Started on: 02-12-2017 12:21 AM
Replies: 54 (1169 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 06-22-2021 12:19 AM
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 02-12-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Live feed, local tv in Oroville

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And here's the key to this ****ed up state:

It was not immediately clear whether Brown in the immediate future would lift water restrictions that were enacted as a result of the drought emergency, or keep them in the place.

We are completely out of the drought...no questions about it but we have a ****ed up, piece of **** governor who will probably make another shitty decision and NOT lift the water restrictions so he can keep the rates higher.

Here in Shitafornia, when the state raises prices or taxes due to temporary situations, they rarely return to normal.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-12-2017).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Rahm Emanuel

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hotel parking lot is packed here already.

Feather river was really scouting already two weeks back. It muct be insane right now.

I have equipment I am bidding on in a warehouse not 1/4 mile from the river. I wonder if I should even bother bidding anymore on it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest news said the erosion is not as bad as they first thought.

I'm waiting for some moron to say they saw a "Muzzie" walking along under the dam earlier in the week with a shovel in his hand...
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I'm waiting for some moron to say they saw a "Muzzie" walking along under the dam earlier in the week with a shovel in his hand...

A Muslim? In California's redneck land?

I'm pretty sure the Muslims population what ever it is keep a strict adherence to their preplanned routes from home to the 7/11 and back home again.

Truthfully I don't think a Muslim or any middle easterner could go unnoticed in Oroville. The only one I have seen there myself would be at the little minimart gas station right off the Highway.
Nobody better mess with that dude cause he always gives me a free bluberry muffin when I fill the truck there.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2017 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something I find 'funny' about the news reports...
"Authorities decided to begin releasing water from the emergency spillway after the normal spillway developed a large crater..."

They had no choice--it's not like the emergency spillway can be opened, raised or lowered. It's just a low sill concrete wall.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2017 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

We are completely out of the drought...no questions about it but we have a ****ed up, piece of **** governor who will probably make another shitty decision and NOT lift the water restrictions so he can keep the rates higher.

Here in Shitafornia, when the state raises prices or taxes due to temporary situations, they rarely return to normal.

YUP.. this they caused..
Seems.. the leadership in that dump.. pick and choose whom was the loosers in the drought b/s that they made with controlled damming..
Instead of letting the water flow naturally.. they picked whom got water and whom got almost none..
Cali.. needs to float away..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-13-2017).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2017 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not far from here and last summer we in the north were mega restricted for water usage. My wife and i took a trip to orange ca and i asked my wifes aunt if they were restricted and she said it was all lifted last year so they could do what they wanted when it came to watering. I'm not happy about my water usage fees going up with a restriction but down south it is business as usual.
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2017 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2017 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

I'm not far from here and last summer we in the north were mega restricted for water usage. My wife and i took a trip to orange ca and i asked my wifes aunt if they were restricted and she said it was all lifted last year so they could do what they wanted when it came to watering. I'm not happy about my water usage fees going up with a restriction but down south it is business as usual.

I suspect a larger number of angry voters may have something to do with that. Numbers matter to politicians.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

You can't do much about the length of your life, so focus on the width and depth. When Life throws you a curve, lean into it and roll that throttle!!

If, you wish to piss off a Conservative, lie to him.
If, you wish to piss off a Liberal, tell them the truth.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2017 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I suspect a larger number of angry voters may have something to do with that. Numbers matter to politicians.

not in liberal lala land states ,the politicians have no fear of any challenge
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2017 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah yeah yeah. Did you see the erosion all around the spillways ? The erosions I think might have accelerated the emergency spillway erosion. Kalifornia has not invested in it's infrastructure. Now Jerry Moonbeam is asking for Federal help. I guess they spent too much money on cheap labor illegal immigration. Likely the same Federal dollars that helped or did build the dam.

Originally posted by blackrams:

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
not in liberal lala land states ,the politicians have no fear of any challenge

Unless they have money, .

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:
I have equipment I am bidding on in a warehouse not 1/4 mile from the river. I wonder if I should even bother bidding anymore on it.

I would lower my bid. Fire sale prices and all,

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2017 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are going to try to plug the hole by heli-dropping bags of rocks into it.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2017 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heh, imagine the erosion downstream now that Kalifornia did an emergency dump of water downstream.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2017 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

They are going to try to plug the hole by heli-dropping bags of rocks into it.

From the pics I looked at last night, they better get a LOT more rocks and helicopters.
This pic doesn't show it well, but the whole area for about 50 yards out in front of the spillway is washed away, and you can kinda of see the big hill beyond that wash, just before the collapsed roadway.

I think they knew the erosion was going to take place. Saturday late, I saw a live feed where they had a concrete boom truck pouring concrete below where the "A" arrow is. Looks like they are concentrating today, on the area at arrow B where the water came around the end of the emergency spillway near the parking lot.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-14-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2017 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUT BUT cali.. that everyone of it's people will tell the other 49 that we need them as they are our economy will be out asking for the 49 to bail their stupid asses out yet again..

Such a bunch of smarties.. that with the huge economy claims need to rape the tax payers with high taxes, high sales taxes and stupidly high business taxes..
But we other 49 should follow their lead..

Maybe they sould fill the vold with shade balls..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-14-2017).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2017 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

BUT BUT cali.. that everyone of it's people will tell the other 49 that we need them

Grumpasaurus needs to fed and put down for a nap.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update video. Good blast footage.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Wow

Thats all?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats all?

Off with their heads?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Off with their heads?

Just Jerry Brown....the most worthless human being on the planet.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just Jerry Brown....the most worthless human being on the planet.

Jerry Brown... Gray Davis... Maybe ya'll should stop electing colors! At least I was able to be part of riding the governors office of Gray...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2021 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2021 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

4 years later..

Which would seem to reinforce my ongoing assertion that the California electrical grid is rickety as hell, even now.
I wonder what the effect will be when they hang a few million electric car charging stations off of the end.

I'm thinking that, not only will Californians get to sit home in the heat, in the dark, now they won't even be able to leave, because their cars will be dead, with no way to charge them.
Going forward, this is going to be a sh!t-show of the largest magnitude.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2021 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But--but--the California Energy Commission has a lot of photos and captions on their web page.
https://www.energy.ca.gov/p...-and-topics/programs
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2021 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
"dirg" is "grid" spelled backwards.

dirg

An expression: used to display fustration with incompetent people or situations.

I broke up with her and now youve invited her to the party, we were friends before her. Dirg.

Urban Dictionary
https://www.urbandictionary...define.php?term=dirg

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-18-2021).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2021 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Which would seem to reinforce my ongoing assertion that the California electrical grid is rickety as hell, even now.
I wonder what the effect will be when they hang a few million electric car charging stations off of the end.

I'm thinking that, not only will Californians get to sit home in the heat, in the dark, now they won't even be able to leave, because their cars will be dead, with no way to charge them.

Well...I guess CA could take some lessons from Texas on their electrical grid...........

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2021 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Well...I guess CA could take some lessons from Texas on their electrical grid...........

I suspect the outcome may be similar. The difference is, Texas is isolated and limited because their utility industry wants it that way.

Most every other electric utility in the country has a method of buying electricity capacity from "off system". Georgia and Alabama can buy or sell electricity from/to Florida, South Carolina, and TVA. Mississippi can buy/sell from/to Entergy or other entities. There are interconnections all over the grid called "tie lines" that allow just these scenarios. Everyone predicts their generation capacity, and their projected requirements, and makes arrangements accordingly. It's carefully choreographed. But if the SHTF, I'm pretty sure that emergency measures can be implemented fairly quickly.
Texas, from what I've heard, probably only has one or two tie lines. Not nearly enough to support them, if sh!t gets real.
I don't like Federal intervention any more than the next person, but it would appear that there are trade-offs and advantages. NERC is all about reliability, above all else. I'm just a telecom guy, and I get exposed to this stuff on a daily basis. In the years since 9/11, and especially in the past five years, security and reliability have gained real ground, in the grand scheme of things.

California, OTOH, is hampered largely because of environmental restrictions imposed by their own government. They can't clear the vegetation beneath the transmission lines.
Then, when the demand gets great, and a lot of current is flowing, the lines get hot. Then they sag into the trees, and start fires. (Seriously.. That's how it works. Electricity conduction makes heat. This on top of the already high ambient temperature. Heat makes the conductors sag - due to expansion, and due to elasticity and their own weight.)
Lots of the problems are undoubtedly caused by long overdue maintenance issues. (It would appear that they've been financially strapped for a while. Preventative maintenance is usually the first thing that gets postponed.)

Merely an observation.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-18-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2021 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know of another state in the union that continually staggers from disaster to disaster like California does, with such a large number of them self-inflicted by stupid choices driven by Leftist ideology.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California, OTOH, is hampered largely because of environmental restrictions imposed by their own government. They can't clear the vegetation beneath the transmission lines.
Then, when the demand gets great, and a lot of current is flowing, the lines get hot. Then they sag into the trees, and start fires. (Seriously.. That's how it works. Electricity conduction makes heat. This on top of the already high ambient temperature. Heat makes the conductors sag - due to expansion, and due to elasticity and their own weight.)
Lots of the problems are undoubtedly caused by long overdue maintenance issues. (It would appear that they've been financially strapped for a while. Preventative maintenance is usually the first thing that gets postponed.)

Merely an observation.

There are big changes that have been executed by our CEO at PG&E. We are buying solar energy from Cal Flats and routing it to multiple substations, we just installed one of many battery storage facilities in a joint project with Tesla, and we have about 50 hydro plants in the mountains that create electricity for almost all of our substations throughout California. The brush clearing and tree trimming is actually happening all over Northern California. It was part of the court proceedings to where basically, we HAVE to cut the trees whether people like it or not. Right now we are in a huge heat wave with temperatures ranging from 104-112 degrees over the next 2 weeks. Our grid has been slightly strained during the heat wave and no power has been shut off due to any type of overload. As of right now, we have no plans on rolling blackouts. So far, so good.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder what the effect will be when they hang a few million electric car charging stations off of the end ...

Today I noticed 7 or so Tesla charging stations suddenly appear at a relatively new Gas Station near the freeway. There's nothing to do in that area except perhaps watch the traffic going by. It made me wonder what electric car owner would really use a station like that, with nothing to do, when they could just go a few more miles and visit the charging stations at the Mall. Makes no sense to me but it sure looks expensive. Who is paying for this?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:
Today I noticed 7 or so Tesla charging stations suddenly appear at a relatively new Gas Station near the freeway. There's nothing to do in that area except perhaps watch the traffic going by. It made me wonder what electric car owner would really use a station like that, with nothing to do, when they could just go a few more miles and visit the charging stations at the Mall. Makes no sense to me but it sure looks expensive. Who is paying for this?

It won't be long before that's a new town center, as developments spring up all around these new EV charging stations.

"If you build it, they will come."
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Who is paying for this?

Tesla pays for all charging stations that are installed. The only time the property owner has to partially pay is if they request Tesla install them in an area where Tesla has not determined they are needed.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are big changes that have been executed by our CEO at PG&E. We are buying solar energy from Cal Flats and routing it to multiple substations, we just installed one of many battery storage facilities in a joint project with Tesla, and we have about 50 hydro plants in the mountains that create electricity for almost all of our substations throughout California. The brush clearing and tree trimming is actually happening all over Northern California. It was part of the court proceedings to where basically, we HAVE to cut the trees whether people like it or not. Right now we are in a huge heat wave with temperatures ranging from 104-112 degrees over the next 2 weeks. Our grid has been slightly strained during the heat wave and no power has been shut off due to any type of overload. As of right now, we have no plans on rolling blackouts. So far, so good.

Slightly strained?! That's it? Excellent! Good show! (Everybody's grid is "slightly strained" from time to time, I would think.)
I didn't realize (or at least forgot) that you worked for PG&E. I applaud this progress, and I hope it continues.
Truthfully, I figured that the legislators would have the state hamstrung to a fare-thee-well, for the long term. I'm glad I'm wrong.

So... what is the projected additional load for a s___load of charging stations? And, more importantly, are you going to be ready?
I sincerely hope so. I don't want CA to fail but, based upon previous events, I sort of anticipated it. This gives me some hope that I'm wrong.
Edit - Thanks for jumping in.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-19-2021).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2021 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So... what is the projected additional load for a s___load of charging stations? And, more importantly, are you going to be ready?
I sincerely hope so. I don't want CA to fail but, based upon previous events, I sort of anticipated it. This gives me some hope that I'm wrong.
Edit - Thanks for jumping in.

I mentioned about our partnership with Tesla, here is the information on our first battery storage venture. Moss Landing is on the coast near Monterey California. There is basic information in the last paragraphs. I think in certain areas, the battery storage units could actually offset the charging station concerns as well as assist with feeding the grid at peak hours.
https://www.tesmanian.com/b...es-stunning-progress

We actually have a new CEO that comes from Consumers Energy in Michigan. She has rotated this company 180 degrees in the right direction compared to the last 2 CEO's. She also has a great track record and as a bonus to us car guys, she worked for GM as a plant manager from 1990-2005.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2021 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me fix that for you.

Well...I guess CA should take some lessons from Texas on their electrical grid...........

Texas had ONE issue during an unprecedented Global Warming Ice Age. Did 'ja know ..., we had (I think it was three) coal powered generation stations the were not in use, have not been in use, because of tree hugging greenies from places like Kalifornia.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock