Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  One Year into the Biden Administration.....

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
One Year into the Biden Administration..... by olejoedad
Started on: 01-19-2022 07:27 PM
Replies: 35 (548 views)
Last post by: randye on 01-31-2022 05:58 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.washingtonexami...f-democratic-control

What are your thoughts as to the current Administration?

Is America better off now that it was four years ago?

Are you and your family better off than four years ago?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Giving almost complete control of 2 out of the 3 branches of our federal government to Demorats is like giving a loaded handgun, car keys and your wallet to a drunk teenager.

So far the results from Brandon have been similarly predictabe.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

https://www.washingtonexami...f-democratic-control

What are your thoughts as to the current Administration? This is a family forum and I try not to use that language in front of children anyway.

Is America better off now that it was four years ago? Based on everything I see, hear and read, NO.

Are you and your family better off than four years ago? Not even close!

I sure hope one of the two dominate political parties puts a Conservative up for election. I can always hope...........

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-19-2022).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am completely demoralized and have no hope.
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2022 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

Wisest response yet. Sadly so.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

The hope comes from knowing that in 11 months, we can have an affect. If, we don't stay home and go vote.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2022 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mail in ballots say differently. Illegal and legal immigrants voting say differently. Neither are allowed to vote, but NYC is saying they can.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2022 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man... where to start? I don't think I've ever seen a worse year of a presidency... and that includes 2001, where at least we had comradery.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2022 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Mail in ballots say differently. Illegal and legal immigrants voting say differently. Neither are allowed to vote, but NYC is saying they can.

I have no doubt mail in ballots did swing a few election results in the last cycle (whether or not they were legal mail in ballots is another question) but, measures are being taken to put stricter controls to authenticate votes to ensure they are not fraudulent. Liberal states where that isn't being done wouldn't make much difference in a general federal election anyway. NYC, well supposedly those illegal aliens votes only count for local issues. I'll agree, it shouldn't happen but, I don't get a say about what happens in NYC.

Rams

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2022 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Oh man... where to start? I don't think I've ever seen a worse year of a presidency... and that includes 2001, where at least we had comradery.

...and he babbled on for four two hours. Guess it just seemed like four.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-20-2022).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2022 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NYC, well supposedly those illegal aliens votes only count for local issues.
Rams
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a nostril.

*Camel nose pokes under tent.*

How long until an Illegal Alien gets elected into office?

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2022 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

How long until an Illegal Alien gets elected into office?

Well, I'm not sure that hasn't already happened.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2022 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I have no doubt mail in ballots did swing a few election results in the last cycle (whether or not they were legal mail in ballots is another question) but, measures are being taken to put stricter controls to authenticate votes to ensure they are not fraudulent. Liberal states where that isn't being done wouldn't make much difference in a general federal election anyway. NYC, well supposedly those illegal aliens votes only count for local issues. I'll agree, it shouldn't happen but, I don't get a say about what happens in NYC.

Rams

You must think legal immigrants can vote since you ignored them in the blurb. They cant. That is who NYC is saying can vote now.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 01-20-2022).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2022 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

You must think legal immigrants can vote since you ignored them in the blurb. They cant. That is who NYC is saying can vote now.

"Can" is a loaded word... hah. "DO" is another thing. I DO think there are people who vote who shouldn't, either intentionally, or unknowingly. There are literally illegals in CA every year who vote, that don't know that they're not supposed to.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2022 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm positive of that.
BHall71

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2022 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BHall71Send a Private Message to BHall71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is America better off now that it was four years ago? HELL NO

Are you and your family better off than four years ago? Nope
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2022 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This article is brutal.....True and brutal:

https://townhall.com/column...under-biden-n2601920

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-20-2022).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2022 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah it isnt unbiased, a stretch? You be the judge of its truth.

article:
"It began with Joe’s unconditional surrender of Afghanistan and was followed by the Build Back Better bust and the deadly fiasco on our Southern border. Added quickly to the mix were skyrocketing inflation, lots of empty shelves, the Supremes embarrassing denouncement of a clearly unconstitutional vaccine mandate, COVID tests becoming unobtainium while omicron surged, the filibuster remaining as strong as it was a year ago thanks to good Sens. Manchin and Sinema, and the fact that Russia is making ready to launch an invasion of the Ukraine, which could trigger a third world war, in which Joe Biden would be the defender of the free world!?

The Biden-Harris administration tried to get the focus off of its near-daily faux pas by uploading a Jan. 6-themed “democracy is under threat” speech onto Joe’s teleprompter. The speech caught hold of the media’s news cycle for about a day, but the respite didn’t last long, despite hard-sell attempts by Pelosi et al.

Next, Joe tried pivoting to voting rights, but when voting rights advocates themselves boycotted his speech, his pivot lost its luster. The speech itself – “Do you want to be on the side of Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis?” – was about as easy for most Americans to stomach as a fistful of ghost peppers. It was, in fact, more of a cry for help – another what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-Joe exemplar.
The Biden-Harris administration is trapped inside a hostile media spotlight, a victim of their own incompetence. They’re like a cornered animal – desperate for a way out, but clearly willing to settle for anything that would shift the public focus off of their ever-growing list of foibles. They’re a consistent bunch, that much is true. They consistently lurch from one self-inflicted crisis to another, while we pay the price for their mistakes.
“President Biden left Washington tonight to spend the weekend at home in Delaware. He probably couldn’t wait to get out of town after one of the worst weeks of his year-old presidency. A series of setbacks from voting rights, the Supreme Court blocking his vaccine mandate for large businesses, and soaring inflation driving up prices for consumers. And today we saw the news that retail sales last month were awful. Plus omicron is still causing havoc, with staffing shortages and empty shelves, and some say Democrats are upset with the White House over testing shortages. I could go on. It’s a bad week for the president. Is there any other way to cut it?”

even more at link

https://www.ammoland.com/20...ils-confiscate-guns/

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2022 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one standing up for Joe.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2022 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

No one standing up for Joe.

Well, lets put it this way:

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2022 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on happenings, I suppose few people like Joe and Kamala's idea of what "better" meant.
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2022 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well on the bright side he is vaccinated!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2022 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Well on the bright side he is vaccinated!

Bright side?

(Did I just say that?)

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2022 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Things are looking up !
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2022 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Based on happenings, I suppose few people like Joe and Kamala's idea of what "better" meant.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the "Build Back" part is supposed to mean.

It's as though they somehow want us to believe that this entire country is like bombed out Berlin or Tokyo in 1946

Even before Brandon took office there has been a dark, dystopian, depressing, view of America emanating from his administration and it makes the "malaise" of the feckless Jimmy Carter years look like a sunny day.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-25-2022).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2022 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the "Build Back" part is supposed to mean.

It's as though they somehow want us to believe that this entire country is like bombed out Berlin or Tokyo in 1946

Even before Brandon took office there has been a dark, dystopian, depressing, view of America emanating from his administration and it makes the "malaise" of the feckless Jimmy Carter years look like a sunny day.

I'm trying not to be a huge ass about it, but my thought is that "Build Back Better" was probably something he mumbled at a speech somewhere as he was trying to get his words and thoughts together. I'm willing to bet that some Millennial hipster on his campaign thought to himself... "OMG, this is perfect... BUILD BACK BETTER!!!" ... and it became a thing.

It's not even correct grammar. At least "Make America Great Again" can be a statement / sentence on its own. What does build back better even mean? I can theorize that they can try to make it mean go back to Obama's goals / plans... but at least "Build Back Better" acknowledges in its meaning that Trump was in fact "rebuilding" America, and now the Biden team has latched onto that and states they want to do it a slightly different way. ?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2022 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://youtu.be/oYJk61_AJ9U

Who would have ever suspected?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2022 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(Ads end at the 1:20 min mark) (video)

What a mess is being made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S46iPqLnIZ8

Remember what is important.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-27-2022).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2022 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Farmers flourish under Biden, see recovery from Trump-era trade wars"

The prices of corn and soybeans have increased and demand is up for American exports.

While the focus of the Biden administration has been on its handling of the Covid-19 pandemic, and more recently the global standoff with Russian President Vladimir Putin over Ukraine, the farm sector has fared quite well under the new administration, as farmers ease off of government bailouts and see a boost in commodity prices.

. . . in 2021, the majority of net farm income came from commodity sales and actual production "off the farm." Whereas in 2019, a "big chunk" of the income was coming from Market Facilitation Program payments, which were at the core of the Trump administration's effort to mitigate losses from its disputes with China and other trading partners.

Vincent Smith, a visiting fellow at the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, said the Trump administration "severely disadvantaged" farmers with an ill-advised trade policy.

Building on an executive order from July 2021, the Biden administration announced earlier this month it intends to provide $1 billion in American Rescue Plan funds to help expand independent processing capacity, and provide funding that would give independent meat producers access to cold storage and other equipment to improve distribution of their products.

Teaganne Finn for NBC News; January 29, 2022.
https://www.nbcnews.com/pol...-trade-wars-n1288044

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-29-2022).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2022 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well they couldn't call it Make America Great Again now could they
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Well they couldn't call it Make America Great Again now could they

They could have just had this image and said Make America Groan Again

Feckless Jimmy is just happy now that Brandon has relieved him of the burden of dying while being known as THE most inept president in modern history.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-30-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
kslish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2022 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was rooting for Biden to succeed as President even though we could all see he was struggling long before he was given the nomination. I fully acknowledge that if Covid would never have happened, Trump would have gotten a second term, as the economy was firing on all cylinders before that, and incumbent Presidents rarely get voted out when things are going well. However, 2020 did happen and Biden gets voted in to hopefully steady the ship. You have to support him, as it's generally in the best interest to everyone. I also liked the fact that he implied he'd be a one term President, he could potentially be a maverick politically and fix things by mediating the political divide like the proper statesman that Joe always implied he was and then get out.

When it was being narrowed down on the Democratic side, I thought Biden was the most levelheaded choice, a more moderate leader, who was not going to lead the country down a destructive path like Sanders or Warren or someone who has done very little like Buttigieg.

Unfortunately, just about every decision he and his administration has made; policy change, foreign policy, Afghanistan, Ukraine, China, Korea, Covid, immigration, economics, inflation, transportation, energy, race relations, CRT, education, crime, law and order, etc. etc. has been harmful to the country...........and worse yet, it has hurt the majority of the country, the lower and middle class.

Anybody that does not describe this administration as a collective train wreck, has political blinders on and has so much more loyalty and allegiance to their political party, then they do for this country and our future.

This is turning out to be worse than a train wreck, since a train eventually stops, the death and mess is cleaned up, and issues are investigated and corrected. This train is not stopping and continues to do damage along the way....much of it will not be repairable for some time.

I keep hearing the Obama quote, which went along the lines of "Never underestimate the ability of Joe, to f*ck things up" (https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/14/obama-biden-relationship-393570)

And it's something new every week, right down to this past week's discrimination in his Supreme Court nomination process. He has eliminated 9 out of 10 potential candidates, not based on the content of their character, but based on the color of their skin. You would think he would have learned a lesson with his cabinet choices in KH and PB, based on things other than their qualifications and experience. He's pandering to a political base that will vote "D" anyways, regardless of the issue, instead of making decisions that should be in the best interest of the country as a whole.

It is getting embarrassing. I'm starting to wish for an alternate universe where Hillary would have run and won.

To answer the questions:

Is America better off now that it was four years ago?
The above would say a resounding no.

Are you and your family better off than four years ago?
Yes, but only because of decisions that I made at the beginning of the Trump administration that paid off long term, but I'm really starting to worry about the next 3-4 years because I have no idea how to best navigate these chaotic waters. Say what you will about the Trump presidency (and he was/is an egotistical pr!ck) at least you could figure out how to best play the game. The gains I made in the previous four years could easily be wiped out in the next four.

[This message has been edited by kslish (edited 01-31-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2022 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, being strong willed, dynamic and clearheaded shouldn't be viewed as good qualities as a leader.

Especially if you publish mean tweets.....

Very little of what has been portrayed in the political media in the last five or six years accurately reflects what really happened.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2022 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kslish:

Unfortunately, just about every decision he and his administration has made; policy change, foreign policy, Afghanistan, Ukraine, China, Korea, Covid, immigration, economics, inflation, transportation, energy, race relations, CRT, education, crime, law and order, etc. etc. has been harmful to the country...........and worse yet, it has hurt the majority of the country, the lower and middle class.

I can't really fault anything that you've said except the notion that Grandpa Gropey is actually making any substantive decisions beyond whether he wants applesauce or pudding from his caregivers.

Seventy-four of Biden’s top 100 aides are directly from the Obama Administration.

Brandon is nothing more than a ventriloquial figure.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-31-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2022 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm trying to figure out his definition of BETTER......

Rams

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2022 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I'm trying to figure out his definition of BETTER......

Rams

If you do just a little digging on the origin of that slogan you will discover that it was originally created and used by the UN for some relief program.

From there it was plagiarized by UK PM Boris Johnson and then it was purloined by the people running Brandon.

https://thenewamerican.com/...slogan//?print=print

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock