Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hank Aaron, dead at 86. Two weeks after promoting and taking the vaccine. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hank Aaron, dead at 86. Two weeks after promoting and taking the vaccine. by sourmash
Started on: 01-23-2021 01:58 PM
Replies: 45 (641 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 02-04-2021 08:09 AM
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2021 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(CBS Newspath) — Baseball legend Hank Aaron, former UN Ambassador Andrew Young and former Health and Human Services Secretary Louis Sullivan got vaccinated against COVID-19 at the Morehouse School of Medicine on Tuesday January 5th, hoping to send a message to Black Americans that the shots are safe.
Rolling up their sleeves to take the first of two doses of the Moderna vaccine, these and other civil rights leaders visiting a brand-new Morehouse health clinic acknowledged the legacy of mistrust many Black people have toward medical research, stemming from the infamous Tuskegee experiment that left Black men to suffer needlessly.
But people need to realize that this coronavirus vaccine is endorsed by the community’s own experts and heroes, won’t more harm than good, they said.

“Makes me feel wonderful. I don’t have any qualms about it at all, you know. I feel quite proud of myself for doing something like this, you know. It’s just a small thing that can help zillions of people in this country,” told The AP after receiving his vaccination.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, the most important thing in his life is that he took the vaccine and died? I got news for you: Everybody who takes the vaccine is going to die.

There are a lot more things that he did while he was alive. Even I know that.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

(CBS Newspath) — Baseball legend Hank Aaron, former UN Ambassador Andrew Young and former Health and Human Services Secretary Louis Sullivan got vaccinated against COVID-19 at the Morehouse School of Medicine on Tuesday January 5th, hoping to send a message to Black Americans that the shots are safe.
Rolling up their sleeves to take the first of two doses of the Moderna vaccine, these and other civil rights leaders visiting a brand-new Morehouse health clinic acknowledged the legacy of mistrust many Black people have toward medical research, stemming from the infamous Tuskegee experiment that left Black men to suffer needlessly.
But people need to realize that this coronavirus vaccine is endorsed by the community’s own experts and heroes, won’t more harm than good, they said.

“Makes me feel wonderful. I don’t have any qualms about it at all, you know. I feel quite proud of myself for doing something like this, you know. It’s just a small thing that can help zillions of people in this country,” told The AP after receiving his vaccination.

It appears you're correlating Mr. Aaron's demise directly to his being vaccinated?
I'm curious as to a couple of things, 1st, what was Mr. Aaron's health prior to his demise, two weeks prior and let's just say a month prior? 2nd, what are your qualifications to make such a correlation?

The man was 86 years old, ya think he may have had a few health issues? Tying his death as a direct result of his vaccination? Ya got anything to back that up?
I'm just interested to know what you know the rest of us don't.

Rams
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The autopsy will tell all......unless it's as tainted as everything else that get's reported nowadays.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The autopsy will tell all......unless it's as tainted as everything else that get's reported nowadays.

Is an autopsy being done? Hadn't heard that yet.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2021 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Autopsies are always done per law, unless you're a Supreme Court justice at which time you shall be cremated immediately.

I didn't leave enough bread crumbs. Edit: wait, yes I did. The title is clear. The first 2 to respond obviously didn't post in response to what the copied/pasted article states. Read it and reflect on what the goal of the vaccine was attempting.

Hint: I am not the topic.
Hint 2: I posted no opinions. So let maryjane and ccxjet post the strawman arguments.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 01-23-2021).]

James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May have died from cigarets (cancer).
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2021 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could just be old age.

There was a publicity stunt by Black activists and Hank to persuade the Black community to take the shot, because there's talk many are distrusting of it.

Ponder if this result will convince the Black community?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

It appears you're correlating Mr. Aaron's demise directly to his being vaccinated?
I'm curious as to a couple of things, 1st, what was Mr. Aaron's health prior to his demise, two weeks prior and let's just say a month prior? 2nd, what are your qualifications to make such a correlation?

The man was 86 years old, ya think he may have had a few health issues? Tying his death as a direct result of his vaccination? Ya got anything to back that up?
I'm just interested to know what you know the rest of us don't.

Rams

Well you could say the same thing about those that have died due to "Covid"
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every passing will now be politicized. All news is now propaganda.

The revolution will not be televised because we now have the internet.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-23-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2021 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The stunt was sorta like asking a question of a witness in court that you don't know the answer to.

It's gonna be great. Black people will see that the shot is safe when you guys take it.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Well you could say the same thing about those that have died due to "Covid"

And, I have.........
While I recognize COVID-19 as something that can kill, I believe the 400,000+ deaths reported as COVID deaths is greatly exaggerated.
There is a difference between dying of and dying with.
Having said that, I still highly encourage all to get vaccinated when the opportunity presents itself.
I got my COVID vaccinations back in August and September, I'm glad I did.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2021 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No thanks.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correlation does not equal causation.

I went to the store this afternoon.
When I returned home 3/4 hour later, my electrtic power was off.
Obviously, my act of driving to the store caused my power to go off.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I went to the store this afternoon.
When I returned home 3/4 hour later, my electrtic power was off.

That one heck of a remote you've got there.

Rams
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your correlation skills are lacking.

Larry King just died.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Larry King just died.

Damn! All kinds of things happen when maryjane goes to the store.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your correlation skills are lacking.

Larry King just died.

That, was probably caused by suspenders too tight and him being married 7 times.
See what I did there?

(don't mess with me. I can go to the store again. You already know how close it is.)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-23-2021).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Autopsies are always done per law, unless you're a Supreme Court justice at which time you shall be cremated immediately.

I didn't leave enough bread crumbs. Edit: wait, yes I did. The title is clear. The first 2 to respond obviously didn't post in response to what the copied/pasted article states. Read it and reflect on what the goal of the vaccine was attempting.

Hint 2: I posted no opinions. So let maryjane and ccxjet post the strawman arguments.

That's not true. "An autopsy is not generally necessary when the death is known to be the result of known medical conditions/diseases (ie, natural causes), adequate medical history exists, and there are no signs of foul play. In some cases, a detailed external examination may be sufficient to document injuries in cases with no pending legal issues associated."

And you know very well you posted that title with the intention of linking the vaccine with his death.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mary....Jane.......Please don't go to the store again!!! We will send you money- whatever you want ...please please don't threaten us again!!!!!

(Look out- He's got a coupon!!!!)

DUCK!!!

(Where? I don't see any birds....)
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who’d think it! 😁

Rams
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

That's not true. "An autopsy is not generally necessary when the death is known to be the result of known medical conditions/diseases (ie, natural causes), adequate medical history exists, and there are no signs of foul play. In some cases, a detailed external examination may be sufficient to document injuries in cases with no pending legal issues associated."

And you know very well you posted that title with the intention of linking the vaccine with his death.

Actually, I did a search to verify what you just posted. I thought that was the case. Started to post basically what you just said but decided I didn’t need another circular debate.

Request to MaryJane, please let us know the next time you’re headed to town.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2021 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

That's not true. "An autopsy is not generally necessary when the death is known to be the result of known medical conditions/diseases (ie, natural causes), adequate medical history exists, and there are no signs of foul play. In some cases, a detailed external examination may be sufficient to document injuries in cases with no pending legal issues associated."[quote]
Enh, that makes sense.

[Quote]And you know very well you posted that title with the intention of linking the vaccine with his death.

Lol, wrong. The title is quite clear; after PROMOTING the vaccine...The article solidifies the point that it was to negate reluctance. Ironic, huh? I'm asking if they succeeded in their attempt.

Not one person has acknowledged the article. You guys don't read, lol.
It's even in bold type to help you understand.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After promoting and TAKING the vaccine. I should not assign motivation but considering your stated dislike of this vaccine it wasn't hard to make the connection.

It is ironic though. Hank Aaron was my first baseball hero as a kid. Atlanta was close to Nashville where I grew up so we kind of adopted them as our home team. 86 years old is still a good run. RIP
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2021 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not agreeing with the stated necessity of it doesn't equate to disliking the vaccine. For most covid is nothing much.You jumped on an assumption.

The result will likely backfire with Blacks initially. Plus the establishment is backing off the doom talk now that Trump is gone. As they get comfortable with the vaccine, and if covid hype diminishes, then most people will resist a vaccine.

I remember well when he got the record too. Legendary accomplishment. But not equal to Ruth since The Babe for the era.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, an assumption. If you cannot at least acknowledge how the title may have led people to that conclusion then you diminish everything else you are trying to convey.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2021 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's called clickbait. The article has nothing of rhetoric against taking the vaccine. Which is unlike other articles boasting when someone dies after saying covid is nothing to worry about.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just tell us that brother. Stop trying to be snarky. Put up a smiley face or something to let people know you are yanking their chain. You see I can't get a handle on where you are coming from. Are you trying to be serious, funny, snarky, or are you trying to make fun of people? Maybe all the previous at times, I don't know. Just a request from a random joe forum poster.

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2021 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, point taken and understood. I'll get better at it.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That, was probably caused by suspenders too tight and him being married 7 times.
See what I did there?

(don't mess with me. I can go to the store again. You already know how close it is.)

Gee, I thought I heard he was married seven times to eight women. Perhaps it was seven times to six women.

You don't want to mess with me either. I will send my wife to the store, .
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35947 posts
Member since Jun 2003

... not equal to Ruth since The Babe for the era.

Ruth ? You mean that drunken baseball player who regularly stayed out till three in the morning, drinking and womanizing, and then showing up for the game, hung over, with a cigarette dangling from his lips ?
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2021 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35947 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Gee, I thought I heard he was married seven times to eight women. Perhaps it was seven times to six women.

It was eight times to seven women. The man had a death wish, .
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2021 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ruth ? You mean that drunken baseball player who regularly stayed out till three in the morning, drinking and womanizing, and then showing up for the game, hung over, with a cigarette dangling from his lips ?

I know, right? Heh-heh!

He had a crappy childhood. Effs with you when you aren't wanted.

It was a statement about the field, not ethical behavior. The game was different then and so was the ball.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 01-24-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The Hall of Famer received the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine on January 5 at Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia, in part to signal to Black Americans that the shots are safe.

Concerning Aaron’s cause of death, Fulton County medical examiner Karen Sullivan told AFP in an email: “There was no information suggestive of an allergic or anaphylactic reaction to any substance which might be attributable to recent vaccine distribution.”

“In addition, examination of Mr Aaron’s body did not suggest his death was due to any event other than that associated with his medical history,” Sullivan said.

“Based on the information provided by Mr Aaron’s family and physical examination of his body, it is my medical opinion that Mr Aaron’s death was not related to his recent vaccination for Covid-19.”

Goldie Taylor, head of marketing and communications at Morehouse School of Medicine, also said by phone that Aaron’s death “was not related to the vaccine.”

She emailed the school’s official statement, which reads in part: “Mr Aaron was a public health advocate and worked with us to help bridge the health equity gap in Atlanta and around the world. His passing was not related to the vaccine, nor did he experience any side effects from the immunization.”

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-28-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[quote]
The Hall of Famer received the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine on January 5 at Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia, in part to signal to Black Americans that the shots are safe.

Concerning Aaron’s cause of death, Fulton County medical examiner Karen Sullivan told AFP in an email: “There was no information suggestive of an allergic or anaphylactic reaction to any substance which might be attributable to recent vaccine distribution.”

“In addition, examination of Mr Aaron’s body did not suggest his death was due to any event other than that associated with his medical history,” Sullivan said.

“Based on the information provided by Mr Aaron’s family and physical examination of his body, it is my medical opinion that Mr Aaron’s death was not related to his recent vaccination for Covid-19.”

Goldie Taylor, head of marketing and communications at Morehouse School of Medicine, also said by phone that Aaron’s death “was not related to the vaccine.”

She emailed the school’s official statement, which reads in part: “Mr Aaron was a public health advocate and worked with us to help bridge the health equity gap in Atlanta and around the world. His passing was not related to the vaccine, nor did he experience any side effects from the immunization.”

[/QUOTE]

This deserves a bump! Thanks for posting it Don.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2021 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The topic wasn't what he died from. Taking the shot was done as a publicity initiative to convince Blacks that it is safe to take it, and that he died very shortly afterwards. Did it have the desired result?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Every passing will now be politicized. All news is now propaganda.

The revolution will not be televised because we now have the internet.

Pretty much.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The topic wasn't what he died from. Taking the shot was done as a publicity initiative to convince Blacks that it is safe to take it, and that he died very shortly afterwards. Did it have the desired result?

"it" ?
The immunization or the thread title?
The thread topic was a bust. Most PFF readers saw right thru it.

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2021 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're pretty easy to prove wrong through quotes. The topic is what I said 4 times. The title is easily deciphered. There is no post that he died of covid nor the vaccine.

I'm used to people not being able to see past their predetermonations, and won't cease to expose attempts to twist it to fit an assumption.

Black people won't be convinced by the propaganda attempt.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2021 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sourmash

4558 posts
Member since Jul 2016

Could just be old age.

There was a publicity stunt by Black activists and Hank to persuade the Black community to take the shot, because there's talk many are distrusting of it.

Ponder if this result will convince the Black community?

And here we are again.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock