden/Democrats bill they voted against by rinselberg
Started on: 01-22-2022 04:04 AM
Replies: 3 (192 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 01-22-2022 04:09 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2022 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MSNBC politics anchor Mehdi Hasan
Air date: January 21, 2022.
Video content: 2 min 20 sec

I'm posting this just to see if anyone has any thoughts about it. Including "Thanks, but it's not worth my time."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-22-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2022 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
INWMT
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2022 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is comical, to suspect, imply or accuse the politicians of hypocrisy.
For example, I disagreed with ALL lockdowns AND ALL bailouts and payments related to covid lockdowns, BUT the Government sent me 2 checks, so I did not return them, I spent them. The fact of the matter is that sending the 2 checks back to an anonymous source at an irresponsible Government system would not prove anything to anyone. Exactly the same way as disagreement over legalization of gambling and illicit drug tax income going to "schools", should I take my kids out of those schools? No. The system is corrupt and extensive, so should I move out of the United States because I can't avoid the corruption? Where does the "send the money back, or else your are a hypocrite" end?
If the Republicans get a peace of the package, then they should spend it wisely in a manner in which they feel fit. AND, rightfully so, those Republicans have the right to say they have done something positive amidst such negative circumstances. To deny any allotted funding would not only deny their constituents services and repairs but would also prove to be a pointless protest of the corruption. I am not of the opinion that every person in those politicians districts are of the exact same mindset and philosophy as the elected politicians,,...so even if the politicians voted against the "bill" there is no doubt that amongst the voters in those districts, people wanted the "bill" to pass and projects to be completed with the allotted resources.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 01-22-2022).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2022 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
This is comical, to suspect, imply or accuse the politicians of hypocrisy.
For example, I disagreed with ALL lockdowns AND ALL bailouts and payments related to covid lockdowns, BUT the Government sent me 2 checks, so I did not return them, I spent them. The fact of the matter is that sending the 2 checks back to an anonymous source at an irresponsible Government system would not prove anything to anyone. Exactly the same way as disagreement over legalization of gambling and illicit drug tax income going to "schools", should I take my kids out of those schools? No. The system is corrupt and extensive, so should I move out of the United States because I can't avoid the corruption? Where does the "send the money back, or else your are a hypocrite" end?
If the Republicans get a peace of the package, then they should spend it wisely in a manner in which they feel fit. AND, rightfully so, those Republicans have the right to say they have done something positive amidst such negative circumstances. To deny any allotted funding would not only deny their constituents services and repairs but would also prove to be a pointless protest of the corruption. I am not of the opinion that every person in those politicians districts are of the exact same mindset and philosophy as the elected politicians,,...so even if the politicians voted against the "bill" there is no doubt that amongst the voters in those districts, people wanted the "bill" to pass and projects to be completed with the allotted resources.

This catches my eye first, among those thoughts:

If the Republicans get a peace of the package, then they should spend it wisely in a manner in which they feel fit. AND, rightfully so, those Republicans have the right to say they have done something positive amidst such negative circumstances.

Have any of the three Republicans that were singled out in that video actually done anything positive, with respect to Infrastructure, and the particular Infrastructure projects in their own districts or states that they are highlighting for their constituents, or for their election campaign backers and donors?

I appreciate those thoughts, Rick.

I think it is remarkable to contrast the language that these Republicans are using to highlight these Infrastructure projects, with the language that they used when they described why they were voting against the Infrastructure Bill. In the first two examples. Especially the first example, of the Congresswoman who went so far as to rail against the Infrastructure bill as "textbook Marxism" when she voted against it.

I am not sure if he presented that contrast for the last example that he cited.

I think that people who want to become candidates and unseat these Republicans, or run in other elections as Democrats, could look at using examples like this in their own election campaign ads and appearances. I am sure that is not an uncommon thing, already.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-22-2022).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock