Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Bradley Edward Manning (Chelsey) is a free man/woman (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Bradley Edward Manning (Chelsey) is a free man/woman by WBailey1041
Started on: 01-17-2017 04:42 PM
Replies: 41 (1367 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 01-14-2018 05:06 PM
WBailey1041

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Obama's commutation. Free on my 17th instead of 2045

You can't make this up.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/...nnings-sentence.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didnt I see that Assange said hed come to the US is Manning was released ? Lets see what happens.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Didnt I see that Assange said hed come to the US is Manning was released ? Lets see what happens.

Rather odd due to the fact that the United States government has NOT asked for the extradition of Julian Assange.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-17-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought theyd been fighting for him for years, and is why hes in the embassy that wont extradite him. Maybe Im missing something... Pretty sure Sweden wants him for fictitious rape charges and the US asked if they would send him to the US first.

according to this :

http://www.thegatewaypundit...ition-one-condition/

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-17-2017).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I guess the current administration doesn't really care about leaks after all? Snowden shoulda got a sex change and he'd be home free too?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So apparently Obuma caved...And Assange dont have to come to the US because Obuma will be gone... Great deal for him.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2017 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

Thanks to Obama's commutation. Free on my 17th instead of 2045

You can't make this up.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/...nnings-sentence.html

And you are shocked.. this shows whom was behind that leak in the first place.. manning was just a willing pawn..
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Besides another slap at America, what does this do? What is the positive of commuting the sentence of a convict?
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2017 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Besides another slap at America, what does this do? What is the positive of commuting the sentence of a convict?

Allows the person to make millions writing a book, and talk show rounds.. can't stand trial again so, he free to throw some more info out , remember Obama is burning the place down as he leaves

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 01-17-2017).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Allows the person to make millions writing a book, and talk show rounds.. can't stand trial again so, he free to throw some more info out , remember Obama is burning the place down as he leaves

It's exactly what he is doing. Creating such a mess that it'll take even longer to get things right.

Brad
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I'm sure there will be some who defend Obama and his decisions, this makes me sick.
Clear a path to the head, I think I'm gonna puke............

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

You can't do much about the length of your life, so focus on the width and depth. When Life throws you a curve, lean into it and roll that throttle!!

If, you wish to piss off a Conservative, lie to him.
If, you wish to piss off a Liberal, tell them the truth.

PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Allows the person to make millions writing a book, and talk show rounds.

Only if he does it for free. The law says (not that it matters, I guess) you can't process from your crimes. Mannings sentence was commuted (meaning he gets to go home). It WASN'T pardoned (meaning it was basically dismissed).

Ron---I agree. Despicable.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2017 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Only if he does it for free. The law says (not that it matters, I guess) you can't process from your crimes. Mannings sentence was commuted (meaning he gets to go home). It WASN'T pardoned (meaning it was basically dismissed).

If it's a book on the mil culture of evil... it isn't about his crimes now is it.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Free on May 17th instead of 2045 ...

Why not January 21st 2017 ?

Originally posted by blackrams:
... I think I'm gonna puke............

Ron, you have no idea ... of how bad it's gonna be.

Originally posted by maryjane:
Snowden shoulda got a sex change and he'd be home free too?

Bradley Manning has not had a sex change yet, just hormone replacement treatments. He will be released after the sex change operation, paid for by the military you and Ron served so proudly for, and the American taxpayers.

What is a sex change operation ? A misnomer if you ask me. Bradley Mannning's DNA, nor his RNA, can be changed. Hormone replacement may be able to endow him with big tits but they will never produce milk. Nor will he ever be able to give birth. He will just be an extreme cross dresser.

I have an old pair of tree branch lopers, kinda dull, a little rusty, but I would volunteer to Lorena Bobbit him. If HE would like, he could choose my fishing knife for the procedure.

Originally posted by randye:
Rather odd due to the fact that the United States government has NOT asked for the extradition of Julian Assange.

How could they prosecute Assaunge ? They said Bradley's actions did not harm the United States. Even though Bradley's work was found when Oama Bin Laden was shot dead.

If the Westboro Church is allowed to spout their bile, chasing down Veteran funerals, we ought to be able to hound Bradley relentlessly.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The “Iraq War Logs” published by WikiLeaks revealed that thousands of reports of prisoner abuse and torture had been filed against the Iraqi Security Forces. Medical evidence detailed how prisoners had been whipped with heavy cables across the feet, hung from ceiling hooks, suffered holes being bored into their legs with electric drills, urinated upon, and sexually assaulted. These logs also revealed the existence of “Frago 242,” an order implemented in 2004 not to investigate allegations of abuse against the Iraqi government. This order is a direct violation of the UN Convention Against Torture, which was ratified by the United States in 1994. The Convention prohibits the Armed Forces from transferring a detainee to other countries “where there are substantial grounds for believing that he would be in danger of being subjected to torture.” According to the State Department’s own reports, the U.S. government was already aware that the Iraqi Security Forces engaged in torture

U.S. defense contractors were brought under much tighter supervision after leaked diplomatic cables revealed that they had been complicit in child trafficking activities. DynCorp — a powerful defense contracting firm that claims almost $2 billion per year in revenue from U.S. tax dollars — threw a party for Afghan security recruits featuring boys purchased from child traffickers for entertainment. DynCorp had already faced human trafficking charges before this incident took place. According to the cables, Afghan Interior minister Hanif Atmar urged the assistant US ambassador to “quash” the story. These revelations have been a driving factor behind recent calls for the removal of all U.S. defense contractors from Afghanistan

The Guantanamo Files describe how detainees were arrested based on what the New York Times referred to as highly subjective evidence. For example, some poor farmers were captured after they were found wearing a common watch or a jacket that was the same as those also worn by Al Queda operatives. How quickly innocent prisoners were released was heavily dependent on their country of origin. Because the evidence collected against Guantanamo prisoners is not permissible in U.S. courts, the U.S. State Department has offered millions of dollars to other countries to take and try our prisoners. According to a U.S. diplomatic cable written on April 17, 2009, the Association for the Dignity of Spanish Prisoners requested that the National Court indict six former U.S. officials for creating a legal framework that allegedly permitted torture against five Spanish prisoners at Guantanamo. However, “Senator Mel Martinez… met Acting FM [Foreign Minister] Angel Lossada… on April 15. Martinez… underscored that the prosecutions would not be understood or accepted in the U.S. and would have an enormous impact on the bilateral relationship”

Even though the Bush and Obama Administrations maintained publicly that there was no official count of civilian casualties, the Iraq and Afghanistan War Logs showed that this claim was false. Between 2004 and 2009, the U.S. government counted a total of 109,000 deaths in Iraq, with 66,081 classified as non-combatants. This means that for every Iraqi death that is classified as a combatant, two innocent men, women or children are also killed

The “Collateral Murder” video released by Wikileaks depicted the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad, including two journalists working for Reuters. The Reuters news organization has repeatedly been denied in its attempts to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-sight, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters photographer and his rescuers. Two young children who were present in the attempted rescue were also seriously wounded. Ethan McCord, a U.S. army soldier who can be seen in the video carrying wounded children to safety, has said that whoever revealed this video is a “hero.” An internal U.S. military investigation concluded that the incident was consistent with the military’s “Rules of Engagement.”

According to the “National Humint Collection Directive,” a secret document that was signed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and published by WikiLeaks, US diplomats were authorized to collect “biometric” and other sensitive information from top UN officials as well as UN representatives from other nations. The leaked documents show that “biometric data” specifically included samples of the officials’ DNA, among other forms of personally identifying information. They also ordered diplomats to collect credit card information and secure passwords. These activities contravene the 1946 UN Convention

A cable from December 2008 showed that officials from the International Atomic Energy Agency had warned the government about the danger posed by potential seismic activity in the area. The official stated that Japan’s “safety guides for seismic safety have only been revised three times in the last 35 years.” He also noted that the government had fought against a court order to close down another nuclear facility that was not adequately prepared for an earthquake. After being ignored by the Japanese government, the IAEA official also warned the U.S. ambassador to Japan about the looming threat from possible earthquake damage. These warnings went unheeded. The International Atomic Energy Agency has now ranked the Fukushima disaster as severe as Chernobyl

Since December 2009, President Obama has authorized a secret drone bombing campaign in Yemen. A year later, WikiLeaks revealed that Yemen’s President Saleh had agreed that his regime would “continue saying the bombs are ours, not yours.” These drone strikes have killed large numbers of civilians. One of the strikes that occurred shortly before the cable in question was written had killed 55 people, 41 of whom were classified as civilians (21 of these were children) according to a report by Amnesty International (11). This US military operation in Yemen, which persists to this day, has not been officially acknowledged by our government.

“The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.”
 – United States founding father Patrick Henry
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:
“The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.”
 – United States founding father Patrick Henry

The liberties of our enemy will be secure, when the transactions of their enemy (the United States of America) are availed to our enemy.

I support Edward Snowden. Bradley Manning ? I would piss on his grave.
Maybe not. I hear tell he had mental issues and should have never been allowed into the military. My guess is that he got in because of social justice, .
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone thought that Assange might have something on either Obama or the Obama administration and Assange threatened to release it unless Manning's sentence was commuted? Nothing to back that up of course but a thought. Manning is the quasi-poster child of Wikileaks and made them mainstream news. Maybe, maybe not. But with everything that has happened over the last year or so with Wikileaks and politics, I think almost anything is possible anymore. The commuting of Manning's sentence has people screaming from both sides of the aisle right now. So why now? Why not earlier? Why not right after the election? Just kind of an odd move on the President's part that leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont have any problem with wikileaks putting out truthful info that we otherwise would not ever know about...like Hillarys crap. As long as it dont put GOOD Americans in actual harms way, let em at it. Without wikileaks Hillary probably would have won because few knew about her illegal and shady goings on. Everyone would have worshiped her as an angel.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Has anyone thought that Assange might have something on either Obama or the Obama administration and Assange threatened to release it unless Manning's sentence was commuted? Nothing to back that up of course but a thought. Manning is the quasi-poster child of Wikileaks and made them mainstream news. Maybe, maybe not. But with everything that has happened over the last year or so with Wikileaks and politics, I think almost anything is possible anymore. The commuting of Manning's sentence has people screaming from both sides of the aisle right now. So why now? Why not earlier? Why not right after the election? Just kind of an odd move on the President's part that leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

He did it because everyone is pressuring him to pardon Snowden, but he doesn't want have the balls to do that.

Chelsea Manning released documents affirming things we pretty much all already knew. It just wasn't something people talked about. It was good that we were able to discuss it all, and I think overall it was a net positive. But she also just released everything indiscriminately. That was more careless, it showed a complete lack of thought and could have really hurt the U.S. It's only by chance that it didn't.

Snowden released Top Secret intel, and confirmed things only conspiracy theorists previously believed. He basically started this whole conversation on digital privacy. He also released things in pockets directly to the media. It's targeted. He also, by need, became buddy-buddy with enemies of the country in order to survive.

They're two different cases. Some say Snowden is a hero. Some a traitor. But there are a lot of people that do want him pardoned because they believe he exposed things we had a right to know as citizens. Obama responded by commuting Chelsea's sentence to send a message to those people: "I do not support what Snowden did. If you are going to release documents, do it here at home, where we have control over you." Chelsea is/was harmless, but future leaks are dangerous. If people believe they will be okay if they release documents and stay in America, people who are thinking of releasing information won't flee outside of America's grasp like Snowden did.

Assange having something on Obama makes no sense. He is about to leave office. His legacy is set.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

This is one of several thought trails I see in comment sections of liberal news articles--a semi-justification for the pardon.

I see it more as platitudes to appease the gay/lesbian/trans gender sector.
Hollyweird is applauding the pardon.

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I can think of is...

Corporal Klinger finally got his Section 8...

------------------

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deceler8:
All I can think of is...

Corporal Klinger finally got his Section 8...

Funny zhit right there, .

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2017 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

. If people believe they will be okay if they release documents and stay in America, people who are thinking of releasing information won't flee outside of America's grasp like Snowden did.

Assange having something on Obama makes no sense. He is about to leave office. His legacy is set.

As for the 1st.. only a fool would think staying in the country after releasing doc's will be ok.. anyone with a brain would know they are dead man walking..

as for the 2nd.. "Assange having something on Obama makes no sense" you think so.. What if it was something that can put him behind bars.. Him almost out of office has zero to do with it.. and the may release is most likely so obma can collect that 51 million that went missing in the middle east and get out of dodge before Assange or snowden cook his ass

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As for the 1st.. only a fool would think staying in the country after releasing doc's will be ok.. anyone with a brain would know they are dead man walking..

as for the 2nd.. "Assange having something on Obama makes no sense" you think so.. What if it was something that can put him behind bars.. Him almost out of office has zero to do with it.. and the may release is most likely so obma can collect that 51 million that went missing in the middle east and get out of dodge before Assange or snowden cook his ass

I mean... Chelsea is literally walking proof that's not true. And my opinion is that's what they want future leakers to believe.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Im not entirely sure, but I think you cant profit from a crime WHILE YOUR INCARCERATED. I dont think it applies at all if you write a book and sell it after your freed. I also dont know if commuted or pardoned has anything to do with it.

Even this doesnt make it clear about after serving a sentence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_Sam_law

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I mean... Chelsea is literally walking proof that's not true. And my opinion is that's what they want future leakers to believe.

Lets see if he is still breathing a year after he/she is let out..
Something tells me, that freedom will be short lived (pun pun)
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is Hillary's pardon? The clock is running out....

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lets see if he is still breathing a year after he/she is let out..
Something tells me, that freedom will be short lived (pun pun)

I'll bet you $100 Manning is alive, well and a social media / talk show circuit phenom one year from release.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll bet you $100 Manning is alive, well and a social media / talk show circuit phenom one year from release.

Maybe, but it is a 100% sure bet that POS won't be getting any VA benefits or any free sex operations from the government.

http://www.usatoday.com/sto...-discharge/96742180/

It is also a good bet that 8 years of leftist social engineering experiments with our military are also OVER.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-20-2017).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is also a good bet that 8 years of attempting to play leftist social engineering games with our military are OVER as well.

Oh, that's right. Asston Cartier is out of a job.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe, but it is a 100% sure bet that POS won't be getting any VA benefits or any free sex operations from the government.

I am not so sure. Why the May 17th 2017 date set ?
I do hope he has to fund HIS own perversion.

Heh, , does anyone think anyone is gonna wanna have sex with BRUCE Katlin Jenner, or BRADLEY Chelsea Manning ?

# sex change

PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, he/she/it better get busy and sign up for Obama care quickly so that we the tax payers can continue to pay for it's hormone treatment now that it doesn't get it from the prison doctors.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it hasn't had gender reassignment surgery yet. When he is out, maybe he will have some deductible to spend on that elective surgery.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the up side, that traitor Bergdahl did NOT get the pardon that he begged for.

https://www.washingtonpost....m_term=.be8ebd49dbfe
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2018 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chelsea Manning files for US Senate bid in Maryland
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 12:06 PM PST
Updated: Jan 13, 2018 12:06 PM PST

BETHESDA, Md. -

Chelsea Manning will run for the U.S. Senate in Maryland.

The transgender former Army officer who was convicted of leaking classified documents filed her statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday.

The Washington Post reported Saturday that Manning will challenge Democrat Ben Cardin. He has served two terms and is an overwhelming favorite to win.

The 30-year-old Manning listed a North Bethesda address in her FEC filing. She is running as a Democrat.

Manning was convicted of leaking classified information and spent more than six years behind bars.

Known as Bradley Manning at the time of her 2010 arrest, Manning came out as transgender after being sentenced. President Barack Obama granted clemency to Manning before leaving office.

___

Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-13-2018).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In MaryLand, I suspect he/she/whatever, will win too.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-13-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then, President Oprah can appoint him(?) to a cabinet position, perhaps Homeland Security or Veteran's Affairs.
Out of the closet and into the cabinet!

I still got five left.....I may need them.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-13-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19514 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Here is something that I have found troubling for some time now, regarding "news coverage".
I Googled this story and read the first five results. The reports were from varying publications including Yahoo, WaPo and several local papers from different geographic locations. In each case, the first five paragraphs from each "news source" were identical, word for word. No one is investigating. America is being spoon fed. This is the information being used by a large percentage of the population when they go to the polls.

America better wake up and start thinking for themselves. I know exactly why Trump uses the language he uses. It gets people's attention.

When I was a child attending a small Southern Baptist church in Pensacola, the preacher would speak calmly and softly as he looked over the congregation. When he noticed some were beginning to nod off, he would raise his hand to the sky and shout as he slammed his fist into the pulpit. No one slept through that.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-13-2018).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not terribly different from decades goneby Willie.

Surely you are old enough to remember that AP/UPI 'spoonfed' dozens if not hundreds of newspapers and radio news stations around the world long before cable news and the internet?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-14-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you are right. It just wasn't so obvious when most of us read only one newspaper day after day and year upon year.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock