Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Another Mass Shooting In Texas, here we go again ... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Another Mass Shooting In Texas, here we go again ... by cliffw
Started on: 09-01-2019 04:44 PM
Replies: 101 (1376 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 10-22-2019 10:48 AM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are 'a coming for your guns I tell you.
Someone posted awhile back that many of these senseless acts happen at the most opportune time, for them that want to get them.

Interesting. Here it is, just when Congress is scheduled to reconvene. After the El Paso mass shooting, when Congress was scheduled for yet another vacation, which delayed the topic of gun violence. The TOPIC that the left wants to control.

So what happened in Midland / Odessa ? A traffic stop ! Which went awry.
The yahoo stopped by a Texas State Trooper, shot at the Texas State Trooper, who was going back to his car, shot him in the back. I do not know if he was killed.

Five died, 21 injured, in the yahoo's attempted get-a-way. 20 miles, which involved a car-jacked mail delivery vehicle.

To here the left's spin, it WAS Another Mass shooting.
Truthfully, Faux News even called it that.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it really does qualify for the term 'mass shooting'.
25 shot and/or killed..
Shooter has been id'd as "Seth Ator' age 36.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/09/seth-ator/
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
I think it really does qualify for the term 'mass shooting'.

Either you or I are getting old and senile.

Shooting is defined as as pulling the trigger on a firearm. A mass shooting would be to pull it many / massively times.

A 'mass shooter' usually has a target audience.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any 'wherever' a bullet is caused to intentionally impact is called the target.
Quantity of targets targeted might be subjective but 25 intentionally targeted people, especially with no rhyme or reason certainly wouldn't be called an isolated handful of targets

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am just wondering what the Democrats are going to propose. Once they do, I also wonder just how anything they propose would change anything. Most of what I have heard is just taking guns away from honest citizens. Of course their real intent is to get rid of all private guns in the country.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2019 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3 hours and ten minutes between each shooting in Chicago this year.

27 shot already this weekend alone.

7 killed including many children.

Chicago, one city.

The shooter in Texas is a puzzy that should be unnamed. Repeat the names of the victims, but call the shooter subject 29 or something. Forget his name in history.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-01-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something is going on. We have had four of these events in 35 days. That is just not right. It cannot be just "random crazy people".
No law is going to fix this. We need to know the truth.
It isn't something "systemic" in our society.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

any 'wherever' a bullet is caused to intentionally impact is called the target.

You are trying to have me believe that some yahoo who got pulled over for not using a left turn signal, on IH 20, who shot a Texas State Trooper, and who was running for his freedom, had the time to target anyone.

+but 25 intentionally targeted people, especially with no rhyme or reason, certainly wouldn't be called an isolated handful of targets

I thought it was 25 injured, five killed. Rhyme and reason ? Really ?

One targeted after the traffic stop, was a Midland officer. Then an Odessa officer. One I think was a good semaritian, trying to help.

The rest ? Diversion ?
Mass shooting ? NO !
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2019 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Something is going on. We have had four of these events in 35 days. That is just not right. It cannot be just "random crazy people".
No law is going to fix this. We need to know the truth.
It isn't something "systemic" in our society.

We have had the same here past few months, and don't have nowhere near the general access to firearms you guys do. Not quite on the same scale but definitely unusual for here.

Stabbings and beatings are more the norm this side of the border.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I thought it was 25 injured, five killed. Rhyme and reason ? Really ?

One targeted after the traffic stop, was a Midland officer. Then an Odessa officer. One I think was a good semaritian, trying to help.

The rest ? Diversion ?
Mass shooting ? NO !

Ok..what is your 'official' definition of a 'mass' shooting?
Put up of shut up.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69654 posts
Member since Apr 2001

You are trying to have me believe that some yahoo who got pulled over for not using a left turn signal, on IH 20, who shot a Texas State Trooper, and who was running for his freedom, had the time to target anyone.

Your inexperience in real life use of firearms is an incredible and almost unbelievable exercise in naivety.
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the media are just looking for excuses to use the term "mass shooting". When you see the term "mass shooting" in a headline, you probably think of someone shooting up a shopping mall, or a school, or something like that. But this situation was very different.

It's also no secret that the authoritarians in this country are looking for anything that will support their "disarm the populace" agenda. They want sheeple to herd, and they don't give a damn if we object to being treated that way.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Subject 29" - I like that terminology. Let them be nameless.

I read earlier today that Subject 29 had just been let go from his job.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Put up or shut up.

You don't have to guess which, and I already did give you THE definition. Not my definition but the definition of those wanting to disarm America.

The pen is mightier than the sword ! I say that because the left want the term 'mass shooting' to cause an action of reaction to gun violence. A reaction they want. They want a "trigger word". I did not intend to use the word 'trigger' in a gun discussion.

Trigger word.
Say it WITH me everyone. Global Warming Climate Change MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE.

If we say it enough, it will become true, . Now every hurricane, flood, drought, ... is man made, .
Gun shootings ? Gun made.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In other words, You are like the little noisy dog perched up on the large lady's boobs in Walmart.
Just yappin to feel your butthole clinch, with no real answer or anything else of substance.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In other words, You are like the little noisy dog perched up on the large lady's boobs in Walmart.
Just yappin to feel your butthole clinch, with no real answer or anything else of substance.

Yes. I suppose most of that is true, though I believe my thoughts had substance.

What is your answer to someone going "Postal" ?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shooting or otherwise attacking co-workers and/or supervisors because of inability to accept workplace conditions or losing that workplace stature.

(See how that works? You asked a specific question, I provided a specific answer.)
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2019 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Put up of shut up.

Mass shooting.... opening fire in a Catholic Church during service.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guy was pulled over after being fired from his job for 'failure to signal'. But somehow I doubt any news organization is going to discuss ending Policing for Profit, instead of actually protecting their communities and solving real crime. So many routine traffic stops for non-offenses lead to people being killed, all because of revenue generation.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(See how that works? You asked a specific question, I provided a specific answer.)

No, you did not !

Reports ares that yahoo just got fired.
Again, what is your answer to some one going postal ?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2019 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Guy was pulled over after being fired from his job for 'failure to signal'. But somehow I doubt any news organization is going to discuss ending Policing for Profit, instead of actually protecting their communities and solving real crime. So many routine traffic stops for non-offenses lead to people being killed, all because of revenue generation.

That is a whole can of worms onto itself, but was exactly the situation in the city I just left. If there was no money in it one way or another the cops just couldn't be bothered with it.

PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2019 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MK ultra is still in play and being used.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2019 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, you did not !

Reports ares that yahoo just got fired.
Again, what is your answer to some one going postal ?

Perhaps, if you could phrase the question to actually be answerable, you would get an answer.
Are you asking for a definition of what "going postal" is? (I answered that question.)

Are you asking how I would handle someone "going postal"?
Are you asking how to prevent someone from "going postal"?

My answer to the first one, is to react in kind. If they go on a shooting spree, put them down.
The answer to the second is to do all that can be done to prevent them from having acess to any kind of weapon, as they are sociopaths and will always blame someone, anyone, everyone else for their own self inflicted problems and society in general would be better off if they each and all were locked up in a rubber room on piss and punk till they got their heads out of their own butts.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2019 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything that could be done was done. He failed a background check and was refused a firearm, he got one anyway. He called law enforcement before he began, and though they responded as quickly as they could, they were not fast enough.

The problem is that people look to the government for solutions. Just as with Dorian, human nature is beyond the control of the government.

Life is not safe. That will never change, nor should it. If you make life too safe, you end up with kids who eat Tide Pods.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2019 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps, if you could phrase the question to actually be answerable, you would get an answer.

Jeeze, I dun know. You told me I asked a specific question and that you provided a specific answer.

I will try again.

Please excuse me Don. I am prepping for 'marriage counseling', 2.0.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2019 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Former Vice President Joe Biden criticized President Trump during a stop in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, for not pushing for stronger gun control legislation, such as banning "assault type weapons" and magazines that can hold more than one bullet."

Is he really that stupid or is he simply senile?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2019 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They don't get it....if people are going to snap, they don't NEED a gun to do it. We had one in Toronto 2 summers ago where a nutbar drove down the sidewalk in a cargo van bowling people over.

The gun is just the tool, and if they cant get one tool they will just use another.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2019 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

They don't get it....if people are going to snap, they don't NEED a gun to do it. We had one in Toronto 2 summers ago where a nutbar drove down the sidewalk in a cargo van bowling people over.

The gun is just the tool, and if they cant get one tool they will just use another.

Yep.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2019 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

And there was an incident in China today that would highlight that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/new...ad-today-2019-09-03/
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2019 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fair enough. I will try again, even though I do not know what question to ask, nor if there could be an answer.

Are you asking for a definition of what "going postal" is? (I answered that question.)

I did not ask for a definition.

Are you asking how I would handle someone "going postal"?

I did not ask that. Shooting back seems as if it has merit, even though you are waylaid.

Are you asking how to prevent someone from "going postal"?

Yeah, I guess that is what I asked, umm, meant to ask, and thought I asked. You gave an answer. Thank you.

My answer to the first one, is to react in kind. If they go on a shooting spree, put them down.

Yeah, I agree. Fortunatley the evil "Blue Lives Matter" heroes did that.

The answer to the second is to do all that can be done to prevent "them" from having access to any kind of weapon, as they are sociopaths and will always blame someone, anyone, everyone else for their own self inflicted problems and society in general would be better off if they each and all were locked up in a rubber room on piss and puke till they got their heads out of their own butts.

Ahh, thank you. Who are them ? Any type of weapon, . How can we prevent that ? How do we identify them ? Beforehand. I am sure that there are many sociopaths who will always blame someone, anyone, everyone else for their own self inflicted problems. They don't all go on a ... "mass murder binge", or use a weapon.

It seems like the solution, the answer, is to keep them from thinking. I 'dun know if there is an answer Don.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-04-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2019 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It seems as if I did not phrase correctly my intent of this Thread in my opening post.

It is said that "he that owns the language, owns the issue". Hence my issue with the term "mass shooting". Which can be defined many ways.

In this instance, it is being used to create an action of reaction for a particular goal.

Other language 'ownership' :

"Abortion" equals women's health care. It could be true and does involve it. Now it is being said abortion is birth control. Well duh ! Wait. Can you birth something that is not a child ? It is rejected that a fetus is a child.

Let me try another one. "Social justice warriors" equal the good guys, right ? Except if they are the NRA.

There are others. I have not the time but for one more.

"Global Warming" has become real.

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2019 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is said that "he that owns the language, owns the issue". Hence my issue with the term "mass shooting". Which can be defined many ways.

Which, as is par for your course, you expect others to do while you failed to do yourself, and then proceeded to inundate the thread with one mundane question after another, after another, after another, after another.... adding nothing of substance to the discussion.
One wonders..
Exactly what, was your particular goal?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 09-06-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2019 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exactly what, was your particular goal?

Well, if I were to claim to having one, I suppose it would be to continue this thread which got delegated to the Trash Can.
The instances keep happening. As well as the discussions by politicians, special interest groups, ... people who want to affect our rights. Who want to shape how we think. Who want to define what happened. Discussions by politicians, special interest groups, and others who want to protect our Rights.

I would not have hoped to find a solution to this gun violence as I think that it is impossible to find a solution to violence.

Perhaps I had no goal. Perhaps I was just venting my objection to this shooting being called a 'mass' shooting. My objection at the word 'mass' being used as a trigger word.
I think the word mass is but slang for massacre. This shooting was no massacre, nor attempted one, as was true in El Paso, Parkland, Southern Springs, Columbine, the theater in ?Aurora Colorado, etc.

Perhaps I am trying to evolve my beliefs about gun control measures.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-06-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2019 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This shooting was no massacre, nor attempted one, as was true in El Paso, Parkland, Southern Springs, Columbine, the theater in ?Aurora Colorado, etc.

I believe that was his intent. The traffic stop only interrupted his plan.

He called both the local police and the FBI, just before he started his trip. He began firing before his car came to a full stop, so he had a loaded rifle close at hand while driving. He did not stop driving until he ended up at a movie theater, even hijacking another vehicle in order to continue.

It is my opinion that he was very much like the other rampage killers.

I suspect that the only reason we have not heard about any "social media" postings is that he just was not very "tech savvy". He worked as an oil field driver, I'm sure you have met guys like him. Having worked in the trucking industry, I know I have.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2019 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Seperator,

This is a quote from a link I posted in the thread in the link you posted.

Mass Shooting

The term is not a legal one — which means that definitions fluctuate. The Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit that tallies gun violence in the United States, defines a mass shooting as four or more victims shot or killed. Some media outlets use three fatalities as a baseline for a mass shooting; others four. The topic is widely debated

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 09-06-2019).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2019 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps I was just venting my objection to this shooting being called a 'mass' shooting. My objection at the word 'mass' being used as a trigger word.
I think the word mass is but slang for massacre. This shooting was no massacre, nor attempted one, as was true in El Paso, Parkland, Southern Springs, Columbine, the theater in ?Aurora Colorado, etc.

And of course, you again fled the responsibility of giving your own definition of something you purportedly wanted to discuss..this time, the word massacre.

You don't get out away from Siri much do you?

mas·sa·cre
/ˈmasəkər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
an indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of people.

verb
deliberately and violently kill (a large number of people).

By all accounts, this was brutal.
By any account, it was indiscriminate.
I suppose if one is on a historic level, a true butcher of men, this 'may' not qualify in violence, but it's close enough.
Without a doubt, he did his work deliberately.
"Large' is the only (barely) subjective word in the definition, but his targets were limited only because the sociopathic dog was put down before he could shoot more.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 09-06-2019).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2019 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Mr. Seperator,

This is a quote from a link I posted in the thread in the link you posted.

Mass Shooting

The term is not a legal one — which means that definitions fluctuate. The Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit that tallies gun violence in the United States, defines a mass shooting as four or more victims shot or killed. Some media outlets use three fatalities as a baseline for a mass shooting; others four. The topic is widely debated

As a branch of the DOJ, I'll go with the FBI definition of three or more killed in one incident.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2019 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

As a branch of the DOJ, I'll go with the FBI definition of three or more killed in one incident.

Including the perpetrator?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2019 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And of course, you again fled the responsibility of giving your own definition of something you purportedly wanted to discuss..this time, the word massacre.

Color me insane. I did not ask to discuss the definition of the word massacre. If you will look back, you would see I had objections to the word "mass shooting" being a trigger word to cause an action of reaction to acheive an ideological goal.
I simply stated that the incident was no "mass shooting".
I also stated that "mass shooting" could be defined many ways.

You were kind enough to provide an unnamed source for a definition of "massacre". Which does not agree with mine. Yours listed a noun and a verb. My displeasure is in the way that the word is used as an adjective. An adjective being a word which modifies a particular quality of the word they are modifying, for a political ideology.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2019 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are stuck defining something because we have to put a label on it that the public can understand.
This was an ill man that should have been talked out of these actions or at the least put somewhere he couldn't carry out his plan.
Its funny how my deep end seems so shallow when I see things like this happen.

Lets have some happy thoughts.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock