Started on: 03-25-2021 07:48 AM
Replies: 10 (186 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 03-29-2021 03:20 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2021 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank those who offered the ultimate sacrifice for their brothers in arms and us as a nation.
All gave some, some gave all.

There are currently 69 living recipients of the Medal of Honor.

https://mohmuseum.org/

Rams
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jdv

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jdv,
Thank you for responding, I was pretty disappointed that it appeared no one gave a damn about these brave individuals who gave so much for us.
But, that's just me. Thanks.

Rams
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2021 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't think I even saw this thread. Hmm.
Hat in hand, and a thank you.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2021 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

jdv,
Thank you for responding, I was pretty disappointed that it appeared no one gave a damn about these brave individuals who gave so much for us.
But, that's just me. Thanks.

Rams

I didn't add to the thread here, but I did see it.

When I saw it, I opened it and followed the link to the National Medal of Honor Museum website and had a brief look, absorbing the fact that it's in Arlington, TX.

I guess (in retrospect) I should have acknowledged at least that much with a message here. I certainly could have.

In my own mind, I don't segregate Medal of Honor recipients from all the others that serve (or have served) with honor.

I remember something that a Medal of Honor recipient (former USMC Colonel Jack Jacobs, if memory serves me) said quite some years ago. He was conversing with an anchor (a program anchor) that had just referred to him as a "Medal of Honor winner." So he said:

Armed services men and women do not "win" the Medal of Honor. The ones that receive the Medal are awarded it. But it's not something that anyone should think of as having been "won."

That's in so many words, not verbatim of that conversation.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-27-2021).]

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
When I saw it, I opened it and followed the link to the National Medal of Honor Museum website and had a brief look, absorbing the fact that it's in Arlington, TX.

Brief look indeed. Read-O-Meter of one second ? It doesn't exist yet. From the website's leading title ...

The Future Home for America’s Greatest Heroes
Recent News

National Medal of Honor Museum Celebrates National Medal of Honor Day With $20 Million Donation, 16 State Proclamations Nationwide and ‘Moment of Honor’.
March 25,2021

Where did that $20 million dollar donation come from ? Click to show

I did not see the thread Ron. Now that the subject is open, what are the requirements to be awarded such an honor ?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Now that the subject is open, what are the requirements to be awarded such an honor ?

Medal of Honor
[Medal of Honor]
NOUN
Congressional Medal of Honor (noun)
the highest US military decoration, awarded by Congress to a member of the armed forces for gallantry and bravery in combat at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty.

Acts of bravery. Most have been awarded posthumous.

Rams
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had the pleasure of meeting a number of Medal of Honor recipient's while working at the golf facility at Quantico. The course is dedicated to those Marines who have earned the honor thru exceptional actions. To a man, they are the most gracious, humble and down to earth people you could ever meet.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I met only one CMH awardee that I know of. He was an instructor at Millington Navy base.

IMO, there were a lot more guys/girls worthy of CMH in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars than ended up with them.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I met only one CMH awardee that I know of. He was an instructor at Millington Navy base.

IMO, there were a lot more guys/girls worthy of CMH in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars than ended up with them.

I'd suggest that's true of many of our combat actions. Unfortunately, those CMHs must meet certain criteria that is sometimes hard to prove or get approved.

Rams
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting lots easier (and harder) because of the modern video capabilities to 'prove' either way.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock