Started on: 11-01-2021 09:05 PM
Replies: 50 (759 views)
Last post by: randye on 11-11-2021 11:31 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2021 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I have seen Beano on the pharmacy shelf. Never realized what it was for until about 3 years ago.
(it does not work on frijoles negros-black beans.)

It also, will not prevent red kidney bean poisoning. Yes, the beans usually prepared in 'red beans and rice' can be toxic if undercooked and/or not soaked for 8 hours before cooking. NEVER, use the same water the beans were soaked in to cook them in.

I could NOT find black beans and rice anywhere in San Antonio, only the Barracha beans. Coming from Miami, this was one of the things I sincerely missed. Black beans and rice is a staple of Caribbean / Cuban / Puerto Rican food... and very common in South Florida.

We have a chain here called "Pollo Tropical." Believe it or not, it was actually in San Antonio for about a year, before they all pulled out... no one had any interest in Pollo Tropical, but it's wildly popular in Florida. It's owned by the same company that owns the Taco Cabana chain in Texas. Anyway... first thing I did when I got into Florida was eat at Pollo to get my fix.

When I first moved to SA... there was a Pollo within walking distance, I though, totally awesome... I'll go whenever I get around to it. By the time I got around to it, they had closed down... *devastated*
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2021 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, black beans are more a caribbean/Latin America thing and barracha beans (drunken beans--pinto beans cooked in beer) are Mexican and southwestern.
I had my fill of black beans when I was in Belize.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Lurkers." You don't know their names or their faces, but your "gut" tells you they must be looking on.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-11-2021).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a picture of a person of colors?
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Is that a picture of a person of colors?

NO.

That is a picture of a multicolored post turtle.

The laughing post turtle is apparently in Paris at the moment and reportedly the French media have referred to her as "Con comme balai," which means as stupid as a broomstick.

https://townhall.com/column...nt-in-paris-n2598892

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-11-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13811 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

We have a chain here called "Pollo Tropical." Believe it or not, it was actually in San Antonio for about a year, before they all pulled out... no one had any interest in Pollo Tropical, but it's wildly popular in Florida. It's owned by the same company that owns the Taco Cabana chain in Texas. Anyway... first thing I did when I got into Florida was eat at Pollo to get my fix.

I guess you and I will have to do a Tampa Pollo Tropical almuerzo soon.

I'll buy.

Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I was at Airbus school in Miami I was introduced to Pollo Tropical. My sim partner was from Grand Turk. Black beans and rice with a quarter chicken still makes me drool.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never heard of Pollo Tropical, it sounds tasty, kind of like a Caribbean version of El Pollo Loco. Black beans are my favorite beans, I always have a few cans on hand.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-11-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

When I was at Airbus school in Miami I was introduced to Pollo Tropical. My sim partner was from Grand Turk. Black beans and rice with a quarter chicken still makes me drool.

You are more than welcome to join us and I'll buy your meal too.

Originally posted by williegoat:

I never heard of Pollo Tropical, it sounds tasty, kind of like a Caribbean version of El Pollo Loco. Black beans are my favorite beans, I always have a few cans on hand.

And you are welcome to be my guest too.

Be sure to pick up Don and Ron on your way here.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

And you are welcome to be my guest too.

Be sure to pick up Don and Ron on your way here.

I haven't been back to Florida since I left, over 50 years ago. Maybe some day.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I haven't been back to Florida since I left, over 50 years ago. Maybe some day.

I'm sure the statute of limitations has run by now and they stopped looking for you so come on down.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay