Started on: 06-19-2021 03:39 AM
Replies: 16 (316 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 06-21-2021 05:14 PM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

During this year's Juneteenth the nation will gather to celebrate the political party that was founded on protecting the human rights of all people of all skin colors.

Leftist Democrats around the country will write letters of apology and organize thankful celebrations giving homage to the brave Christians, and Republicans who fought and died to end the scourge of Democrat slavery in America.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-19-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"The Persistence of Memory"; Salvador Dali; 1931.

Dali's distorted timepieces are painted as if they were made of plastic that's become soft and pliable from exposure to heat.

I use them to symbolize the malleability of time, as time is reimagined by the disordered minds of the Radical Right, for whom it's as if nothing has changed since 1865. "Democratic" and "Republican" are nothing but brand names that are invested with a significance by the Radical Right that completely outweighs the underlying realities of what Democrats and Republicans are like in the contemporaneous world. It's Stereotyping on Steroids and the Collapse of Time, in one fell swoop.

Big History connects to November 1964, when Richard Hofstadter's memorable essay "The Paranoid Style in American Politics" was published in Harper's Magazine. Here's how that begins:

It [the Paranoid Style] had been around a long time before the Radical Right discovered it—and its targets have ranged from “the international bankers” to Masons, Jesuits, and munitions makers.

American politics has often been an arena for angry minds. In recent years we have seen angry minds at work mainly among extreme right-wingers, who have now demonstrated in the Goldwater movement how much political leverage can be got out of the animosities and passions of a small minority. But behind this I believe there is a style of mind that is far from new and that is not necessarily right-wing. I call it the paranoid style simply because no other word adequately evokes the sense of heated exaggeration, suspiciousness, and conspiratorial fantasy that I have in mind. In using the expression “paranoid style” I am not speaking in a clinical sense, but borrowing a clinical term for other purposes. I have neither the competence nor the desire to classify any figures of the past or present as certifiable lunatics. In fact, the idea of the paranoid style as a force in politics would have little contemporary relevance or historical value if it were applied only to men with profoundly disturbed minds. It is the use of paranoid modes of expression by more or less normal people that makes the phenomenon significant.

Of course this term is pejorative, and it is meant to be; the paranoid style has a greater affinity for bad causes than good. But nothing really prevents a sound program or demand from being advocated in the paranoid style. Style has more to do with the way in which ideas are believed than with the truth or falsity of their content. I am interested here in getting at our political psychology through our political rhetoric. The paranoid style is an old and recurrent phenomenon in our public life which has been frequently linked with movements of suspicious discontent. . . .

I see the Paranoid Style on obvious display here, in the surrealism of the Original Post, but it's not something so superficial or veneer-like as (just) a style: the Original Post is the expression of a disordered and fraudulent perception of reality, where time has lost all meaning--where the 156 years between 1865 and 2021 and everything that's happened in that intervening century and a half are dismissed as if 1865 were literally "yesterday."

The Original Post is bizarre.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-19-2021).]

sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2021 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The leading group that brought slaves to the New World is the same group of elite donor class who today dominate Wash DC politics, steer the media and dominate world finance,

and they have never forgiven us for ending slavery, which is why one of their group, Merritt Garland, this week stated that White Supremacy is the biggest threat inside America. While he stated this in an official statement another man (who is not White) was driving around Georgia shooting people because they are White.

Merritt Garland was almost a Supreme Court justice, nominated by Obama.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"The Persistence of Memory"; Salvador Dali; 1931.

The distorted timepieces are painted as if they were made of plastic that's become soft and pliable from exposure to heat. They symbolize the meaningless of time, as time is reimagined by the disordered minds of the Radical Right, for whom it's as if nothing in politics has changed since 1865. The "Democratic Party" and "Republican Party" become package labels or brand names that assume a significance for the Radical Right that completely outweighs any underlying realities of what Democrats and Republicans are like in the contemporaneous world. It's both Stereotyping on Steroids and the Collapse of Time.

Big History connects to November 1964, when Richard Hofstadter's memorable essay "The Paranoid Style in American Politics" was published in Harper's Magazine. Here's how that begins:
I see the Paranoid Style on obvious display here, in the surrealism of the Original Post, but it's not something so superficial or veneer-like as (just) a style: the Original Post is the expression of a disordered and fraudulent perception of reality, where time has lost all meaning--where the 156 years between 1865 and 2021 and everything that's happened in that century and a half are dismissed as if 1865 were literally "yesterday."

The Original Post is bizarre.

You put a lot of words in your salad, but none of them ring true.

Your vision of history is out of focus.

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A large percentage of "republicans" are very........"Proud"........"Right"...?
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2021 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As in "White Pride"? The KKK is a Democrat Party construct. Try telling me water isn't wet.

However, isn't it convenient that you guys want every other racial group and identity the ability to declare "pride" except the Whites? Anti-Whiteness is anti-human. Whites practicing it are traitors.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 06-19-2021).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many of you new "republicans" are in the PROUD BOYS?

I think you new "republicans" should change the "GOP" moniker to "ATF" Meaning "ANYTHING for trump"...Or you could call yourselves the trump-chumps......

What amazes me is the completely hypocritical statements you make; "We take care of the middle class" and "We are against deficit spending" but then eliminate taxes on the wealthy and bury the country in debt.

"We are not racist- the democrats are racist!" but then you think it is A-OK for the police kill any black person.

You say you are for America but then anything Putin/Russian Mafia wants you give them.

You rail against the Liberals "Taking over the government" but then want a petty (Spoiled rich baby) dictator as "Leader for Life"

You also rail against corruption but then trumpy was the most corrupt creature to ever be in any part of our government.

Reagan, Eisenhower and Teddy would run (Not walk) away from the new "Republican" party.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2021 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Proud Boys led by Enrique Tarrio the long time fed informant? His job is to cause problems of association against Trump. AKA, one of your team.

Yeah, you're AGAIN running away from your previous charges. Charges you can't justify, and go straight into even more ridiculous charges. Many of which are so disjointed that they don't even fall on the same side of the fence.

The Republucans are just the old Democrat Party. As the Dems become more radical, the Repubs take over what Dems vacated.

Democrats are 1), not liberal. 2) they're authoritarian.
The Republicans let Dems set the agenda and talking points. Republicans have no backbone and never will. Dems serve debauchery, skin hatred and radicalization.
Republicans only take Dem planks and try to prove they can embrace them more 'fairly'.

You don't have the slightest understanding of national politics.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 06-19-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

You put a lot of words in your salad, but none of them ring true.

Your vision of history is out of focus.

It's because of:

"The Immaculate Fog of the Leftist Mind"

Where opinion cannot be distinguished from objective fact

Where emotion replaces rational, logical, thought

Where fable becomes history

Where fantasy is reality

Where willful ignorance replaces intellectual curiosity

It's no coincidence either that he has been mindlessly quoting Richard Hofstadter in several threads now.

Hofstadter was a proudly, self-avowed MARXIST / LEFTIST who also wrote: "I hate capitalism and everything that goes with it".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-20-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13808 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by cvxjet:

You are such an angry little LEFTIST.

Can you point to the place on the doll where you think "the bad orange man" hurt you?

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I do know that you new "republicans" lost the last two elections to the Democrats.......Aren't you the ones who claim to be super-duper smart? Yet the liberals outsmarted you.....

Maybe if you tried to be REAL conservatives you would have elected a good man like Jeb Bush and would still have control of the country...But I keep forgetting, Jeb doesn't work for Putin so you would never vote for him.......

Keep on Chumping for Putin....

Oh, and since you are good "repcons" who are in no way racist, how many of you are going out today to take part in the festivities for Juneteenth? (I hear crickets.....)
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, and since you are good "repcons" who are in no way racist, how many of you are going out today to take part in the festivities for Juneteenth? (I hear crickets.....)

Have you started writing your letter of apology yet?
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I do know that you new "republicans" lost the last two elections to the Democrats.......Aren't you the ones who claim to be super-duper smart? Yet the liberals outsmarted you.....

Maybe if you tried to be REAL conservatives you would have elected a good man like Jeb Bush and would still have control of the country...But I keep forgetting, Jeb doesn't work for Putin so you would never vote for him.......

Keep on Chumping for Putin....

Are there any other people in that fantasy world you live in?
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2021 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeb Bush, yeah. Because a war-monger, open-borders family means "conservative" to you Maddow viewers.

Bulld the wall.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2021 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everybody, be sure to vote Republican. Remember what the Republicans just did for y'all on Monday.

Monday?

Click to show

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-20-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2021 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vote ?

What for ? you ****ers are just going to rig the machines and steal the election.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2021 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only lineage I have in the United States is my grandfather on my mom's side. That lineage goes back over 200+ years to the American revolution. My great, great, great, great grandfather and his son fought for the Missouri 23rd Volunteer Regiment. They were Republicans. My entire family on that side have been Republican since then... and they still are.

When I moved to Florida in 1996... it was still run by Democrats, and most of the people in the town of Davie were Democrat, voted Democrat, and loved Bill Clinton. The KKK was still there and sent out mailers (which many of my friends, who were also Democrat, got on their front door step). Many Republicans moved to Florida (like myself), and Florida has quickly become a VERY, VERY red state. But literally in the late 90s, it was a heavily Democrat state.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock