Started on: 04-02-2021 11:03 AM
Replies: 6 (147 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 04-05-2021 03:06 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 95
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me?
Over the last couple of days, some images are not displaying on the forum, mostly those hosted on images.fieroforum.com.

I have been playing around, making some changes to the way my LAN resolves DNS, so it could be my problem.

Is anyone else seeing issues?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody tried posting Pelosi Bikini Pics and the server went blind in fear.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 556
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See... Why are embedded images no longer appearing in posts? https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/099721.html

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 95
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

See... Why are embedded images no longer appearing in posts? https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/099721.html

Thank you! Fixed it.

I am using Chrome on Debian 10.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-02-2021).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 556
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
Thank you! Fixed it.

I am using Chrome on Debian 10.
Nice to know but mostly doesn't matter this time.
https: scam has cause many problems to different servers and/or different browsers on different OS's and sometimes exact versions of each matters when fails to load some to all pages for a given site.

Even exact plugins you have in a browser and how their config breaks many sites.
"Worse," FF and others has more and more "anti tracking" "features" that can break sites too.
Example: Firefox is getting clever The remarkable 'SmartBlock' feature https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8SrClOTgw

I use FF w/ NoScript and Ublock for many years but breaks many sites so have to have chrome or rerun FF in another profile w/ no plugins to pay some bills. Anti-tracker etc blocks require 3rd party scripts and other things so many web servers can't run Visa and other Card Authorizations, Captcha anti-bot, and so on.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 289
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwClick Here to Email cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do I have an image problem?

Originally posted by williegoat:
Is it just me?

No. You are not the only ugly person on the planet. /sarcasm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Forget image. It should be all about the music."

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock