Started on: 11-05-2021 05:28 PM
Replies: 17 (304 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 11-08-2021 04:19 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2021 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what I want (well, I DO know, it just aint gonna happen )...Starting to look around for a weekend driver to replace the truck. It'll get 200km/mo use max. Early 60's to mid 70's, MAYBEE to mid-80's but honestly apart from the GN-X, C-4 and Fiero the 80's cars pretty much sucked ;-)

Corvettes and sports cars are pretty much out due to mobility issues, same reason i aint looking for another Fiero. I can get into them these days, just not out again.

Classic muscle cars are either bondo-rust-mobiles, have been hacked to death, owner wants 20x what they are worth or all 3.

Something odd and interesting, but can still get parts for and NOTHING BRITISH from the 70's !!

I am in no hurry, between now and summer and probably 10-12k is the top end price-wise. Something like this is a 'maybe" but it just doesnt do-it for me (that one is 5500 an hour from here)

What ya got for suggestions ?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep the faith, baby! Be the honcho with a Poncho!

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am in no hurry, between now and summer and probably 10-12k is the top end price-wise.

That price limitation for any 'classic' is going to be 'limiting' if not outright prohibitive, unless you are ok with a lot of rust and and a lengthy and expensive restoration.

Late 60s + Jag Cabriolet might be doable but then there's the whole electrical thing.. Rambler Marlins go relatively cheap, 60s Dodge Darts and Ford Falcons...ugly cars all but classic none the less.
If I were going Jag, it would be the 12 cylinder because they are harder to find around.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to find something between 1968 - 1972 myself.
Looked a couple of Chevelles, Mustangs and even a Lemans. Most start between $18000 to $35000 for something in good shape.
Too much for where I currently am at.

Good luck..
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2021 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
STILL kicking myself. 1988 I paid 5k for a cherry 67 Mustang coupe in Freemont. Shoulda kept it....meh, I'da wrecked it 10 times over by now. My 20's-40's wasnt real kind on machinery.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I am in no hurry, between now and summer and probably 10-12k is the top end price-wise. Something like this is a 'maybe" but it just doesnt do-it for me (that one is 5500 an hour from here)

What ya got for suggestions ?

Hang out on eBay, and check out cars from the 60s and 70s, under $7,500 and see what pops up. There are a lot of cars that come up now and then that are odd-balls. Like I remember one car, it was an early 70s Chevy Malibu something like an RJ3 or whatever it was... couldn't remember. Super cool looking, and went for like $2,500 bucks because no one was even looking for something like that. Lots of unique and interesting 70s cars that weren't the usual Camaro / TransAm / Goat / 442 / Mustang / Nova / whatever.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Hang out on eBay, and check out cars from the 60s and 70s, under $7,500 and see what pops up. There are a lot of cars that come up now and then that are odd-balls. Like I remember one car, it was an early 70s Chevy Malibu something like an RJ3 or whatever it was... couldn't remember. Super cool looking, and went for like $2,500 bucks because no one was even looking for something like that. Lots of unique and interesting 70s cars that weren't the usual Camaro / TransAm / Goat / 442 / Mustang / Nova / whatever.

S3 Laguna
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it need to be a car? How about old trucks? Squarebody chevy's 73-87 are nice and easy to work on with a lot of aftermarket support. Ford and Dodge had nice trucks too.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simple, air cooled, easy to work on....you just have to change out the flags.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 11-06-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Unsafe at any speed"

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-06-2021).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

"Unsafe at any speed"

I never lost control with mine
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None of my 4 completely stock 1984 Fieros ever caught fire either.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

I always wanted a Corvair. My father had a '64 Greenbrier that took us from Florida to North Dakota and back.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

MEM, you could paint "Free Candy" on the side, .

Get 'ahold of 84fiero123. He was big into 68 - 72 Chevy Suburbans. Nice vehicle.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you're on the right track with that early Rambler. Part of the appeal of having a Fiero in this day and age is that you'll drive for months and months and not see another one. You'll get that for sure with the Rambler.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to a local car show this summer and spotted a 68 Ambassador wagon. I watched as the gal dropped the tailgate and then took a couple of bags of groceries and placed them in the back as a final touch. It was in nice shape, wood grain and all.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Get 'ahold of 84fiero123. He was big into 68 - 72 Chevy Suburbans. Nice vehicle.

He passed this summer.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An AMC rambler would be waaaaay down on the list. Not just style wise either. But to each their own. Anotherone not on the list and this is due to style, Studebaker. Except for the pickup, Champion (with the plane front end), and Avanti.

I'm a fan of Buick, Olds, Pontiac. Just because . Caddy too.

I actually like alot of stuff. Don't care for Mopar quality, the the styling is great one some. etc

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-08-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock