Started on: 03-26-2021 08:20 AM
Replies: 54 (807 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 03-29-2021 10:26 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to be somewhere where you are
I fling with others or sitting in an enclosed space with folks...wear a freaking mask.

The government should have sent out a box of masks to every person’s home.

They “spent”(pocketed) at least a billion dollars for “training” and even less traceable “supplies”

This thing is here and it isn’t going away unless people stop spreading it around. Every time the numbers go down, an area opens up and 2-3 weeks later, there is a spike...rinse, repeat.

I live in NY, and I haven’t been to CA in years, but I believe that there were terrible fires there last year.

They have not properly reported this pandemic- they should have showed more footage of the sick and dying and dead.

Politicians on both side made out like bandits, it’s disgusting.

If I wear an N95 mask, I can’t blow out a candle. If I have Covid, I am less likely to spread it if I am wearing this mask. I hope it also offers me some protection if it is in the air where I am. I spend 3 hours a day on trains, when people aren’t wearing a mask, they are being an asshat.

I have friends in the medical community and this isn’t being played up. It’s a nasty virus. The idea of building up Herd immunity with this is almost like saying you will build a herd immunity with malaria or polio.

Leadership has failed and will continue to do so.

I love you guys. But it’s super-frustrating when you go all “tinfoil-haty” about wearing a mask.

Half-assed isolation and schizoid regulations isn’t gonna end this thing. In NY they had three facilities where they should have taken Covid+ folks- javits center, that medical ship, and an outdoor one at Central Park. They instead decided to return those folks to the nursing homes.

Republicans and Democrats are like a pair of abusive parents... one might take a more direct approach , bend you over and make their fun, the other is a lot more subtle in their style.

There is a serious disconnect-

Wish there was more actual footage of the war which has been waged over the past year. The citizens are tired of the hardship of wearing a mask, the soldiers actually doing the fighting are exhausted. So beat up innocent people because their DNA comes from a certain place. It’s all so frustrating. Guy comes on the train, mask down under his chin, sits down. Starts coughing. Looks sick. F**k. So I go to move and this train is packed. Go to the next car and there are less people. They are all masked. This makes me happy do you see how messed up that is? THAT brings me a moment of feeling somewhat safe.

Coworker’s kid got it and it’s not looking good. They were a preemie like mine was. She took the train in once a week. Piked the wrong train, I guess. Death train. This is all so asinine.

If you are gonna be in a group situation, just wear a mask...

wish they had a channel where folks could just watch a hospital and experience “a glimpse of the actual”

ugh

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 03-26-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 03-26-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2021 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thing isnt going away anytime soon...PERIOD.

Some measures may SLOW the spread, but nothing is going to stop it. Just like the common flu and cold it mutates faster than vaccines for individual strains can be developed, and then it becomes the same guessing-game as to which strain/vaccine it is NOW that we go through with flu vaccines every year.

https://www.medindia.net/ne...n-india-200540-1.htm
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Masks don't work.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2021 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Masks don't work.

Just try sanding drywall wearing one of these stupid things and you will see first-hand just how much it doesnt stop. And here is a hint...f it doesnt stop the particles coming IN, it dont stop them going out either. It's a cloth/paper mask, not a back-flow valve.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-26-2021).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Masks don't work.

Ok, Dr. Lambo nut. They aren't effective at all. Doctors and nurses and other medical staff wear them because they like playing "dress up".

You are entitled to your opinion.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12453 posts
Member since Jan 2012

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Just try sanding drywall wearing one of these stupid things and you will see first-hand just how much it doesnt stop. And here is a hint...f it doesnt stop the particles coming IN, it dont stop them going out either. It's a cloth/paper mask, not a back-flow valve.

Or SMELL when a lady enters a room wearing perfume. or enter an elevator where she was.

oopsie. or that could be a guy wearing perfume. won't even assume he (whoops, is that the proper pronoun?) would be wearing cologne

Wait, is cologne still an "ok" word?

oh crap,

I almost forgot to apologize to the planet for being a white heterosexual male.

crap.

They do have much better masks for when you drywall. Do you wear one? I am bad at wearing eye support. Still used to wearing glasses (which don't help) .Temped to wear one of those masks during my commute. Maybe under a Bobba Fett helmet and maybe swing a Wookie pelt around to keep f*cktards 6 feet away from me.

I made it to work without being pushed in front of a train!

Hoooray!

Happy Friday!

(Sorry, I'm a bit punchy today. too many emails and phonecalls from people who basically had a year off with pay and complain about how horrible it is having to wear a mask when they go into a store.... I feel like stapling it to their face. I support hospitals, but even I don't work IN one, and those are the folks who should be complaining...c-ya)

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Ok, Dr. Lambo nut. They aren't effective at all. Doctors and nurses and other medical staff wear them because they like playing "dress up".

You are entitled to your opinion.

Yet they still got sick and died at a high level. Go figure.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Don't need to preach to me. I said when they started this farce that the mask weren't going to do sh!t with a virus. Gave that exact same example. Hell they even said so much in the beginning. "Don't need people walking around with masks on". Look at em now. Changing and making up stuff as they go and got a lot of people believing it.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yet they still got sick and died at a high level. Go figure.

Did they really? I didn't think they died at a high level.... (I'll google that stuff during my lunch and will probably regret that I did)

Masks help, but if you are spending all day every day of your shift (or double-shift) in an environment which DEFINITELY HAS Covid there and not sleeping right and weakening your immune system...

Go figure.

Hope this is all as you say - a bulls*t scam, all fake and not real at all and they're just trying to control our miiiinds!
I need a drink, man, and maybe take a drive in a Fiero. Maybe not in that order, though.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the other hand, if the virus was so bad and deadly, wouldn't all the people that haven't wore a mask in the last year all be dead already? Serious question for anyone.
PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Did they really? I didn't think they died at a high level.... (I'll google that stuff during my lunch and will probably regret that I did)

Masks help, but if you are spending all day every day of your shift (or double-shift) in an environment which DEFINITELY HAS Covid there and not sleeping right and weakening your immune system...

Go figure.

Hope this is all as you say - a bulls*t scam, all fake and not real at all and they're just trying to control our miiiinds!
I need a drink, man, and maybe take a drive in a Fiero. Maybe not in that order, though.

Don't forget the sick part. Hospitals were hurting due to staff shortages due to sick workers which I'm sure were all wearing a mask and more at the time of their infection. The masks just didn't work.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't forget the sick part. Hospitals were hurting due to staff shortages due to sick workers which I'm sure were all wearing a mask and more at the time of their infection. The masks just didn't work.

Imagine the numbers if they DIDN'T wear them!

Numbers are numbers and fudge is fudge and numbers can be fudged and fudge...well fudge is either yummy, alright, or gross, depending on who you ask. Sounds JUST like people's responses to wearing masks.... except not at all - the numbers from repeated studies show that face masks were 79-85% effective in preventing transmission of "Stuff".

Even if that number was less, even 25%... if the "Stuff" - fudge droplets, lets say... floating around were actually poop droplets, I'd rather wear a mask and have a lower chance of getting poop in my mouth...or less of it...

-------------
"Doesn't work 100% = doesn't work at all"

Is this what you believe?

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Imagine the numbers if they DIDN'T wear them!

Numbers are numbers and fudge is fudge and numbers can be fudged and fudge...well fudge is either yummy, alright, or gross, depending on who you ask. Sounds JUST like people's responses to wearing masks.... except not at all - the numbers from repeated studies show that face masks were 79-85% effective in preventing transmission of "Stuff".

Even if that number was less, even 25%... if the "Stuff" - fudge droplets, lets say... floating around were actually poop droplets, I'd rather wear a mask and have a lower chance of getting poop in my mouth...or less of it...

-------------
"Doesn't work 100% = doesn't work at all"

Is this what you believe?

If masks "worked", transmission would be zero.
If bungee cords only worked 79-85% of the time, I bet there wouldn't be many jumpers taking that jump.

I believe if your susceptible to get it, you're going to get it. If not, you won't.
I believe that masks allow a concentrated build up of virus on the front that is then touched causing larger problems down the road.
I know that what I am doing (nothing) is working and the ones that I know wearing masks and have got it, doesn't work.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, you think healthcare workers should not wear masks at all?

Condoms aren't 100% effective...but they sure do work!(mostly)
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, you think healthcare workers should not wear masks at all?

Condoms aren't 100% effective...but they sure do work!(mostly)

They can do whatever they want. I sure as Hell ain't going to tell them what they have to do. Nor should anybody be telling anybody else what they have to do.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2021 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I wear an N95 mask, I can’t blow out a candle. If I have Covid, I am less likely to spread it if I am wearing this mask. I hope it also offers me some protection if it is in the air where I am. I spend 3 hours a day on trains, when people aren’t wearing a mask, they are being an asshat.

I have friends in the medical community and this isn’t being played up. It’s a nasty virus. The idea of building up Herd immunity with this is almost like saying you will build a herd immunity with malaria or polio.

Leadership has failed and will continue to do so.

I love you guys. But it’s super-frustrating when you go all “tinfoil-haty” about wearing a mask.

I recovered from COVID... I now know that I had COVID. It was a bad cold for me with chest congestion. I got over it.

I took the vaccination, had a low grade fever on the first dose, and felt absolutely nothing at all on the second dose.

My advice, rather than ask the entire country to completely destroy their lively-hood... why don't YOU just lock yourself down instead?

If you're at risk... then stay in your house and order in. Don't force EVERYONE ELSE to sit at home because you're too ****ing entitled that you feel it's OK to destroy people's lives... which has led to thousands of suicides, bankruptcies, etc.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
My advice, rather than ask the entire country to completely destroy their lively-hood... why don't YOU just lock yourself down instead?

If you're at risk... then stay in your house and order in. Don't force EVERYONE ELSE to sit at home because you're too ****ing entitled that you feel it's OK to destroy people's lives... which has led to thousands of suicides, bankruptcies, etc.

^^^^Why is this so hard for everyone to understand?

Never in the history of viruses and pandemics have healthy people been forced to quarantine. Contact tracing my ass. Why this time? Political is all I say.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I recovered from COVID... I now know that I had COVID. It was a bad cold for me with chest congestion. I got over it.

I took the vaccination, had a low grade fever on the first dose, and felt absolutely nothing at all on the second dose.

The country is not destroyed. Not even close, but I know someone that thinks in a similar vein, that people that don't want to get tboned by a drunk drivers should just stay home and off the roads.

Another guy that had similar thoughts is mostly staying home nowadays, instead of traveling around the world on Air Force 1.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-26-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2021 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, not destroyed, just 30 trillion under water and going deeper fast. And with only 2 ways out, war or theft.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 03-26-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

<snip>
The government should have sent out a box of masks to every person’s home.

They “spent”(pocketed) at least a billion dollars for “training” and even less traceable “supplies”

<snip>

Not trying to nitpick you. Just remember back when this started there was no national supply of masks to ship anywhere. The Surgeon General was telling everyone they don't need a mask and to not go out and buy them all up because healthcare workers needed them. My daughter, a nurse, never ran out at her hospital but was worried there wasn't going to be enough.

When companies like 3M tried to ramp up their Chinese plants and to ship that product to the US the shipments were blocked from leaving China. This one move by China should have been a wake up call to politicians.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why force small time shops to close but allow big box places to stay open? Local pharmacy can’t stay open, but the CVS gets a pass?

They should have allowed restaurants to stay open if they wanted and if you wanted to go in there, have at it.

I just don’t want to get this friggin’ thing and pass it to my kid or my mother-in-law because some dummy on the train didn’t wear a mask.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

The country is not destroyed. Not even close, but I know someone that thinks in a similar vein, that people that don't want to get tboned by a drunk drivers should just stay home and off the roads.

Another guy that had similar thoughts is mostly staying home nowadays, instead of traveling around the world on Air Force 1.

Sorry, your arguments are basically retarded. I know you live out in the sticks... but here in San Antonio, nearly every small restaurant and store went out of business. Most of them have been replaced by other businesses... but it had to do with people like you trying to determining who's important and who's not... when really, it was none of your business to even be making such assumptions.

We never should have locked down. I apologize for your lack of intelligence if you are unable to grasp this simple concept. If it helps you to go on talking about Q-Anon and looking at shirtless men, then by all means... do what makes you feel safe.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some news is still being published about San Antonio. There's even a section about Food & Drink:
https://www.sacurrent.com/s.../Section?oid=2240580

If you think a lot of small restaurants and other businesses went down because of the Covid lockdowns and restrictions, I shudder to imagine how many restaurants and businesses, small or large, would be vacant storefronts and real estate if there hadn't been any kind of lockdowns and restrictions. Remember going to a restaurant or other retail establishment before Covid? How many of the managers and staff were people in their 20s and 30s and looking in very good health--even so, still appreciably at risk from Covid--and how many were older?

I think it's especially wrong to be weighing in against the face mask mandates (or expectations) and other Covid restrictions affecting public spaces at this time, when the vaccination campaign is going well (for the most part) and we are likely only a few months away from the 75 percent level of vaccine immunity that would provide real confidence about "herd immunity." Dr Vin Gupta singled out July 4 as a milestone on the return to normalcy based on his expectations, but his expectations were based on continuing widespread adherence by the public to the most basic of the anti-Covid behaviors that many of us are accustomed to, including the continued wearing of face masks.

That's the reason that the Democrats in Congress passed the $1.9 trillion American Rescue or "Covid relief" Act.

Look to that--and not to the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers and anti-science cultists (etc.)
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2021 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, your arguments are basically retarded. I know you live out in the sticks... but here in San Antonio, nearly every small restaurant and store went out of business. Most of them have been replaced by other businesses... but it had to do with people like you trying to determining who's important and who's not... when really, it was none of your business to even be making such assumptions.

We never should have locked down. I apologize for your lack of intelligence if you are unable to grasp this simple concept. If it helps you to go on talking about Q-Anon and looking at shirtless men, then by all means... do what makes you feel safe.

I get the impression he is Black or partially, which would explain the belief about people harming him if we don't wear masks. Just a hunch.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"U.S. COVID response could have avoided hundreds of thousands of deaths: research"
Howard Schneider for Reuters; March 25, 2021.
https://www.reuters.com/art...conomy-idUSKBN2BH1DK

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States squandered both money and lives in its response to the coronavirus pandemic, and it could have avoided nearly 400,000 deaths with a more effective health strategy and trimmed federal spending by hundreds of billions of dollars while still supporting those who needed it.

That is the conclusion of a group of research papers released at a Brookings Institution conference this week, offering an early and broad start to what will likely be an intense effort in coming years to assess the response to the worst pandemic in a century.

U.S. COVID-19 fatalities could have stayed under 300,000, versus a death toll of 540,000 and rising, if by last May the country had adopted widespread mask, social distancing, and testing protocols while awaiting a vaccine, estimated Andrew Atkeson, economics professor at University of California, Los Angeles.

He likened the state-by-state, patchwork response to a car’s cruise control. As the virus worsened people hunkered down, but when the situation improved restrictions were dropped and people were less careful, with the result that “the equilibrium level of daily deaths ... remains in a relatively narrow band” until the vaccine arrived.

Atkeson projected a final fatality level of around 670,000 as vaccines spread and the crisis subsides. The outcome, had no vaccine been developed, would have been a far-worse 1.27 million, Atkeson estimated.

The economic response, while mammoth, also could have been better tailored, argued University of California, Berkeley economics professor Christine Romer. She joins former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers and several others from the last two Democratic administrations in criticizing the spending authorized since last spring, including the Biden team’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan.

While she said the federal government’s more than $5 trillion in pandemic-related spending won’t likely trigger a fiscal crisis, she worries that higher-priority investments will be deferred because of allocations to initiatives like the Paycheck Protection Program.

Those forgivable small business loans were “an interesting and noble experiment,” but were also “problematic on many levels,” including an apparent cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars for each job saved, she said.

“Spending on programs such as unemployment compensation and public heath was exactly what was called for,” she wrote, but other aspects, particularly the generous one-time payments to families, were “largely ineffective and wasteful.”

That's about half the text. The remainder is ON LINE at reuters(.com).

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-26-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
People who say "We never should have had any lockdowns or Covid restrictions" are (IMO) overlooking something kind of big.

A Covid patient's prognosis is better now than it was earlier on in the pandemic.

Earlier on in the pandemic they hadn't figured out that patients who were having difficulty breathing would benefit from being turned over to lie on their abdomens instead of on their backs. If memory serves me, it was a few months into the pandemic before they figured that out. So to say that there never should have been any lockdowns or Covid-restrictions . . . that thought should complete itself.

The monoclonal antibodies that are being used now were not available. They hadn't even been developed. They're still being underutilized.

Generally, the care and remedies available to Covid patients have improved, but only gradually during the course of the pandemic. It wasn't all there at the very beginning of the pandemic. Former President Trump himself might not be alive today, had he contracted Covid earlier on in the pandemic. (NYT, I think, has reported that his condition was even more serious than was ever officially communicated to the public.)

And part of the improving survival rate is because people can be moved to hospitals and treated in hospital and ICU facilities. The hospital beds and ICU facilities are not used up with Covid patients that are already there. Without the lockdowns and other Covid-restrictions . . . how would that aspect of it be looking, today?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-26-2021).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

I get the impression he is Black or partially, which would explain the belief about people harming him if we don't wear masks. Just a hunch.

Lmao!

Don is White, my man.

And masks work. Anyone can look up the research, or stay ignorant. Their choice.

It shouldn’t have ever been required, and businesses should have never been forced to shut down. But if we had semi-competent leadership at the time that could have put out consistent messaging, we wouldn’t have had so many deaths. Shame.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2021 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It also occurred to me that thebdubs and maryjane could be the same person.

How would I know what either looks like since until recently the place I post is in actual Fiero related forums.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It also occurred to me that thebdubs and maryjane could be the same person.

They're not.

Don ("maryjane") is a Marine, Viet Nam combat veteran and personally well known to many on this forum.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-26-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane posting as theBdub is why I considered the possibility Don is Black. I'll accept that he isnt.

I expect that nobody has ever met theBdub. His posts are of the same motivation and cultivation. Provocatively contrived in a similar telltale subject matter. The cover post he made out of the blue, curious eh?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane posting as theBdub is why I considered the possibility Don is Black. I'll accept that he isnt.

I expect that nobody has ever met theBdub. His posts are of the same motivation and cultivation. Provocatively contrived in a similar telltale subject matter. The cover post he made out of the blue, curious eh?

Has anyone met you?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Not trying to nitpick you. Just remember back when this started there was no national supply of masks to ship anywhere. The Surgeon General was telling everyone they don't need a mask and to not go out and buy them all up because healthcare workers needed them. My daughter, a nurse, never ran out at her hospital but was worried there wasn't going to be enough.

When companies like 3M tried to ramp up their Chinese plants and to ship that product to the US the shipments were blocked from leaving China. This one move by China should have been a wake up call to politicians.

Some of the hospitals had 10-20x the amount they claimed they had , stockpiled in warehouses. Bought from China, almost a year before. Not because of Covid, just because masks don’t really “expire”, and they were SO much cheaper then purchasing through the regular channels.

But, if they admitted they HAD them, they would be admitting they bought from sources they weren’t supposed to. And they got called out on it, because they knew they had them there...

Or... that all might be “fake news”.

Like how the top blue weenies purposefully sat on their hands until after the election to work on stimulus checks and such...

Time to get away from screens for a few days...
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2021 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some of the hospitals had 10-20x the amount they claimed they had , stockpiled in warehouses. Bought from China, almost a year before. Not because of Covid, just because masks don’t really “expire”, and they were SO much cheaper then purchasing through the regular channels.

But, if they admitted they HAD them, they would be admitting they bought from sources they weren’t supposed to. And they got called out on it, because they knew they had them there...

Or... that all might be “fake news”.

Like how the top blue weenies purposefully sat on their hands until after the election to work on stimulus checks and such...

Time to get away from screens for a few days...

I'd love to see any evidence of your allegation about hospitals having an over abundance of masks. That goes against everything I've been told by multiple relatives and friends/acquaintances who work in health care. Which hospitals? Admittedly, the people I'm getting information from are not the logistics and supply folks, they are mostly the front line workers. Nurses, Doctors, EMTs and Paramedics.

Rams
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2021 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heard about it from a friend.

Hope you have a nice weekend.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2021 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Funny enough, I’ve met Don. I don’t remember if I met any others in person, maybe Brad when I was in MO. But man, you’ll have to consider that I’ve been a member for over a decade. At one point, many here were on my Facebook (though eventually I removed non-physical friends).

I don’t really care if you believe me or not, just trying to save you a bit of heartburn over this. You’re barking up the wrong tree on this one.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2021 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MJ lives by a code that once had a very high value and place in the western world.

He just fails to recognize that what "society" has turned into is exactly the same thing fought against in the past, and "society" is no longer something worth fighting FOR, but rather something to be defended against.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2021 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MJ lives by a code that once had a very high value and place in the western world.

He just fails to recognize that what "society" has turned into is exactly the same thing fought against in the past, and "society" is no longer something worth fighting FOR, but rather something to be defended against.

Really?
Think'n I'll wait for Don to go to bat on this one............ That is, assuming he even wants a turn at it.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2021 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Funny enough, I’ve met Don. I don’t remember if I met any others in person, maybe Brad when I was in MO. But man, you’ll have to consider that I’ve been a member for over a decade. At one point, many here were on my Facebook (though eventually I removed non-physical friends).

I don’t really care if you believe me or not, just trying to save you a bit of heartburn over this. You’re barking up the wrong tree on this one.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock