Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Info Shows Over $1 Billion in Business Losses 1985-1994. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Info Shows Over $1 Billion in Business Losses 1985-1994. by rinselberg
Started on: 05-08-2019 05:40 AM
Replies: 197 (2988 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 10-21-2020 12:11 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In recent years, archaeologists have uncovered much about the riddle of the Sphinx. How and when was it created, and during the reign of which of the Egyptian pharaohs. Now, the New York Times has taken what appears to be another important step in the unraveling of the mystery of Donald Trump's history as a businessman, and his much sought-after federal tax returns.

Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses
Newly obtained tax information reveals that from 1985 to 1994, Donald J. Trump’s businesses were in far bleaker condition than was previously known.
Russ Buettner and Susanne Craig for the New York Times; May 7, 2019.
https://www.nytimes.com/int...ald-trump-taxes.html

Mr. Trump was able to lose all that money without facing the usual consequences — such as a steep drop in his standard of living — in part because most of it belonged to others, to the banks and bond investors who had supplied the cash to fuel his acquisitions. And as The Times’s earlier investigation showed, Mr. Trump secretly leaned on his father’s wealth to continue living like a winner and to stage a comeback.

Video report from MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell and guests; 23 minutes.
To get the video link, reveal the hidden text and then use Copy and Paste to get the long character string that starts with "https". It may be helpful to use the EDIT function on this message for an easier way to Copy and Paste the video link. It requires copying the entire long character string to the very end. It ends with "1000".
Click to show

That's the long of it. Here's some more summary information and remarks.

5 Takeaways From 10 Years of Trump Tax Figures
Susanne Craig and Russ Buettner for the New York Times; May 7, 2019.
https://www.nytimes.com/201...ump-tax-figures.html
  1. Mr. Trump was deep in the red even as he peddled deal-making advice
  2. In multiple years, he appears to have lost more money than nearly any other individual taxpayer
  3. He paid no federal income taxes for eight of the 10 years
  4. He made millions posing as a corporate raider — until investors realized he never followed through
  5. His interest income spiked in 1989 at $52.9 million, but the source is a mystery

Since the 2016 presidential campaign, journalists at The New York Times and elsewhere have been trying to piece together Donald J. Trump’s complex and concealed finances. Now The Times has obtained 10 years of previously unrevealed figures from the president’s federal income tax returns. The tax numbers, for the years 1985 through 1994, paint a far bleaker picture of Mr. Trump’s deal-making abilities and financial condition than the one he has long put forth.

Former U.S. Army general Michael "Mike" Flynn was President Trump's first National Security Advisor. There's no connection between Mike Flynn and this report about Donald Trump's federal tax filings.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-08-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So ?

I am supposed to give a zhit about some billionaire losing money, ?
I think you like nothing burgrs more than vegan burgers.

By the way, what's so apealling about a vegan burger ? That it tastes like beef ? That's what beef is for. A vegan burger ... is like a gateway drug. Next thing you know, vegans will become carnivoirs.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carl's Jr has "Beyond Burger"--that's the Impossible Burger that I was messaging about (actually had one)--and Burger King is planning to offer the Impossible Burger later this year.

Keep watching this space and it's possible that I will go to your opening question, about why you should be interested in Donald Trump's history as a businessman and his federal tax filings, even going back to the years from 1985 to 1994.

I don't want to get stuck on this, right at this moment.

Another way to get that video segment would be to go to MSNBC online and look for the video segment that is labeled with

Trump's "Absolute Depression"... NYT report on Trump taxes begs the question: Who is paying Trump?

At this web page:
https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-08-2019).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

So ?

Some folks just like to see their screen name out there. I believe it's called Attention Seeking Syndrome.....

Rams
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You just wish that you could decide what ideas and opinions are allowed to be given a showing here.

Tough s**t.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump lost $1,000,000,000! Damn, I guess that's why he had to sell his jet and move into the trailer park.
or....
Maybe it's like the DJI loosing nearly 500 points yesterday and still being 25% higher than it ever was before that loser stole the election from Hillary.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-08-2019).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One trait of success is to not give up in the face of adversity.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Keep watching this space and it's possible that I will go to your opening question, about why you should be interested in Donald Trump's history as a businessman and his federal tax filings, even going back to the years from 1985 to 1994.

I don't want to get stuck on this, right at this moment.

So, a nothing burger. You used a headline, then decline to provide anything, so you only started with fake news. Are you waiting on someone to feed you some thoughts? The Mueller report didn't work out so wrll, but hey, maybe one of the many other made-up things will yield something...

If you have something useful to say, say it; otherwise, well, what are you posting about?

As far as I could tell, the first post was just random, incoherent fragments.

Now, let's compare to Hillary. Yes, the woman who failed at everything. Heck, she even failed as a wife! She illegally used insider trading to make money on the stock market. She ran everything in the red. She avoided paying taxes by more illegal manipulation. Basically, the entire illegal Clinton Foundation...is there anything ethical or legal about Crooked Hillary? Please, feel free to jump in with more facts.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And then there is another part of the story......

https://www.breitbart.com/e...c-real-estate-crash/
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not often post in OT but wonder about the legalities associated with obtaining Trump's old tax returns that are supposedly priviledged information. Also, tax returns often do not reflect actual cash flow after accounting for depreciation, tax shelters. etc. so who knows (or cares) what his actual income was 25 + years ago.

Nelson
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know that this wasn't a secret, right?

I mean, Trump wrote a friggin book about it.
Get yourself a copy and beat the "news" to the punch.

https://www.amazon.com/Trum...nald-J/dp/0812929640
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now, why would a major newspaper publish a misleading and incomplete story about one of the world's most polarizing leaders, and frame the information as a 'revelation' of incompetence/skullduggery?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 05-08-2019).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2019 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You just wish that you could decide what ideas and opinions are allowed to be given a showing here.

Tough s**t.

No one here but the left are trying to silence anyone else. As a matter of fact, I OFTEN disclaimer that folks should be themselves and enjoy their day. Not once did a leftie give me such an approach. Not once.

MAGA 2020
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A similar story was published on October 2, 2016 by the NYT.
Recycled news.
Motive?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

You know that this wasn't a secret, right?

I mean, Trump wrote a friggin book about it.
Get yourself a copy and beat the "news" to the punch.

https://www.amazon.com/Trum...nald-J/dp/0812929640

Yeah, but to be fair, just last week rinselberg learned that the FBI Trump investigation was named after the first line of a 50 year old hit song by the Rolling Stones. Give him time, he'll catch up.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And in 1995, the NYT wrote an article about Trump emerging from the financial situation, hailing him as the 'Comeback Kid'.......

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2019 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone cares to know just who is reporting the news...

Click to show

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's the U.S economy and unemployment?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2019 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Not once did a leftie give me such an approach. Not once.

Maybe because you refer to anyone that doesn’t parrot your every thought & belief as a “lefty”, among other things.
You know, your “fellow countryman”, the enemy.

This obsession you have with continuously reminding others how you magnanimously wish your self-created “antagonists” good tidings rings completely hollow to anyone with half-a-brain.

Stop buying into your own hype.
You’re no hero.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A comment on the political divide.

One party has been working for years to improve America.
One party has been working to fundimentally change America.

One party has been working within the constraints of the Constitution.
One party has been working to subvert and bypass the Constitution.

If you are a member of the party working to change and bypass our laws, you may be a 'fellow citizen', but you are an enemy to the country and all that it stands for.

Think about that for a bit.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2019 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Click to show

It has been a busy couple of weeks following me around. I like it.

Hidden only for those that do not want a response. This thread had NOTHING to do with him and I. All good folks.

Click to show

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 05-08-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

And in 1995, the NYT wrote an article about Trump emerging from the financial situation, hailing him as the 'Comeback Kid'.......

Saw this before although, I don't read the NYT. Regardless, Mr. Trump's taxes hold little interest from any year. With intelligent tax attorneys and whoever else does his taxes, if he broke any rules, the IRS would have addressed it.

Since he isn't in Jail, I have to assume his tax returns were legitimate, legal and allowed. The left is simply trying to keep their base fired up. I don't even like President Trump but find myself defending him frequently from the Leftist.

Let's take a hard look at the Clinton Foundation and the Clintion's personal taxes and see where that takes us. Oh wait, we really have no more reason to look at the Clintons than we do President Trump.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-08-2019).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2019 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My taxes were audited last year along with the business. For what ever reason it happened, and I am a much better man for it. My initial certified letter sent shivers down my spine, yet through a long track record of keeping records we did just fine. Even thankful to know where we stand in the community and beyond.

An excellent response here alluded to the verifiable fact that President Trump was never imprisoned for following the law. The man is a dedicated non alcohol or drug user that has a clean record.

Ignore the state of our Union. Ignore the economy. Ignore (ant) away...
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leftists make their decisions and form their opinions based on their emotions.

This causes them to live almost entirely in the present moment of their feelings and fantasies.

I believe that may be why they seem to have no awareness of history and are so inept at planning for the future.

https://www.washingtonexami...go-on-the-apprentice

The NYT's "great revealing bombshell" is just a recitation of President Trump's own words from 2004.

As "Fats" properly stated, President Trump even wrote about it in his own book 7 years before that.

Now, the New York Times has taken what appears to be another important step in the unraveling of the mystery of Donald Trump's history as a businessman, and his much sought-after federal tax returns.

NO mentally ill Ronald. They didn't.

They're just retelling old stories and creating propaganda that soft children and soft minds of the left want to believe is "news".

That causes a soft, diseased, mind like yours to obediently come here and regurgitate it on this forum as a "great revelation".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-08-2019).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe because you refer to anyone that doesn’t parrot your every thought & belief as a “lefty”, among other things.

This obsession you have with continuously reminding others how you magnanimously wish your self-created “antagonists” good tidings rings completely hollow to anyone with half-a-brain.

You’re no hero.

They aren't the enemy?

The left has literally called for people that think like me to be killed. I'm not sure what you call that, but I don't think they are friends.

I'm called a racist because I voted for Trump.
I can't put anything political on my vehicle because my property will be damaged.

But yea, I'm out of line for thinking of them as the enemy.

And I'm not even getting into the crap where the left is working in a very real way into removing my freedoms.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They aren't the enemy?

You may want to keep in mind that you're addressing a character who posted an extremely vile anti-Semitic image on this forum and called it "humor".

THEN he tries to preach "morality" to others.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2019 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They aren't the enemy?

Click to show

You Sir are not far off on your assessment. A pic of a man that was banned for life from Chicago Cubs. Here he is playing the "you looked" game, or is he being racist? (It has already been decided. He is a racist.)

Image hidden from view. EXTREME RACISM. View at own risk and great peril. Devastating consequences are to arise if viewed while not in your "safe space". No cry closets will be used here. You really are on your own with no hope for the depression that will surely follow...
Click to show

Edit: There are pics of this out there that have been pixelated. Bwahahahaha!

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 05-08-2019).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2019 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only $1 Billion?
Google and others lost more then that each like many "Beta" and other projects from Google now canceled...
Remember Google Glass? How many Millions of $ did that eat? And that's just One money pit. 5 Reasons Why Google Glass was a Miserable Failure
More see the list @ https://killedbygoogle.com/

FB and others does same thing. Any gimmick that fails in just a tax write-off and very likely not only in the US.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2019 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
I believe it's called Attention Seeking Syndrome.....

Is there an acronym for that ?

Originally posted by tshark:
Now, let's compare to Hillary. Yes, the woman who failed at everything. Heck, she even failed as a wife! She ran everything in the red. She avoided paying taxes by more illegal manipulation. Basically, the entire illegal Clinton Foundation ...

A couple of more comparisons.
The US government. Always runs in the red. Also, a few(?) dumbacratically run cities have filed bankruptcy.

A lefty ? Oh the horror. Tony, have you no shame ? It's not like your fellow countrymen have called you a racist, a bigot, a homophobe, a climate denier, a suppressor of minority voting rights, accused you of pushing Granny over the cliff, against women's health rights, anti immigrant, having white privilege, or other such lies. Tony, quit twisting your panties in a knot over what someone might call you. Even the irrational lefties.

Boondawg, quit buying into your utopian world view.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2019 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well then, at least we have the lefties putting the flock into "Chicken Little Syndrome". Funny, but no biatching about it when it is directed at those that want to MAGA? "Gosh Beave, I just don't know?"

Please try and stop the progression of our country and its people. Please try to treat others as you want to be treated. Or, continue this BS approach and get shats from the likes of me? Choices. Choices. Choices.

I like this guy. I like him a lot.

Can you hear me now?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2019 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They aren't the enemy?

The left has literally called for people that think like me to be killed. I'm not sure what you call that, but I don't think they are friends.

I'm called a racist because I voted for Trump.
I can't put anything political on my vehicle because my property will be damaged.

But yea, I'm out of line for thinking of them as the enemy.

And I'm not even getting into the crap where the left is working in a very real way into removing my freedoms.

From a fellow fat guy..Yes they hate us.

Dont matter. I'll still stand at attention for the anthem of both countries. I'll still shut my yap and listen when an NCO or officer speaks. I'll still drink out of a garden hose and ride a bike with no helmet. I dont swim but when a sergent-majors widow looses her wedding ring at the bottom of some lake, damn straight I'll jump in and go get it. I still say frunk and puzzy and believe there are only 2 genders, and I dont care about pronouns.

The left and their political-correctness are determined to destroy us. Its not going to happen.

I dont like Trump for his business acumen, I like him because he is willing to stand up to protect your freedom..and he does it for free. He donates his paycheque.

When is the last time a President or Prime Minister did THAT ?
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2019 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, what is the significance of this new reporting from the New York Times? I suspect that is one of the points or issues that has been getting "kicked around" in the course of this Topic, as I return to this Topic for the first time since I started it more than 24 hours ago.

The House Ways and Means Committee, led by Democratic Congressman "Richie" Neal of Massachusetts, has been trying to get access to the last six years of President Trump's federal tax returns. Mr Neal has said that his request is justified by a law that's been on the books for almost 100 years; a law that was put in place after the Teapot Dome scandal during the Presidential administration of Warren G. Harding, which began in 1921. Trump's Secretary of the Treasury, Steven Mnuchin, wants to block the committee's request.

If this argument eventually becomes a court case, I think this new reporting from the New York Times, which is based on Trump's IRS taxpayer transcripts from 1985 to 1994, could be used by the committee's lawyers to add persuasive legal argument to support the request for access to the last six years of Trump's federal tax returns.

The committee's lawyers could argue that the exceptional character of Trump's IRS filings from 1985 to 1994 ties into the committee's purpose and Congressional oversight functions, as the Ways and Means Committee is supposed to function as the leading House committee on tax-related legislation. The committee's lawyers could argue that the exceptional character of Trump's IRS filings from 1985 to 1994 is in and of itself an argument for the committee's legitimate need for the last six years of Trump's IRS filings as it considers whether there is a need for changing the tax codes that pertain to Real Estate Development and Real Estate Transactions.

This would stand alongside another argument that the Ways and Means Committee lawyers would likely marshal, that the committee needs the last six years of Trump's federal tax filings as part of its oversight function over the IRS. The IRS, by tradition if not by law--as I am not an expert about this--has a responsibility to audit the serving President's IRS filings. The committee's lawyers could argue that the last six years of Trump's IRS filings are data that the committee must have to fulfill its oversight functions over the IRS.

This new reporting from the New York Times could also be marshaled in support of subpoenas from other House committees--Financial Services and Intelligence and/or Judiciary--for Trump business related records from Mazars USA, which has been the accounting firm for Trump's business holdings, and from Deutsche Bank, which has a long financial history with the Trump organization. (I think there is a second bank that has also been subpoenaed.) The Trump administration is trying to block these subpoenas and prevent the House committees from obtaining these records.

All part of a House Democratic-led effort to suss out whether there is some "Sword of Damocles" that is hanging over the President, that calls into question his reliability, in term of his oath to defend the United States and the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and in terms of his ability to preside over the United States government, set policies and make decisions about both foreign and domestic issues, without putting his own self-interest above the genuine interests of the United States. Has the President been compromised by foreign interests? Is he beholden by debt or by knowledge or "Kompromat" to one or more foreign entities, as a consequence of his history of financial and business-related transactions?

To wit.

One last remark here: Did someone inside of the IRS leak Trump's taxpayer transcripts from 1985 to 1994 to a New York Times reporter, and in so doing, commit a federal crime? Not necessarily. These taxpayer transcripts can become part of loan or mortgage applications or other private sector financial transactions. So maybe the Trump taxpayer transcripts came to the New York Times from someone inside of, or someone who was previously employed at Deutsche Bank--for one possibility. Or how about the NFL"s Buffalo Bills? It's known that Trump made an effort (unsuccessful) to obtain ownership of the Buffalo Bills. (I just put this in for some slightly comic relief.)

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-09-2019).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2019 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2019 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To wit.

From a mentally ill, gibbering, half-wit.

It's over Ronald.

It's WAY past time for you to go get the professional psychiatric help that you need.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or the Democrat controlled House could get on with the business of the People, instead of their political party.
Infrastructure
Health Care
Immigration
Just a thought....

But hey, lawyers gotta eat too
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, what is the significance of this new reporting from the New York Times? I suspect that is one of the points or issues that has been getting "kicked around" in the course of this Topic ...

I suspect that you are wrong !

The House Ways and Means Committee, led by Democratic Congressman "Richie" Neal of Massachusetts, ...

Mr Neal has said that his request is justified by a law that's been on the books for almost 100 years; a law that was put in place after the Teapot Dome scandal during the Presidential administration of Warren G. Harding, which began in 1921.

Why should I give a zhit about what Dumbocratic Congressman "Richie" Neal of Massachusetts thinks ? The Dumbocratic party is the political party which called wolf too many times. WHAT law is he referencing ? Is there a scandal going on ? The Dumbs have been wanting President Trump's tax returns since day one. Why are we hearing about some supposed law now for the first time in almost 100 years ?

If this argument eventually becomes a court case, I THINK this new reporting from the New York Times, which is based on Trump's IRS taxpayer transcripts from 1985 to 1994, could be used by the committee's lawyers to add persuasive legal argument to support the request for access to the last six years of Trump's federal tax returns.

The committee's lawyers could argue that the exceptional character of Trump's IRS filings from 1985 to 1994 ties into the committee's purpose and Congressional oversight functions, as the Ways and Means Committee is supposed to function as the leading House committee on tax-related legislation.

Your thinking is suspect. First of all, this is not new reporting. It was reported on years ago because "zombies want to know". President Trump even wrote a book on the subject, The Art Of The Comeback(?). President Trump even mentioned this new old news in the very first episode of The Apprentice.

Secondly, what would the "the exceptional character of Trump's IRS filings from 1985 to 1994" be ? How is it any more exceptional than any other real estate developer of the time ? What tax related legislation is the House and ways committee working on ?

This would stand alongside another argument that the Ways and Means Committee lawyers would likely marshal, that the committee needs the last six years of Trump's federal tax filings as part of its oversight function over the IRS.

Bullzhit, and you know it. Grasp at straws much ? House Ways and Means Committee is exploring no ... NO ... oversight over the function of the IRS, and, your President Trump's circumstances are no different than anyone else who lost money.

Where was I ? Oh yeah, suddenly bored.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazon loss many billions and still writing those losses off and hasn't paid taxes since inception.

But Bezos buys the Washington Post for the leftist propaganda mill.

OAC Venezuela loss $320 billion in 2018 alone. Trillions since the Socialists Revolution.
Venezuela use to have a population below poverty rate of 15.4%, today that number is 89.7%

Let that sink in Bernie Burns!

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, what is the significance of this new reporting from the New York Times? I suspect that is one of the points or issues that has been getting "kicked around" in the course of this Topic, as I return to this Topic for the first time since I started it more than 24 hours ago.
Translation; "I don't care what anyone else posted, I've already made up my mind in this matter and this isn't a discussion as much as it's just me mentally masturbating on here."

The committee's lawyers could argue that the exceptional character of Trump's IRS filings from 1985 to 1994 ties into the committee's purpose and Congressional oversight functions, as the Ways and Means Committee is supposed to function as the leading House committee on tax-related legislation. The committee's lawyers could argue that the exceptional character of Trump's IRS filings from 1985 to 1994 is in and of itself an argument for the committee's legitimate need for the last six years of Trump's IRS filings as it considers whether there is a need for changing the tax codes that pertain to Real Estate Development and Real Estate Transactions.

This would stand alongside another argument that the Ways and Means Committee lawyers would likely marshal, that the committee needs the last six years of Trump's federal tax filings as part of its oversight function over the IRS. The IRS, by tradition if not by law--as I am not an expert about this--has a responsibility to audit the serving President's IRS filings. The committee's lawyers could argue that the last six years of Trump's IRS filings are data that the committee must have to fulfill its oversight functions over the IRS.

This new reporting from the New York Times could also be marshaled in support of subpoenas from other House committees--Financial Services and Intelligence and/or Judiciary--for Trump business related records from Mazars USA, which has been the accounting firm for Trump's business holdings, and from Deutsche Bank, which has a long financial history with the Trump organization. (I think there is a second bank that has also been subpoenaed.) The Trump administration is trying to block these subpoenas and prevent the House committees from obtaining these records.

Wait, so the entire argument is that they need to see the returns so that they can see if the tax laws pertaining to real estate need changed? How do you not see how insane that is? Seriously?

Also, calling the NYT "the paper of record" does not make it so. They are a rag, bent on extreme left propaganda and can't be trusted at all.

[This message has been edited by Fats (edited 05-11-2019).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny how many forget that Obama put us TRILLIONS more in the red in less than eight years.

By the way, for the brain dead liberals, 1 trillion is 1000 billions.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2019 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Amazon loss many billions and still writing those losses off and hasn't paid taxes since inception.

But Bezos buys the Washington Post for the leftist propaganda mill.

OAC Venezuela loss $320 billion in 2018 alone. Trillions since the Socialists Revolution.
Venezuela use to have a population below poverty rate of 15.4%, today that number is 89.7%

Let that sink in Bernie Burns!

What he said, and that's not all, pay attention.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock