Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  If you got a COVID vaccination, which one?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
If you got a COVID vaccination, which one? by blackrams
Started on: 09-10-2021 01:36 PM
Replies: 31 (390 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 09-12-2021 05:06 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gosh, I wish we could have an automated poll but, we don't have that option so, this is the only way I know to ask.
Please limit participation to those who have actually been vaccinated, if you didn't, you aren't contributing anything and there are lots of other threads to discuss your opinions.

Please indicate which vaccine, when, any symptoms associated with the injections, for how long, how severe and any lingering issues.

I'm part of the Moderna Reseach study so I got mine early on before most Americans, 50% of the group got a placebo, the other half got the Moderna vaccine.

I'll start:

My wife and I received our Moderna vaccinations in August of 2020.
I thought I got the placebo, absolutely no reaction, barely sore at the injection site and that was gone 4 to 6 hours later but, I did get the vaccination in my dominate arm and did a few aerobic exercises post injection to help the vaccine get worked into the surrounding muscle. Just something I learned in the Marines long ago.

No post injection symptoms.

My wife had a similar result as mine but had a very minor fever the evening of the first injection but it was gone the next morning.

The second dose happened 30 days later and we both experienced almost identical results as the first injection(s).

Again, this thread is really just for those who received any of the COVID vaccines. I can't keep non-participants from posting but would like to keep this more of a information seeking thread. Your consideration and cooperation would be greatly appreciated.

Rams
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would not be reticent to post my own information here, but that is so carefully and formally formatted and worded . . . is this some project or questionnaire-related activity that you are involved in, or is this just your own curiosity?

Your answer may be of interest to other forum members, besides myself. A "silent majority" of forum members, standing behind me in the shadows of the gathering twilight, but standing behind me, none the less, and all with this same question uppermost in their minds.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-10-2021).]

ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P type no real effects other then a sore arm at site of shot
went away by 2 days after not a big deal

btw I had the virus in early 2020 not fun
2 full weeks in bed fever chills and the worse body aches ever loss 25+ lbs from 155 start
got the shots early 2021
then caught ''D''type in july

second D virus was much less intents less fever no stay in bed no weight loss

THE SHOTS ''WORK''
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I would not be reticent to post my own information here, but that is so carefully and formally formatted and worded . . . is this some project or questionnaire-related activity that you are involved in, or is this just your own curiosity?

Your answer may be of interest to other forum members, besides myself. A "silent majority" of forum members, standing behind me in the shadows of the gathering twilight, but standing behind me, none the less, and all with this same question uppermost in their minds.

This is only to fulfill my own curiosity. I am contractually limited on what I can tell anyone about the Research Study I am in. To be honest, they don't want any of my own research. So, with that. I'm simply curious. According to the "news" around 60% of the US population is vaccinated (depending on who you believe). If that is true or close to being true, then this sub-population sample should be close to the same %. What I haven't heard is who got what on a national scenario. I believe that Pfizer may be the leading vaccine but, I don't know that for certain. The other requested information is just cause I'm interested.
For a scientific poll, I should have asked quite a few other questions like age, other health conditions, blood type, smoker/non-smoker, race, sex and such but, I'm not interested in any of that. Just curious.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-10-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have received the two dose Moderna vaccine.

First shot in March, second shot a month later--the standard interval for Moderna--on April 19.

Neither injection was particularly unpleasant for me. A little soreness or sensitivity around the injection site, maybe even all the way up into the shoulder of that arm. My left arm. (I am right-handed.) It didn't persist for more than a day or two afterwards.

I think maybe I felt a little tired or listless afterwards, maybe later during the day (shots were early afternoon) or the next day. But nothing that I thought that I needed to report to anyone.

As far as I know, I have not ever had the virus, but I've not ever been tested for it. A couple or even a few more times since the pandemic was declared, and both before and after having been vaccinated, I have thought that I might be on the threshold of coming down with something that might turn out to be Covid. Just a slight sensitivity in my throat that reminded me of previous times when I have had a sore throat. But that sensitivity and anxiety about it came and went and nothing more came of it.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ray b and rinselberg, thank you for the responses.

Rams

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pla·ce·bo
/pləˈsēbō/

noun
a harmless pill, medicine, or procedure prescribed more for the psychological benefit to the patient than for any physiological effect.

By definition, everyone getting the shots are getting a "placebo".
It doesn't keep you from getting covid or keep you from spreading it, it's not very effective so what does it do exactly? Lessen the effects of covid? How can they prove that? How do they know how you would have reacted before you got the shot?
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2021 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

P type no real effects other then a sore arm at site of shot
went away by 2 days after not a big deal

btw I had the virus in early 2020 not fun
2 full weeks in bed fever chills and the worse body aches ever loss 25+ lbs from 155 start
got the shots early 2021
then caught ''D''type in july

second D virus was much less intents less fever no stay in bed no weight loss

THE SHOTS ''WORK''

You lost 25 pounds started out weighing 155?! Wow.

How do we know they can determine Delta virus? I'm pretty skeptical they can determine, or at least that most locations can tell.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received the Sinopharm vaccine in March. No issues at all.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

pla·ce·bo
/pləˈsēbō/

noun
a harmless pill, medicine, or procedure prescribed more for the psychological benefit to the patient than for any physiological effect.

By definition, everyone getting the shots are getting a "placebo".
It doesn't keep you from getting covid or keep you from spreading it, it's not very effective so what does it do exactly? Lessen the effects of covid? How can they prove that? How do they know how you would have reacted before you got the shot?

Originally posted by sourmash:

You lost 25 pounds started out weighing 155?! Wow.

How do we know they can determine Delta virus? I'm pretty skeptical they can determine, or at least that most locations can tell.

Thank you for your input. Apparently you didn't get vaccinated............. Your choice.

Rams

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by Hudini:

I received the Sinopharm vaccine in March. No issues at all.

You'd be the only one I've heard of that received that particular vaccination. Thanks for the response.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Thank you for your input. Apparently you didn't get vaccinated............. Your choice.

Rams

That would make you apparently wrong.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:
That would make you apparently wrong.

Apparently I mis-interpreted your post. Sorry about that.

Rams

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wife and I=moderna x2 ea.
Sore arm the first shot but I believe that was the fault of the person administering it as there were over 100 people in line that day and he was the only one there and he was not really attentative to where or how he did his work.
2nd shot no problems at all other than a little lethargic the next day.
my extended family (local)
My son and his wife both fully vacc with moderna. No problems with him but his wife felt bad for 3 days.
My oldest sister full vacc with Phizer and had no problems.
Youngest older sister non-vaccinated but she doesn't get off of her property except to go to Dr appointments and to grocery store.
1 neice full vacc moderna early Spring no side effects but got covid in June. Basically about like a cold as she described it.
The other neice and her husband full vacc with Phizer.No side effects that I'm aware of.
A nephew, one of his sons and his wife both got covid before the vaccinations were available. It was really rough on all of them but didn't have to go to the hospital. They've allsince been vaccinated but I do not know which one they got.

RayB--Good to see you again and that you are still kickin about.
Welcome home to PFF

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don,
Thanks for the feedback. Hope all is well.

Rams
otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I opted for the Johnson & Johnson. There were no after-effects, at least none that I noticed.
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine. Both shots. No issues other then a sore spot for a day (Like a regular flu shot). Will get a booster if necessary in accordance with CDC recommendations.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by otakudude:

I opted for the Johnson & Johnson. There were no after-effects, at least none that I noticed.

Originally posted by steve308:

Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine. Both shots. No issues other then a sore spot for a day (Like a regular flu shot). Will get a booster if necessary in accordance with CDC recommendations.

Gentlemen, thanks for the feedback.

Rams
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I got Phizer in late Feb and early March. I had a slight ache in my arm for about a day from 2nd dose. My wife was extremely tired after dose 2 for about 18 hours. She took a 3 hour nap and woke up feeling like nothing ever happened. Both my sons got Moderna later on. One had no problems, the other felt "off" for a couple of days. My daughter in London got whatever they use there. Don't know why, but the doses were over 2 months apart. No problems. I'm interested to see the results from our unbiased reporters here!

Marc
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OldsFiero:

No problems. I'm interested to see the results from our unbiased reporters here!

Marc

As am I. Thanks for the feedback.

Rams

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2021 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TONS of side-effect reports in the comments

https://www.openaccessgover...izer-vaccine/104380/
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

TONS of side-effect reports in the comments

https://www.openaccessgover...izer-vaccine/104380/

Hard for me to ID Forum members who got COVID vaccinations there. Either you didn't read the request in the first post or simply ignored it.
Would it really be all that difficult to work with me on this?

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-11-2021).]

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got the Phizer back in March this year and then followed it up with the second dose later

had a badly sore arm at site of injection from first shot ,Real Bad....
second shot no discomfort at all

No other felt or known after effects since.

Also just to add-- I have been taking (except for 2020,2021) the flu shot regularly since 2005. Sometimes I have been sore but the Phizer was waaaaayyyy worse.
The 2020,2021 shots were only missed because I had been in an accident in May of 2019 at work and have been off since then and the company is where they would come and vaccanated us...So no correlation with the covid
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2021 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hard for me to ID Forum members who got COVID vaccinations there. Either you didn't read the request in the first post or simply ignored it.
Would it really be all that difficult to work with me on this?

Rams

Just misinterpreted. thought you were looking for 1-st hand reports in general, not specifically just this group excluding all others.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May 3 for J&J vaccine with zero issues/symptoms before or after the inoculation. My oldest so also had the J&J vaccine the same day and only had a bit of stiffness near the injection site the next day.

Nelson
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

got the Phizer back in March this year and then followed it up with the second dose later

had a badly sore arm at site of injection from first shot ,Real Bad....
second shot no discomfort at all

No other felt or known after effects since.

Also just to add-- I have been taking (except for 2020,2021) the flu shot regularly since 2005. Sometimes I have been sore but the Phizer was waaaaayyyy worse.
The 2020,2021 shots were only missed because I had been in an accident in May of 2019 at work and have been off since then and the company is where they would come and vaccanated us...So no correlation with the covid

Thanks for the response fireboss.

Originally posted by hnthomps:

May 3 for J&J vaccine with zero issues/symptoms before or after the inoculation. My oldest so also had the J&J vaccine the same day and only had a bit of stiffness near the injection site the next day.

Nelson

Nelson, thanks for the feedback.

I know there should be more vaccinations within this community, was hoping to get more feedback/responses but, it is, what it is. It's really none of my business but, what the heck, some questions need to asked, that doesn't mean they'll be answered.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-11-2021).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pfizer, both doses, April 2nd, April 23rd.

Both shots, arm swollen and painful, to the point that even cloth touching the skin was excruciating. About 4 days of hard down time with muscle/joint pain, vertigo, severe fatigue. The first shot sent me back to the ER with the issues. Negative COVID test, and I went home.

Improvements in long haul issues started three weeks after the second dose, and with some intense physio-neurotherapy for the vestibular issues I was having with balance and eye tracking, all of which were COVID induced.

Today, all of my long haul physical symptoms are gone, short of the ongoing intermittent fatigue, the brain fog and memory issues, and the reduced senses of taste and smell. I attribute the fatigue to the loss of stamina and strength. I'm finally mobile again, down 25lbs in the last month after a year of a forced sedentary lifestyle. I am working to lose the weight I have put on and get back into the gym. My goal is to be back in competition lifting by the end of 2022.

I also have documented brain damage from COVID: a physical size reduction in the temporal lobe (short term memory, equilibrium) and the Olfactory portion of the brain (smell, taste). The comparison was made between a current and previous MRI from several years ago and show a marked difference in brain structure in these areas.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Pfizer, both doses, April 2nd, April 23rd.

Both shots, arm swollen and painful, to the point that even cloth touching the skin was excruciating. About 4 days of hard down time with muscle/joint pain, vertigo, severe fatigue. The first shot sent me back to the ER with the issues. Negative COVID test, and I went home.

Improvements in long haul issues started three weeks after the second dose, and with some intense physio-neurotherapy for the vestibular issues I was having with balance and eye tracking, all of which were COVID induced.

Today, all of my long haul physical symptoms are gone, short of the ongoing intermittent fatigue, the brain fog and memory issues, and the reduced senses of taste and smell. I attribute the fatigue to the loss of stamina and strength. I'm finally mobile again, down 25lbs in the last month after a year of a forced sedentary lifestyle. I am working to lose the weight I have put on and get back into the gym. My goal is to be back in competition lifting by the end of 2022.

I also have documented brain damage from COVID: a physical size reduction in the temporal lobe (short term memory, equilibrium) and the Olfactory portion of the brain (smell, taste). The comparison was made between a current and previous MRI from several years ago and show a marked difference in brain structure in these areas.

Thanks for the response. To clarify any confusion, you were infected before or after the Pfizer vaccination? Your situation started to improve 3 weeks after your second vaccination implies the COVID occurred first. Am I correct on that?

Rams
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the response. To clarify any confusion, you were infected before or after the Pfizer vaccination? Your situation started to improve 3 weeks after your second vaccination implies the COVID occurred first. Am I correct on that?

Rams

I was infected before the vaccine in late September of 2020, positive test October 1st, hospitalized on October 7th. The trip to the ER after the first injection was due to the severity of issues, which were equivalent to how I was feeling just prior to my initial hospitalization.
They tested me for COVID, then sent me home after the rapid test came back negative.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
I was infected before the vaccine in late September of 2020, positive test October 1st, hospitalized on October 7th. The trip to the ER after the first injection was due to the severity of issues, which were equivalent to how I was feeling just prior to my initial hospitalization.
They tested me for COVID, then sent me home after the rapid test came back negative.

Thanks for the response.

Rams
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got two Pfizer shots back in April of this year. Side effects were sore arm for the first one. 12 hours after the second shot I became very tried, but after a good long night of sleep I was back to normal.

These COVID vaccines, as with any other vaccine or drug have some side effects; nothing new or earth shattering. People will die from getting these vaccines, like other vaccines (think flu) These are facts. But a lot less people will die or become seriously ill if they take the vaccine. So would you want a .00001% of dying from taking the vaccine or a ~1% chance of death from not having a vaccine?

I will add that there are some COVD vaccines I woudl not take such as the Russian Sputnik and Cuban developed vaccine due to lack of clinial data or openness of the data. I would be leary of some Chinese vaccines due to what appears to be overstated effectiveness rates.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hank is Here:

I got two Pfizer shots back in April of this year. Side effects were sore arm for the first one. 12 hours after the second shot I became very tried, but after a good long night of sleep I was back to normal.

These COVID vaccines, as with any other vaccine or drug have some side effects; nothing new or earth shattering. People will die from getting these vaccines, like other vaccines (think flu) These are facts. But a lot less people will die or become seriously ill if they take the vaccine. So would you want a .00001% of dying from taking the vaccine or a ~1% chance of death from not having a vaccine?

I will add that there are some COVD vaccines I woudl not take such as the Russian Sputnik and Cuban developed vaccine due to lack of clinial data or openness of the data. I would be leary of some Chinese vaccines due to what appears to be overstated effectiveness rates.

Hank,
Thanks for that information.

Rams

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock