Started on: 01-21-2022 08:56 AM
Replies: 5 (187 views)
Last post by: Mytime on 01-22-2022 08:22 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2022 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on a shredder/grinder. I need a low-rpm 115v gear motor. (Dont want to eff around with power supplies, i want it simple)

It's going to be driving one of these https://www.amazon.ca/gp/pr...A2W9OOZ8VCS5XW&psc=1

with plastic dropped on top via a tube to be shredded. There wont be a LOT of torque needed, but somehow my 1st thought of a microwave turntable motor is probably underpowered. I need bigger than that.

The concept behind the idea is to be able to shred failed prints/supports ect into a fairly fine format for re-use in either a pellet extruder or remaking filament plus mold casting. A lot of guys use wood chippers, power planers, paper shredders ect but that's not a fine enough cut for my needs. I've tried a blender and while that works they last about 30 minutes before the blade/motor coupling is toast.

Ideally it would be something common so when (not if) I blow up one motor I can just hit a thrift store/marketplace ect and get a fast-cheap-easy replacement. This sint a final version, its just a proof-of-concept build to try out the idea.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 01-21-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2022 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
paper shredder
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2022 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was going to offer up the nut grinder my wife has in the kitchen but, it appears he wants a powered version.

Rams
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2022 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kim has one of those too.....I try to stay FAAARRRRRRR away from it !!!!

I've tied one, and the rotary cheese shredders. Same as a regular blender they just arent durable enough.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 01-21-2022).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2022 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know about up in Canookville, but down here you can get an agle grinder for $10 from Harbor Freight.
Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2022 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock